They Criticized Vista. And They Should Know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

din

Tribal Boy
@anispace

Consider yourself as very lucky !! I am not against Vista, but I have seen / heard / read a lot of people around the world having issues with Vista and moving back to XP.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
YES, YES, YES, It's Microsoft's fault! What makes you think otherwise?
:lol: just goes to show the desparation that u anti-MS guys will go to show Vista and anything MS in bad light .... intel not releasing drivers for vista is MS's fault :lol:

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Statements of Windows fanboys that we are supposed to make head or tail out of:

1. Microsoft makes the software, others make the hardware. It is not Microsoft's fault if the hardware guys don't have appropriate support for the software.

2. It is, however, Linux OS' fault if it isn't appropriately supported by the hardware.

3. Apple should sell the software without bundling it with the hardware because as you can see in the first point, that model works so very well.

Madness, I say. :lol:

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
:lol: just goes to show the desparation that u anti-MS guys will go to show Vista and anything MS in bad light .... intel not releasing drivers for vista is MS's fault :lol:

Read what I said again Winboy.;) And this time read the whole thing including the justification for the statement, desperation shown not by me, by you by only reading the statement and not the justification for the statement. Get alive :lol:

BTW, the bottom line is, Vista is a failure considering what M$ falsely portrayed it to be, and unfortunately I'm not the only person in the world who has that opinion :lol:

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
YES, YES, YES, It's Microsoft's fault! What makes you think otherwise?

Lolz...desperation at the max.

portraying Vista as something so great and capable of doing everything in the world when M$ very well knew it cannot is MICROSOFT's fault!

What do u do one a computer??? I don't know about you but this is what I do on Windows Vista based new workstation I recently got.

1) Online work such as EMail, browsing etc.

2) My Professional work which includes 3Ds Max, Photoshop CS3, Illustrator CS3, Microsoft Blend & Adobe After effect

3) Games

4) HTPC using Pinnacle PCV Tuner kit for Vista & the supplied PCTV WMC Remote, for TV, Movies, DVDs, VCD, downloaded videos.

5) Music Jukebox. I just connect any friend's Mobile Phone or PMP & WMC plays songs from it automatically either over USB or Bluetooth

6) What else can I do on my PC...hmm, let me know something I can do...:D

So yeah, we can do whatever we want using Windows Vista.

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
Lolz...desperation at the max.

Already answered, read post#24, why do you winboys make me keep repeating this?

So yeah, we can do whatever we want using Windows Vista.

:lol: where's the hardware which this conversation is all about? :lol:
Once again, @gx's unsuccessful attempt of trying to divert the topic :lol:

BTW, if there was something Vista couldn't do for what it portrayed to being able to do, there wouldn't be lawsuits against them about things like Vista capable when it was incapable! :lol:

I'm repeating myself once again:
The bottom line is, Vista is a failure considering what M$ falsely portrayed it to be, and unfortunately I'm not the only person in the world who has that opinion :lol:

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
All done guys? If there is more to say just put a note in the post, I got a better section for this supposedly news topic.

intresting article.

@grudge: fully agree there. Vista still looks unpolished, but even SP1 is taking its own time.

@raven(regarding first post of yours): talking about paying for changing wallpaper, do you remember that Macintosh was notorious for asking its users to "Pay" to watch videos in Full Screen ? Only quick time pro could view videos in fullscreen, and you had to buy it seperately. But I don't know about the current situation.

All done guys? If there is more to say just put a note in the post, I got a better section for this supposedly news topic.

lets put this in the News Club:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Vista Runs fine on my machine,looks good coz GUI is very cool but a bit user-unfriendly with many yes or no dialog boxes.I find Vista to be Gr8 if it stops giving BSOD's due to 4 gig RAM.I have to remove a 2GB stick b4 installing vista which causes me to tear my hair off!!

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
i'm running Vista since it has RTM'ed.and since then i've had only 2 BSOD.and with XP i had lots.i've never looked back to XP for all my computer needs.never had any driver issue,watever was needed was downloaded from Windows Update.
now if some1 installs vista on incompatible hardware and cries foul then is it MS' fault??

Vista Runs fine on my machine,looks good coz GUI is very cool but a bit user-unfriendly with many yes or no dialog boxes.I find Vista to be Gr8 if it stops giving BSOD's due to 4 gig RAM.I have to remove a 2GB stick b4 installing vista which causes me to tear my hair off!!

why dont u use Vsiat x64 if u use 4GB ram.even i use Vista 64-bit on my pc and 32bit on my lappy.

Last edited:
i'm running Vista since it has RTM'ed.and since then i've had only 2 BSOD.and with XP i had lots.i've never looked back to XP for all my computer needs.never had any driver issue,watever was needed was downloaded from Windows Update.
now if some1 installs vista on incompatible hardware and cries foul then is it MS' fault??

why dont u use Vsiat x64 if u use 4GB ram.even i use Vista 64-bit on my pc and 32bit on my lappy.
i also causes crashes at installation:(
2GB is enuf. for running vista IMO

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
i also causes crashes at installation:(
2GB is enuf. for running vista IMO

but for me it hs never crashed when installing with 4GB of system ram.ran it with Q6600 on XFX 680i and P5B Dlx.no prb at all.
ahv u enabled the Memory Remap Feature with all the 4 dimms populated?

and yes 2GB in Dual Channel mode is ok for Vista.

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
IMHO, the method of campaigning about Vista Capable and Vista Premium PC itself was bad. Also just like XP, Microsoft could have released 3 versions of Windows Vista rather than launching 5. IMHO Home Premium, Business and Enterprise would have been much more simple than complicating the versions.The Hardware and Software markets are both inter dependent on each other.M$ blaming Intel for incompatible drivers and nVIDIA blaming M$ for software incompatibility offers no help to end users who are the worst affected.And saying Linux is bad as it supports no drivers literally $ucks. Every OS has its share of $hits and g00ds.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
1. Microsoft makes the software, others make the hardware. It is not Microsoft's fault if the hardware guys don't have appropriate support for the software.
despite of betas if people cant release appropriate drivers then its not MS to be blamed MS
2. It is, however, Linux OS' fault if it isn't appropriately supported by the hardware.
free advise that can be ignored: stick to ur mac world :)

no 1 has blamed linux for, the reason why linux doesnt have drivers is because its just not considered worth wasting time upon :)
3. Apple should sell the software without bundling it with the hardware because as you can see in the first point, that model works so very well.
i find no reason why apple cannot come up with a legal version of os x that would work on pc :) the reason why it does not is because it knows the hardware vendors do not have the capability to keep in sync with software development

@cyrus: sir nothing but just :lol: thank u the forums were becoming boring

despite of betas if people cant release appropriate drivers then its not MS to be blamed MS
free advise that can be ignored: stick to ur mac world :)

no 1 has blamed linux for, the reason why linux doesnt have drivers is because its just not considered worth wasting time upon :)
i find no reason why apple cannot come up with a legal version of os x that would work on pc :) the reason why it does not is because it knows the hardware vendors do not have the capability to keep in sync with software development

@cyrus: sir nothing but just :lol: thank u the forums were becoming boring
1. Only reason there are no drivers for Vi$ta is that its just rushed. They brought it too quickly into the market.

2. keep your Pi$$ta to yourself but leave linux alone. Its far too superior, and thanks to the potential it has, there are tonnes and tonnes of developers working on making it compatible with every hardware. Infact, companies like AMD are being forced to concider linux, as its the only way they can remain alive in the market.

3. If mac is released for PC, the sales of Macintosh PCs will drop by over 80%, as nobody will need to buy expensive computers anymore to run a few apps. So its not a logical move for apple to release a version of Macintosh OS for the PC. Doing so will be like suicide.

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
:lol: where's the hardware which this conversation is all about? :lol:

I was doing the same thing on my old 4.5 years old PC & now doing the same thing on my New Workstation....I upgraded the workstation just cos of Job.

+1

1. Only reason there are no drivers for Vi$ta is that its just rushed. They brought it too quickly into the market.

Longhorn beta was given to developers in year 2003, they had lots of time to make drivers.

keep your a$$holePi$$ta to yourself but leave linux alone

Post reported, why do u get irked if someone blames Linux? Is Linux your GF or Wife??? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom