Time taken to change the bb plan.?

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
Just changed the plan from ULD 650 to ULD 999 from Selfcare bsnl site.

Done that on 24 - 7 - 2015 last friday eve and till now no change in speed or plan.

Done google search and found that some guys experienced change in 2 days and some guy's plan changed even within some hours of submitting plan change request.

Am from Kerala, and anyone done plan change though selfcare site, please help me.?

ankitj1611

Journeyman

Done that on 24 - 7 - 2015 last friday eve and till now no change in speed or plan.

Done google search and found that some guys experienced change in 2 days and some guy's plan changed even within some hours of submitting plan change request.

Am from Kerala, and anyone done plan change though selfcare site, please help me.?

Once i requested change of my bb plan from this same method (self care portal) I got call after 2 days Sorry sir you have to give a written application for plan change in BSNL Office.

OP
jkultimate

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
Once i requested change of my bb plan from this same method (self care portal) I got call after 2 days Sorry sir you have to give a written application for plan change in BSNL Office.

dafaq...!.><
When I asked exchange they said to do online :mrgreen:

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA

You have to wait for the end of this week.
Plan change effects take place at the beginning of next month.
Your change of BSNL broadband plan will take place from 01-08-2015.
I belong to Kolkata,and I've changed plans through self care portal twice,every time the effect took place at the starting of next month.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I am from Punjab region.Maybe there is some restriction from BSNL in regions

I applied for plan change on 28th last month, they took 7 days to process it. -_-
As for the restrictions, BSNL has orders to provide crap plans all over India except for Hyderabad circle.

OP
jkultimate

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
You have to wait for the end of this week.
Plan change effects take place at the beginning of next month.
Your change of BSNL broadband plan will take place from 01-08-2015.
I belong to Kolkata,and I've changed plans through self care portal twice,every time the effect took place at the starting of next month.

Oh ok then, I have to wait 4 days more :D

I am from Punjab region.Maybe there is some restriction from BSNL in regions

I applied for plan change on 28th last month, they took 7 days to process it. -_-
As for the restrictions, BSNL has orders to provide crap plans all over India except for Hyderabad circle.

True mate. BTW in hyderabad, whoe goes for GREEDY BSNL as ACT has awesome plans for decent monthly charges...!
Here BSNL is robbing us with low speeds and high charges.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
[MENTION=93457]jkultimate[/MENTION] As others have said, You should submit a written letter to the BSNL office. That's what I did. My plan was changed within two to three hours. Also, after the plan change, your billing cycle will be changed. BTW, I'm from Tamil Nadu. Should be the same procedure in Kerala too.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Write a letter.They will change it in 1 or 2 days max.I did the same.Billing will be on Pro rata Basis.This was my experience in Bangalore.

OP
jkultimate

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
@jkultimate As others have said, You should submit a written letter to the BSNL office. That's what I did. My plan was changed within two to three hours. Also, after the plan change, your billing cycle will be changed. BTW, I'm from Tamil Nadu. Should be the same procedure in Kerala too.

Write a letter.They will change it in 1 or 2 days max.I did the same.Billing will be on Pro rata Basis.This was my experience in Bangalore.

So guys, as I submitted a request online, and if I gave written request, will those two will be a problem..?

Shah

Cyborg Agent
So guys, as I submitted a request online, and if I gave written request, will those two will be a problem..?

I don't think so. Because, You can't change from a plan to the same plan. Even if the online submission is processed after 4 days, You'll only have your FUP reset and only pay for the number of days you have used.

ashs1

Padawan
My friend changed his plan around 5-6 months back..at that time, we submitted a letter to the bsnl Nagpur office and the plan was changed the next day( pro rata basis).. I would suggest you to submit a written request.

OP
jkultimate

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
I don't think so. Because, You can't change from a plan to the same plan. Even if the online submission is processed after 4 days, You'll only have your FUP reset and only pay for the number of days you have used.

My friend changed his plan around 5-6 months back..at that time, we submitted a letter to the bsnl Nagpur office and the plan was changed the next day( pro rata basis).. I would suggest you to submit a written request.

Ok guys. I will do so.
Thanks to all

OP
jkultimate

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
Wait for the month end and see if they changed the plan.If not go submit a written letter.

Just given a written letter to main office which is 15km away from my home. When I returned back home the plan was changed.
But here is the sad part. When I do speedtest, it is not showing any difference..! :(
Same 0.60 download and 0.50 upload. :( This is the exact same speed my old ULD 650 was giving.

What is the problem guys..? Is it because of my current months usage is about 25GB...? (Exceeded 8GB as new plan's limit)
This plan is 4mbps to 8gb and 512kbps after that..! ULD 999 combo

EDIT: - Guys, youtube is now significantly faster and buffering in 720P HD is not a problem.
Downloading musics is about 100kbps max.
Is it normally like this.? I thought, 4 Mbps will have around 300-400 kbps download speed..?
4000/8 = approx 500kbps..?
[MENTION=129731]Shah[/MENTION]

Last edited:

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Just given a written letter to main office which is 15km away from my home. When I returned back home the plan was changed.
But here is the sad part. When I do speedtest, it is not showing any difference..! :(
Same 0.60 download and 0.50 upload. :( This is the exact same speed my old ULD 650 was giving.

What is the problem guys..? Is it because of my current months usage is about 25GB...? (Exceeded 8GB as new plan's limit)
This plan is 4mbps to 8gb and 512kbps after that..! ULD 999 combo

EDIT: - Guys, youtube is now significantly faster and buffering in 720P HD is not a problem.
Downloading musics is about 100kbps max.
Is it normally like this.? I thought, 4 Mbps will have around 300-400 kbps download speed..?
4000/8 = approx 500kbps..?
[MENTION=129731]Shah[/MENTION]

Bro, If your plan is changed, your billing cycle has changed too. So, No you haven't crossed FUP. In my case, I changed plan mid-month and I too had already crossed FUP limits. After plan change, I was getting pre-FUP speeds.

Instead of speedtest, try downloading something else and see the download speeds you get. Obviously, It's impossible to play 720p video without buffering in a 512Kbps line.

- - - Updated - - -

If you still feel you're getting only 512Kbps speed, Either the plan isn't yet changed or something else is wrong.

Try logging in to SelfCare portal to see, if the plan has changed or not.

OP
jkultimate

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
Bro, If your plan is changed, your billing cycle has changed too. So, No you haven't crossed FUP. In my case, I changed plan mid-month and I too had already crossed FUP limits. After plan change, I was getting pre-FUP speeds.

Instead of speedtest, try downloading something else and see the download speeds you get. Obviously, It's impossible to play 720p video without buffering in a 512Kbps line.

- - - Updated - - -

If you still feel you're getting only 512Kbps speed, Either the plan isn't yet changed or something else is wrong.

Try logging in to SelfCare portal to see, if the plan has changed or not.

Thanks @Shah, it is now a lot faster. Downloading in torrents with food seeders giving me 200kbps, and normal downloads giving aroud 200kbps also. Speedtests sucks :D

So the plan is changed..!! (Y)

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Thanks @Shah, it is now a lot faster. Downloading in torrents with food seeders giving me 200kbps, and normal downloads giving aroud 200kbps also. Speedtests sucks :D

That's great but strange. I too get around 200kbps on a 2Mbps plan. Are you sure BSNL has no caps for maximum speed in your region? In my locality, they have capped to 2Mbps. That's why I didn't opt for a higher speed plan.

- - - Updated - - -

If it is indeed capped, Give them a call. They should help you.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz

I get 300-400 kbps download speed in torrent on a 4mbps plan. Try a different torrent with good amount of seeders.

OP
jkultimate

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
That's great but strange. I too get around 200kbps on a 2Mbps plan. Are you sure BSNL has no caps for maximum speed in your region? In my locality, they have capped to 2Mbps. That's why I didn't opt for a higher speed plan.

- - - Updated - - -

If it is indeed capped, Give them a call. They should help you.

Why should they cap the speed..?
In my case, I don't know. 200 is the maximum speed am getting. Not seen 300kbps till now.
BTW, It's showing in their site, ULD 999 is Upto 4MBPS till 8 gb. So I never get this 4 Mbps all the way till 8GB..?

I get 300-400 kbps download speed in torrent on a 4mbps plan. Try a different torrent with good amount of seeders.

Will try mate. Tnx

Top Bottom