Thermal Paste Applied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

navisangha

Journeyman
hi

i reacently bought a 915 based PC with 3.0 Ghz , 800 Mhz FSB , It gets heated upto 72 degrees , i asked my vedor if he had applied thermal paste on the processor and heat sink , he said that these processors come with paste pre applied.

Is he correct ?

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Pradeep is right. All the vendor has to do is to peel off the protective label and then mount the processor and the heatsink. It comes with pre-applied thermal paste. However, if you are planning to seriously overclock your processor, it would make sense to remove the heatsink and apply a higher grade thermal paste over it. But for most purposes and casual gaming, the thermal paste that comes along with the processor/heatsink is more than enough. You use thermal paste to uniformly absorb and distribute the heat and provide a better heat-transfer contact between the processor and the heatsink, for more effective cooling.

D

dinesh_singh

but the point is this processor wont go beyond 56 degree at highest load even the temp outside is around 40 degree...coz a friend of mine owns.
this can only happens if u are in rajasthan and using ur pc in the desert putting ur heatsink to hot sun waves dircetion.
also are u using a original intel mobo ar a gigabyte one.please provide info.
also check the heat sink by touching to confirm that the temp is really 72 degree or the mobo bios is showing it wrong.
if possible check it with a temp monitoring device.
u can also check if the paste is applied properly or not....also check ur cabinet for ventilation also and also provide info about the room temp coz this can happen when ambiant temp is around 45 and u have very bad ventilation inside cabinet...

expertno.1

Technomancer
72 degreee???
touch the cabinet in the pat of the procesor and feel it ..if its 72 degree then your hand wont be there !!!

also ur mobo might be showing wrong temperature..the best woul be to touch and feel the differece

Ventilation and poor fan is the cause of overheating
place the wires correctly to give space for proper ventilation and aslo check ur fan speed and if possible apply or get more fans....if u r rich enough then go for water coolent systems as they are the ebst to cool the sytem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom