Things which you feel are fake and pointless, but you participate in anyways ?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
BTW on a personal note, I really feel you should broaden your social involvement buddy. No offense. :)[]

You buddy, sometimes I feel, confine yourself too much to your defined limits. Give yourself some freedom. :)

I don't know what gives you impression that I am not social and that I confine myself too much in my defined limits. On the contrary I think I have become more social or just enough social that I want to be. And if I live in the limits defined by "me" then I don't see a problem here either.

The suggestions you gave could be applicable to many self proclaimed geeks here on this forum. And from your perspective there is a problem with all those members too?
Can we just stick to give out opinion on "things we feel are pointless", rather than suggesting others about what "they feel are pointless"? No offense.

Speaking of which, one more thing I feel is pointless..
Arguing with people on the Internet, when one knows the argument will probably go nowhere.

Wow.. what a spectacular end to my birthday today. :lol:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
1. religious gatherings and all that crap, I go only for the delicious food and meeting people :p

2. flame wars with [MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION] on TDF.
take it lightly dude

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Vyom said:
The suggestions you gave could be applicable to many self proclaimed geeks here on this forum. And from your perspective there is a problem with all those members too?

I never said it was a "problem". :|

Anyway, going by your quote, I won't drag this further.

PS: Sorry, I shouldn't have said it to you, never knew you had this low patience.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I never said it was a "problem". :|

Anyway, going by your quote, I won't drag this further.

PS: Sorry, I shouldn't have said it to you, never knew you had this low patience.

I am sorry too. I was just in a rather bad mood yesterday. So just ranted out.
Making people feel bad and turning online relations sour is the last thing on my mind right now. I hope we don't have any grudges after that argument and we can get over it.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
What Rolex does well is scale. The operations are massive, all other brands of that grade have relatively smaller operations. They have some innovative production line techniques. Also, almost every single part of the watch is made by Rolex itself, including a foundry for melting the metal.
TAG Heuer was a beast when it was only Heuer, these watches are somewhat rare and sought after items, and even now comes out with some award winning watches.

still, there are some expensive watches that charge a premium for just a logo, and fashion brand (and even car brand) watches that people do buy just because of the name, even though these watches don't have a watch making heritage, or buy a cheap + inaccurate mechanical watch, or get a watch just because it's from a particular country. But there is much more to it that you can practically see and discern.

check out this comparison between a Patek Philippe and an A. Lange and Sohne

A Comparison of the Keyless Works in a Patek and a Lange - TimeZone

Making people feel bad and turning online relations sour is the last thing on my mind right now. I hope we don't have any grudges after that argument and we can get over it.
now kiss

I believe purchasing things, whatever they may be, is totally up to the buyer. There are no customs, there is no De facto. Everyone gets to choose their own stuff while buying, hence it would be pointless for us to debate on how people should spend their money as it is solely the responsibility of the buyer. Rolex and Tag Heuer are expensive pieces of machinery and it is serving a purpose your average 3k watch isn't providing: durability and quality. Indians have a terrible utter disrespect for design, brand value and an artist's skill. "get me the cheapest version" Why buy the goddamned Chinese phone with all the features you aren't going to use, only because it's cheaper and hip?

I despise those mongrels who lineup for days wile blowing their savings on a stupid phone they'll later on use to take pics, browse facebook, populate a quality store with hanuman chalisa apps, all the wile staying away from people and civilization. Yet, I buy a flagship phone with a good camera. Because I absolutely love photography and hate to the core, the people who suck at it.

/end

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
1. religious gatherings and all that crap, I go only for the delicious food and meeting people :p

2. flame wars with [MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION] on TDF.
take it lightly dude

yeah man :p its nice discussing things with you :D

ratul

█████████████████
This stupid thing we call life these days.. :( I just think these days that why just we can't do anything we want, and can still survive happily, without any money, without employment (NAUKARi), without any pressure from anyone, just do whatever you like, everyone is just after making money, spending, eating, marrying, sex(that's good :lol:), having kids, work to feed them and surviving when in the end it all won't matter, we all would just DIE, why money even exist in this world, DAMN you 'Murican Modern day slavery system.. :-x
*fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10649800_10152649196916840_7885245104279153817_n.jpg?oh=fd71ecb2af2081137ea95730458e5970&oe=547A025B&__gda__=1416548878_b189f77a27704a05422452ea8904eef0

rish1

Cyborg Agent
This stupid thing we call life these days.. :( I just think these days that why just we can't do anything we want, and can still survive happily, without any money, without employment (NAUKARi), without any pressure from anyone, just do whatever you like, everyone is just after making money, spending, eating, marrying, sex(that's good :lol:), having kids, work to feed them and surviving when in the end it all won't matter, we all would just DIE, why money even exist in this world, DAMN you 'Murican Modern day slavery system.. :-x

who is stopping you from doing what ? why do you play a mobile/pc game ? just to end it or to enjoy it ? instead of thinking about death and nothing matters in the end why not think about you are alive and are able to experience and enjoy so many things like sex,kids,love,friends etc

most people don't even get to experience those things fully

i would like to add those never ending saas bahu family drama serials to the list as well ..

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

No worries mate. I had, and will maintain the rapport which we had. :)

Top Bottom