ThermalRight Ultra 120 eXtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
What about the noise?

My home is Situated right on the main road, also I already have one 120mm 240v External Noisy Cabii fau running so i dont feel any thing at day time, but at Middle of the night, turning the room Ceiling FAN and the CAbi Ext 120mm 240v fan off, then only i can hear its sound !!!

Tell u what , in our cafe we have couple of Celeron D 2.4 GHz Procy (LGA 775), I feel their Stock coolers are loader than my ThermalRight Ultra 120 eXtreme

:lol:

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Yes those panaflo fans are really silent. BTW, what's the rpm? And don't worry about space the coolermaster will fit fine. Only concern seem that the fans would touch the memory modules.

sabret00the

Youngling
Holy cosmos so finally u got the cooler...Bengali Lingo:Ekhon Saurav thanda...haha

Ok I had a query...the fan mounted on the side of the chassis (wall) facing the cpu cooler does that pull in air or does it pull out air of the chassis...seems like I'm confused

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Its pushing the Air in to the heat sink, but as per suggestion next time when I open the cabi for SMPS change I would put it in other side of the heat sink :lol:

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Congrats on the TR120E. Mount the fan on the other side. NV 650i SLI allows Unlinked mode, make full use of it :)

Not sure but i heard that boards Vdroops like anything so bump Vcore to get stability. Also 3.2 is peanuts for that cooler and the CPU too.

I am just praying you dont have one of those doomed E6600 :(

Best Of luck man !

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
darklord said:
I am just praying you dont have one of those doomed E6600

Well me to thing that is one possiblity, how ever, untill i get the 600 watts SMPS its hard to say !!!

as over 3.2 GHz with that unstable OC, system boots, but fails the load test, what does that symtom suggest ??

@darklord,

Need some advice,...

As I was going through Johns OC settings, one thing I noticed that at higher value to E4300 he needed to bump up the RAM Voltage !!!

So, this is what I did, I riped up 2 GB RAM, and 80 and 250 HDD, (SMPS Cant take the load)

FSB @ 1500 , vcore to 1.34 , RAM Voltage 2.083 (from default auto and one stepup from 2.013) RAM FSB @ 667 (Default)....

now run the Pi Test, yet to do the extensive ripping and Multi Tasking tests !!!

*img526.imageshack.us/img526/1223/untitledvx0.jpg

But before that, Tell me guys, with Transcend Jet RAM 667 MHz, what could be my safe voltage limit ??

Last edited:

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Sorry but what exactly is your question for me ? :confused:

If you are asking about default VDIMM then its 1.8V as per JEDEC standards, For value RAM, its ok to bump upto 2.1V not more than that.What chips are there on the RAM module also matters in determining VDIMM and so does what PCB is used. normally RAM makers use 6 layer PCB but some High Performance RAM makers use 8 layer PCB in their Premium Kits which can handle High voltage much better :)

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
For 3.4 GHz or above what should I set the vCore ?? more 1.36 seems OK ?? or Should I push it up to 1.4v ??

???

As at 1.34 vCore passed the pi test but good restarted on multi tasking test with Blue Screen Hardware failor error :(

*img187.imageshack.us/img187/8004/untitlednz7.jpg

And Boy the Cooler is certainly doing its job, as at 3.4 GHz on load at Pi Test 47c max on both core !!!

Last edited:

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Choto Cheeta said:
For 3.4 GHz or above what should I set the vCore ?? more 1.36 seems OK ?? or Should I push it up to 1.4v ??

???

As at 1.34 vCore passed the pi test but good restarted on multi tasking test with Blue Screen Hardware failor error :(

*img187.imageshack.us/img187/8004/untitlednz7.jpg

And Boy the Cooler is certainly doing its job, as at 3.4 GHz on load at Pi Test 47c max on both core !!!

Push some more volts man. You dont have a X6800 for sure which is a cherry picked core which will do insane clocks at low voltage :D
dont worry, push some juice into it :D

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
dont worry, push some juice into it

Thanks for the input, but please talk some numbers :D what vcore u would suggest ?? 1.42 ?? 1.45 ??

as u see Temp reading are under or on 50c on load :D !!

Ok.. I pressed vcore up to 1.45... Pi Test Passed at 3.54 GHz FSB at 1575, RAM voltage at 2.18 FSB at 700 MHz

*img264.imageshack.us/img264/417/untitledyd1.jpg

*img143.imageshack.us/img143/5091/untitled1eg1.jpg

How ever yet to check the stability, now i will start the Ripping and play some NFS :lol: due to OC testing I am playing a lot of NFS. now days those cop cars are having hard time to catch me :lol:

Last edited:

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Choto Cheeta said:
Thanks for the input, but please talk some numbers :D what vcore u would suggest ?? 1.42 ?? 1.45 ??

as u see Temp reading are under or on 50c on load :D !!

Ok.. I pressed vcore up to 1.45... Pi Test Passed at 3.54 GHz FSB at 1575, RAM voltage at 2.18 FSB at 700 MHz

*img264.imageshack.us/img264/417/untitledyd1.jpg

*img143.imageshack.us/img143/5091/untitled1eg1.jpg

How ever yet to check the stability, now i will start the Ripping and play some NFS :lol: due to OC testing I am playing a lot of NFS. now days those cop cars are having hard time to catch me :lol:

You have to keep trying re.There is no specific value for Vcore, each chip behaves differently.Bump a bit, stress test it and so on :)
Cops having hard time to catch you just cos you OC'ed the chip ?? :ROFL:

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Saurav bhai as you overclock your car, the cops cars will also get overclocked

yeah, Latelly, but figure that out too, Now those Damn SUVs and coming hiting from the front :( and those smaller Cop cars are raming from the bac end all at once :( :(

Anyway, on topic,

At 3.5 GHz stable vCore Seems to be 1.5000 v, now with orthos 10min test, Temp is stady 60 to 62c !!!

So I guess, that 3.5 GHz is the limit for me (FSB 1575 vcore 1.500, RAM 700 MHz with 2.018 volt)...

:(

I guess you were right,

darklord said:
I am just praying you dont have one of those doomed E6600

I guess, I may have one of those doomed E6600 :( .... but is a 50% OC can be called Bad ??

Last edited:

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Chip is good,not great but good. 1.5V in BIOS or after Vdroop ?
Anyways i am sure your chip will hit 3.8 with the right voltage but then Air Cooling wont cut it. :(

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
What's the actual Vcore? And 50% is good, have seen people hit this spot with lower voltage but as said every chip is not same.
Temps also depend on ambient temps, so maybe in winter you can go higher :)
Also run orthos for a longer period.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
This should give a good idea about things :D

Tell, Should I take bit farther :p as I am afraid to cross that 62c range :lol:

*img502.imageshack.us/img502/4076/untitledfv7.jpg

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Choto Cheeta said:
This should give a good idea about things :D

Tell, Should I take bit farther :p as I am afraid to cross that 62c range :lol:

*img502.imageshack.us/img502/4076/untitledfv7.jpg

Ouch ! the temps look a bit High !
I guess you shud go easy on the chip. No point clocking higher,cos it will but temps are really high and can prove disastrous.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
So ??

Are you suggeesting that I should Go down a bit ?? as Idle temps are just 40c !!! even While AutoGK + Nero Recode + NFS MW its around 55c, only this strees testing apps push it up to that limit !!!

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Choto Cheeta said:
So ??

Are you suggeesting that I should Go down a bit ?? as Idle temps are just 40c !!! even While AutoGK + Nero Recode + NFS MW its around 55c, only this strees testing apps push it up to that limit !!!

Load temps shud not exceed 60C.Anything under that is fine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom