Three Things I Learned In Randa, Switzerland

Who

Guess Who's Back
Hello guys last week i attended my first developer sprint in Randa, Switzerland and it was sponsored by KDE for the travels & accommodation, i have written a blog post based on my experience there that i would like to share with you all,

I had gone to Randa last week for my very first sprint, Randa is more than 4000 miles far away from Mumbai airport , it took me almost 16 hours to reach there and back but in the end I could say the experience was worth all the travel and few misgivings , I had lots of fun in Randa, I talked to lots of cool people , ate lots of different food, coded a bit as well, but more importantly I learned lot of things and I would like to share three important things I learned it Randa.

I am and always be a noob

The sprint at Randa made me realize how little I know about coding, how what I learned at college is actually implemented, and in the end it made me realize that I am still a noob but I don’t really see that as a bad thing, I mean there is always much to learn and to be honest understanding, asking questions (even if they are stupid), making (very) silly mistakes are all parts that make life exciting, I am happy that I am still a noob as it fills the life with a sense of excitement , though sometimes it does bother me a little but in all I hope I always be a noob so I can keep learning new things be it programming or any other thing for that matter.

On a side note, knowing me I am sure I annoyed lots people during the sprint sorry I didn’t mean to but it’s all right, that’s part of life too. Your not perfect but you gotta lot to give along the way.

Continued : Three Things I Learned In Randa « Who is who ?

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
Hello guys last week i attended my first developer sprint in Randa, Switzerland and it was sponsored by KDE for the travels & accommodation, i have written a blog post based on my experience there that i would like to share with you all,

Continued : Three Things I Learned In Randa « Who is who ?

Like ur signature says, Stay hungry, stay foolish! :)

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
i read somewhere that flushing the toilet after 10pm in switz is illegal?
I am going on a tour there in a month. Is that true?

Note: This is no troll/joke. I am scared of stupid eu laws.

Offtopic? I know. But its atleast related to swiss.

lolwut?

R2K

In the Zone
I read somewhere that flushing the toilet after 10pm in switz is illegal?

NOTE: This is no troll/joke. I am scared of stupid EU laws.

LOL.....how are they gonna know abt you flushing the toilet....?

And if at all they threaten you abt it just sue them for invading your privacy...:D:D:D
Huh..see this is why i love India so much:D....:rofl:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
The KDE trip or the speech???
The OP's first post.

I read somewhere that flushing the toilet after 10pm in switz is illegal?

NOTE: This is no troll/joke. I am scared of stupid EU laws.

Why would they have a rule like that..? Where did you read that.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
KDE is the best desktop environment out there.

KDE - Plasma Desktop

Sarath

iDota
Ok yeah I found it. But I can see I might have hijacked this post so I am deleting my post, for I only wanted to know the answer. Sadly OP hasnt responded. For those who did indeed read my post, well, the answer is Yes. However its unlikely that it applies on tourists and hotels so I guess I am safe.

Try not taking this further. I can give you the link but then just google it. Its easier.

Kindly delete the quotes. If I ever go on a swiss trip and find this discussion in my thread I would be heart broken.

OP congrats on your successful trip (although I have no idea what its about)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I'll clarify that for you. It is nothing more than a rumour much like 36% of NASA Scientists are Indians etc.

Sarath

iDota
Hopefully so. But law. You take it as a joke its fine. But finding oneself behind the bars is not funny at all. Ok overexaggerated but being questioned or embarrassed is not too.

Europe is known for strange laws which bend common sense.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
do you really think they can *enforce* such a law?

k, enough off-topic now.

Sarath

iDota
Cant believe I made you go offtopic. I was gonna start another thread with those (seemingly fake laws) but I dont want spam here. So I dint.
I am deleting my posts if you do too or else it will look like we are talking to ourselves.
If you are still a mod (green colour=mod) then feel free to delete my posts in this thread. [except 1st one]

Top Bottom