Time for a desi public torrent lister ?

Time for a desi public bittorrent lister ?

• Yes

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Blank vote

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

major9

There are over a dozen private desi trackers, but not one public torrent lister like mininova.org. There was a reason 2-3yrs back why it wasn't possible i.e internet b/w was low in India & therefore most people just downloaded & didn't bother to seed. But now the condition has improved.

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
^^Really has the condition improved??
Not much if you see that we still get 256kbps as upload speed which will just bottleneck the torrents as leechers will download at 2mbps...

OP
M

major9

But still the condition has improved, hasn't it ?? Before broadband connections were almost nil also none of the Indian users did not use to seed. But now this has changed tremendously.

almighty

Ambassador of Buzz
major9
I think u got the TREMENDOUS ISP :D thats y u r thinking all of us has TREMENDOUS speed
LOL
still BB user dont get the proper speed :(
avarage ppl use plan under 1k(or can say rs 500-600) which has low bandwidth plan...

rohan

In the zone
i can't believe that out of this thread.. all of you are gonna rabble about how piracy is not allowed on this forum and how intellectual property needs to be respected.

and don't tell me that p2p is not necessarily piracy. everybody knows what we use mininova for.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
^^ there is also a specified thread for invitation to join the PIRACY GANG ... :-D ...

( Even i too requested few invitation and got few.....LOL :) )

man i think P2P is the way internet is going to evolve along with web 2.0//

there is no denial..

even there is a music band (forgot the name) which eventually realeased its album over the P2P for free...
and they just requested to contribute or pay wht we think is suitable... HOW COOL.....

think of main singers and band.. without those greedy recording companies .. they will be able to reach to MASS... and many will even feel free to pay a price of thier choice... i think even this money when compared to internatiuonal standard will fetch them in millions..

and more over P2P will save lots of bandwidth..

and comming to the the topic..

yes there should be a search site like isohunt for desi torrents...
ya it will be awesome..

but i dont think it will ever thappen.. since many torrent sites like desitorrents are now more conc in money ...
and i dont think they will release them to publicc..

even now thier site is closed and they aredemaning/requestiong donation...

will have to wait,,

lets see even major9 may start a indian mininova...... :-D

praka123

left this forum longback
desi public torrents :p all leechers if any does.no seeders anyway!thx to pathetic internet infrastructure esp u/l speeds!

OP
M

major9

The major national ISPs like Airtel, Tata give speeds in 1:1 ratios. Except for BSNL & MTNL (i'm not sure), its because of the technology they use. I still think that we will be able to seed torrents though the speeds may not be that great.

@rohan - i just used mininova to show an example for an indexer/lister

rohan

In the zone
major9 said:
@rohan - i just used mininova to show an example for an indexer/lister

you could have used any other indexer/lister. It'd still mean the same in almost all those cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom