Thinking about buying a Flash

OP
marvelousprashant

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Ordered Di600 :)

About the batteries these will be good?
Buy Panasonic Eneloop Pro upto 2550mAh 4xAA Rechargeable Ni-MH Battery BK-3HCCE/4BN Online at Low Price in India | Panasonic Camera Reviews & Ratings - Amazon.in

charger
Panasonic BQ-CC17SBA eneloop Advanced Individual: Amazon.in: Electronics

or this combo
Sony BCG34HH4EI Power Charger and 4-pc AA High Capacity (2500mAh): Buy Sony BCG34HH4EI Power Charger and 4-pc AA High Capacity (2500mAh) Online at Low Price in India - Amazon.in

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Ordered Di600 :)
Congrats...

About the batteries these will be good?
Buy Panasonic Eneloop Pro upto 2550mAh 4xAA Rechargeable Ni-MH Battery BK-3HCCE/4BN Online at Low Price in India | Panasonic Camera Reviews & Ratings - Amazon.in
So Panasonic acquired Sanyo? Old story, but I am just learning that...
I have read good reviews about this, so I would say good to go.

charger
Panasonic BQ-CC17SBA eneloop Advanced Individual: Amazon.in: Electronics
or this combo
Sony BCG34HH4EI Power Charger and 4-pc AA High Capacity (2500mAh): Buy Sony BCG34HH4EI Power Charger and 4-pc AA High Capacity (2500mAh) Online at Low Price in India - Amazon.in
Nope. You don't wanna charge your batteries for looooong time. Better buy a quick charger. Not necessarily it has to be 1 hour quick charger. Just look for charger which charges @ 500mah (at least) or so.
If possible better buy one which has LCD display to show the status and options like conditioning/refresh and all. It's little expensive, but worth it.

Darth Vader

In the zone
For charger get this if you can:
Amazon.com - Ambient Weather BC-2000 Intelligent Battery Charger for AA/AAA Rechargeable Batteries -

Better than La Crosse BC700/1000.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
@nac any link to product?
These were the models I considered before buying charger three years ago. Pretty much all of them are discontinued, I assume.

Models with refresh function and also has LCD
Sony BCG-34HRMF4
Yes Quick charger - A099

Model with refresh function but no LCD
Sony BCG-34HRE4

No LCD, No refresh function
Sanyo - MQR06
Yes Quick charger 505
Yes Quick charger-6688

No refresh function, but has LCD
Envie Speedster

Finally, I end up buying Envie speedster. It's more like cheapo version. But it charges fast. They claim 500mah output rate when charing 4 batteries at the same time, 900mah when charging 1 or 2 batteries.

La crosse and maha were got good reviews at that time. But they are not available here and they are also much expensive.

See if you can find any of those models I mentioned and do your own research before placing order.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
[MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION] , that's unfortunate and really bad if that has happened. Wanted to get all Canons but the price would have been a bit more than double.

sujoyp

Grand Master
quick charger is good for photography...even if you forget to charge batteries before you can just start charging and half hr charge is enough for 50 shots...I also have one of uniross..

OP
marvelousprashant

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Batteries and chargers on the way. Ordered nissin di600 from amazon but seller called and cancelled order. He said he had only 1 piece and was defective.

Ebay seller doesn't ship to my location. Have called him and asked to make an exception. Waiting for confirmation.

Meanwhile on amazon price of nissin from diff seller has gone up to 13k

I hope ebay ships otherwise will settle for yn560

OP
marvelousprashant

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
from a review

The YN560 IV now adding a master mode, or effectively a YN560-TX radio transmitter unit built into the flash (in addition to the remote manual radio receiver already built into the current YN-560 III)

The YN560 IV master flash can control the remote manual flash power, and flash zoom length, of 3 individual groups of remote YN-560 III and YN560 IV flashes (while the YN560-TX has the extra ability to control up to 6 individual groups).

Like the current YN-560 III, the new YN560 IV flash has the remote manual radio slave built in as well, which can be controlled by other YN560 IV, YN560-TX, or simply fired by RF-603 II, RF-603, and RF-602 manual radio triggers.

Top Bottom