Their is no local area connection after i format my computer, help

Status
Not open for further replies.

zycon

Right off the assembly line
i formatted my computer today because of viruses, i did all the steps of the setup and i try to access the internet but to no avail. I noticed the little computer icon in the tool bar (local area connection) wasnt there. So i went to the network connections in control pannel and unlike my other computers, the local area connection icon wasnt there. Anyone know how to obtain one like my other computers?

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
What connection do you use? Dial up or Broadband? Who's the ISP? These might help you get a complete answer.

OP
Z

zycon

Right off the assembly line
i use a router to connect to the internet, and a modem... so i guess broadband

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi Zycon,

you did not answer alll the questions raised by QwertyManiac & Anand F...if you can clarify what they are asking you it will help you get a clear cut solution. I personally got very clear cut answers from QwertyManiac by providing details for a question I had in this forum.

I also had a problem similar to that a month ago when I formatted my PC but the problem was solved when I loaded my LAN card dirver & got the IP address no. etc

But to get help you must provide more details...otherwise it'll become too cumbersome & time consuming to provide mutiple "possibilits" to fix the problem you are facing.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
yaa...u must nt have installed ur lan properly.......install it properly.
This step may help u......
start-mycomputer-rightclick my computer-properties-hardware-device maneger-
search here for ? icon
right click on this icon-and select update driver...........

If u have driver for the lan..insert the CD or floopy containing the driver......and if u dont have let the window find the proper driver for ur device online.

This will solve ur problem.Must restart ur system before trying ur lan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom