The Witcher 3

Piyush

Lanaya
I know man. I got at least $15 from csgo drops which i used to buy games

Hmm..., I'd have got 40-41$ from those items if sold. So had to take a chance via trading. Its not much of a problem except the fact that scammer got profit and I cant patch the game (even though i can play it).

Games like GTA 5 I bought on my own by selling items coz i know its an online game, couldnt take the risk.

Anyways, more than 80% of my games in my library are bought/traded via selling dota 2 items. Around 450$ iirc. So a scam like this doesnt hurt much either, just left a bad taste ;)

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
The Witcher 3's massive 1.07 patch rolls out today

You can check out the full list of 1.07 patch notes below.

• Introduces an alternative movement style for Geralt. To enable, go to the Gameplay\Movement Response submenu.
  • Fixes a rare issue where the player's horse would not fall to the ground properly.
  • Fixes a rare issue where the player could be locked into the aiming animation if hit while throwing a bomb on horseback.
  • Fixes a rare issue with an infinite loading screen in the Ladies of the Wood quest.
  • Includes a variety of collision fixes.
  • Fixes an issue where Wild Hunt warriors would remain present even after the player completed the main storyline.
  • Fixes an issue where players could repeatedly buy foreign currency from a loan shark and sell it at the Vivaldi Bank.
  • Fixes an exploit whereby players could loot gold from a single chest more than once.
  • Fixes an issue whereby some skills were not properly removed after the player used the Potion of Clearance.
  • Fixes an issue with target locking, which should now be more responsive.
  • Introduces a number of changes in selected game-world areas to prevent players from unexpectedly progressing quests or leaving the playable area by climbing certain elements of the landscape.
  • Fixes an issue where sometimes players could not use Signs after reaching Skellige for the first time.
  • Fixes an issue where damage from certain sources was incorrectly calculated.
  • Fixes an issue where the durability of alternative weapons did not drop as intended.
  • Fixes an issue where the game would remain in slow motion if the player had used manual targeting.
  • Fixes an issue whereby meditation could be blocked by certain quests.
  • Fixes an issue where Stamina did not always regenerate properly.
  • Fixes an issue where Geralt's statistics could be multiplied if the player stood in a Dimeritium bomb cloud while the Cluster skill was activated.
  • Introduces a number of fixes, improvements and clarifications in the map-pins and objectives for multiple quests.
  • Fixes an issue where in certain circumstances gravity ceased to apply to the player's horse.
  • Adds a stash for player convenience. Players can now store loot in their stash, access to which is available in different parts of the world. Stash locations are marked on the map.
  • Fixes an issue whereby the player's horse would often stop abruptly before bridges or other narrow passages.
  • Fixes an issue whereby encumbrance was not updating correctly, resulting in players being overburdened where in fact they were not.
  • Fixes a rare issue where players were unable to choose different Signs.
  • Fixes an issue where the player was sometimes unable to craft glyphs.
  • Fixes an issue where not all merchants would accept junk loot.
  • All crafting components and alchemy ingredients now weigh nothing.
  • Fixes an issue where certain armor/hairstyle combinations interacted incorrectly.
  • Fixes an issue where instances of the Quen Sign would occasionally burst during dialogue scenes.
  • Fixes a rare issue where the player could not play gwent with Madame Serenity at the Passiflora.
  • The Zoltan gwent card should now always be present beneath the Hanged Man's Tree if the player does not win it earlier in White Orchard.
  • Fixes a rare issue where players could not talk to, or play gwent with, the innkeeper at the Inn at the Crossroads.
  • Includes a number of wording and spelling fixes in multiple localized versions.
  • Introduces a number of improvements in the game streaming system. Players should experience fewer blurred textures, NPC spawn times should be markedly reduced, and there should be an overall improvement in the speed with which game assets are loaded. Streaming system improvements should be most noticeable on consoles and systems with non-SSD drives.
  • Improves performance in the swamps of the No Man's Land region.
  • Fixes an issue whereby the presence of fog could adversely affect game performance.
  • Optimizes various FX which should result in improved performance during the Battle of Kaer Morhen quest.
  • Introduces a number of optimizations that improve overall performance throughout the game.
  • Improves overall game performance.
  • Fixes an issue where Keira's magic bubble could adversely affect performance.
  • Fixes an issue whereby the mouse cursor would remain visible during in-game video playback.
  • Adds a warning if the user runs out of disk space and wants to crate a new game save.
  • Fixes an issue whereby Colorblind mode was not properly saved.
  • Fixes an issue whereby Zoltan would sometimes appear in the incorrect location after the Novigrad, Closed City quest.
  • Fixes an issue during the Last Wish quest whereby Geralt would continue his conversation with Yennefer after they parted.
  • Fixes an issue where two simultaneous instances of some characters would appear in a scene in the Broken Flowers quest.
  • Fixes an issue whereby some objectives were not available to the player and would be automatically failed during the Battle of Kaer Morhen quest..
  • Fixes an issue where in certain circumstances Lambert did not board the boat during the Final Trial quest.
  • Fixes an issue where in certain circumstances Madame Serenity was improperly placed during the Deadly Plot quest.
  • Fixes an issue where the Fake Papers quest would be failed if the player did not mention that one of the brothers was dead.
  • Fixes an issue whereby players would sometimes be unable to start the final horse race, The Heroes' Pursuits: For the Goddess' Glory! in Skellige.
  • Fixes an issue where unintended objects were present in Novigrad after the Battle of Kaer Morhen quest.
  • Fixes an issue where a progression break could occur if Geralt was knocked out by guards while following the Bloody Baron during the Family Matters quest.
  • Fixes an issue where players were sometimes unable to interact with a torch in the Get Junior quest.
  • Fixes an issue where players could sometimes experience an infinite loading screen during the Iron Maiden quest.
  • Fixes an issue where in certain circumstances players could encounter a blocker during the Contract: The Apiarian Phantom quest. Players who have encountered this bug need to backtrack to the frozen hive and examine the footprints around it again.
  • Fixes an issue whereby the player could get locked inside a room during the Through Time and Space quest.
  • Fixes an issue where on rare occasions players were unable to progress the game after the Get Junior quest, specifically upon reaching Vernon Roche's camp.
  • Fixes an issue whereby purchasing wine during the It Takes Three to Tango quest would not always progress the quest properly.
  • Fixes an issue where the In Wolf's Clothing quest did not progress properly after the player read Morkvarg's journal.
  • Fixes an issue where on some rare occasions players were unable to interact with the Wild Hunt soldier's body during the Echoes of the Past quest.
  • Fixes an issue whereby Keira would not always properly use the portal during the For the Advancement of Learning quest if asked to go to Kaer Morhen.
  • Fixes an issue where the Scoia'tael from Novigrad was not always available to play in the Gwent quest.
  • Fixes an issue where the player could get blocked inside a cellar during the King's Gambit quest.
  • Fixes an issue where in certain situations the player was unable to find Triss during the Final Preparations quest.
  • Fixes an issue where occasionally the Kingfisher tavern was left without an innkeeper after the Now or Never quest.
  • Fixes an issue where Yennefer was not spawned in Oxenfurt during the Great Escape quest.
  • Fixes a rare issue where Captain Wolverstone was not at the Golden Sturgeon when intended.
  • Fixes a rare issue where the bodyguards in the Reason of State quest were not hostile.
  • Fixes a rare issue where the griffin would not always appear in the Contract: The Creature from the Oxenfurt Forest quest.
  • Fixes an issue where the wyvern would not appear in the Contract: Phantom of the Trade Route quest.
  • Fixes an issue with enlisting Sukrus from Skellige to be Hattori's bodyguard in the Of Swords and Dumplings quest.
  • Fixes a rare issue whereby the visions in the Echoes of the Past quest were not displayed.
  • The Contract: Devil by the Well quest no longer counts towards the Geralt: The Professional achievement.
  • Fixes a rare issue when the player could not speak with Lambert at Kaer Morhen during the Final Trial quest.
  • Fixes a rare issue where players could not always complete the Hey, You Wanna Look at my Stuff? quest.
  • Fixes an issue where players were sometimes unable to summon a horse after the Fencing Lessons quest.
  • Fixes an issue where in the Scavenger Hunt: Viper School Gear quest the gate to the mausoleum was locked.
  • Fixes an issue where players could not use Signs or swords after the fistfight at the Rosemary and Thyme during the Broken Flowers quest.
  • Fixes a rare issue whereby players could not examine the source of interference during the Disturbance quest.
  • Fixes an issue with the Dirty Funds quest.
  • Fixes a rare issue with a loading screen in the Contract: The Phantom of Eldberg quest.
  • Fixes a issue with a loading screen at Aeramas' residence during the Of Dairy and Darkness quest.
  • Fixes an issue where quest givers for the Deadly Delights and Jenny o' the Woods contracts would disappear.
  • Introduces a number of improvements to overall game stability.
  • Fixes an issue where the Potion of Clearance would pop into the quick slot if the player ran out of food.
  • Adds a Books tab to the Inventory panel.
  • Introduces a number of additional loading screen hints.
  • Introduces a pinning feature for formulae and diagrams. Ingredients and components for pinned formulae/diagrams are highlighted in the shop view. This should greatly facilitate the purchase of currently needed elements.
  • Introduces a feature whereby currently equipped items are highlighted in the Repair panel, facilitating prioritization of items needing repair.
  • Adds a feature whereby read and unread books are marked differently in the Inventory panel.
  • The list of all available DLC packages is now displayed in the Main Menu/Options/Downloadable Content submenu for better clarity.
  • Enabled additional settings that decreases the hair and fur image quality slightly, without compromising its general appearance, to optimize HairWorks on a wider range of hardware.
The Witcher 3 1.07 Patch Includes Changes To Enhanced Witcher Gear

Last edited:

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Showing 7.9 GB in GOG galaxy
The Witcher 3 patch 1.07 released - PC Gamer

"Of course, a big patch requires a lengthy download—but just how lengthy seems to depend on where you download it from. It's 7.6GB for me, through GOG Galaxy, while Steam users are reporting a 5.1GB download. Stranger still, you can download it from your GOG account page for 2.1GB. That may be the preferred option for those struggling with monthly download limits."

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
The Witcher 3 Just Got Better In A Bunch Of Little Ways

*i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/1349463490272372516.png

Over the weekend, The Witcher 3 got a new patch that brought with it a bunch of changes. None of the tweaks are earth-shaking on their own, but taken together, they make the game feel noticeably more polished, user-friendly, and complete.

Since The Witcher 3 came out back in May, developer CD Projekt Red has been releasing regular free updates and downloadable content, from performance tweaks to outfits and weapons to full-blown story missions. I’ve been following along with interest, and have been impressed with what I’ve played so far.
Last weekend we didn’t get any new missions or gear, but we got something just as good—the substantial new 1.07 patch. It was about 5GB for me on PC, and brought with it a ton of small improvements, some more noticeable than others. I got home from vacation on Sunday and fired the game up to see what was different.
I’ve played more than 90 hours of The Witcher 3 on PC, in addition to the 60-ish that I played on PS4 back when I reviewed it. I’ve gotten pretty used to the game’s many little quirks, so some of the little changes feel more noticeable to me than they may to another player. I haven’t tried the patched game out on either PS4 and Xbox One—Digital Foundry reports that it actually lowers the game’s average frame-rate in some places on consoles, which is a bummer, but one to which I can’t directly attest.
First, the biggest change, which is a real megaton. Per the patch notes:
Fixes an issue where in certain circumstances gravity ceased to apply to the player’s horse.
No more flying horses! We live in an age of wonders. The other major change is that you can now turn on an alternate control setting in the game options:
*i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/1349463490391494436.png
The result is that Geralt turns on a tighter radius and as a result is a lot easier to handle. For a not-very-scientific look at the differences, here’s what happens when I try to turn in a tight circle with the original control scheme while using a controller:
*i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/1349463490487382052.gif
And here’s me turning with the new alternate control scheme:
*i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/1349463490549430820.gif
It may not seem like a huge difference, but it’ll be immediately noticeable to anyone who’s spent a lot of time playing the game. To test it out, I spent a few hours hunting down the new Wolf School armor (Side note: Worth doing! You’ll explore some places you may have missed back at Kaer Morhen, and the armor itself is cool.) As I explored, I found myself much more able to climb twisting staircases and navigate cliffs and walkways without Geralt stumbling off edges. Combat also feels tighter, particularly if you decide to flee mid-fight or relocate to a better vantage.
As much as I may love Geralt’s horse Roach, there’s no denying that steering her can be a pain in the ass. Roach’s controls have also been improved with the new patch. It’s still not entirely smooth sailing—it’s easier to get Roach through a tightly packed corridor or across a bridge or other choke point, but still not quite easy, and the auto-navigation on trails still doesn’t work entirely correctly. I still found Roach taking forks in the direction leading away from the path on my minimap.
The inventory menu has also gotten a new Books tab, which will allow you to hoover up all the books and documents you can find without worrying about your Usable Items tab filling up with copies of My Evening With A Vampire and Witchers: Not Quite The Devils You Thought.
*i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/1349463490721697572.png
It’s a big improvement, and while it doesn’t undo the general awkwardness of the game’s menus, it goes a long way toward making the most important tab (Usable Items) less crowded.
Geralt also has access to a storage Stash, which is great news for armor-hoarders like me who craft every possible set of custom Witcher gear and can’t bear to part with any of it. There aren’t that many stash locations—one for each of the game’s major locations—and they’re marked by a green chest icon on the map.
*i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/1349463490772507940.png
Once you’re at your stash, you can store whatever you’d like:
*i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/1349463490841569572.png
I stored all of the Witcher gear I don’t use, along with my precious purloined portrait of Hierarch Hemmelfart, which I’m sure you will agree deserves to be kept safe.
In another nice interface improvement, you can now “pin” crafting and alchemy formulas. The ingredients you need for pinned recipes will be highlighted in the shopkeeper menu, which makes it a lot easier to figure out what you need for the stuff you want to make.
*i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/1349463491154427172.png
Those are the most noticeable changes, but there are a lot of little ones, too. (Apparently, the patch changes the level requirements for some armor? Which is a head-scratcher.) As I mentioned earlier, you can see the full changelog here, but among the things I noticed: When Geralt goes into a conversation with a Quen shield active, it no longer loudly explodes off of him at the start of the conversation. (Hooray!) The mini-map seems much easier to read when you’re in small caves and dungeons, which makes it easier to tell where you are and how to leave. Your equipped armor and weapons are now highlighted in the repair menu, so you don’t wind up accidentally repairing the sword you were just going to sell anyway.
There are some new graphics options, including a bunch of new settings for the game’s notoriously performance-killing Nvidia HairWorks tech. (I still leave it off.) The patch also promises more general performance increases. As I already mentioned, I can’t directly speak to the lower performance that Digital Foundry discovered on consoles, but the game has always run very well for me on PC—I’m using a GTX 970 and have gotten solid 60fps 1080p performance at high/ultra settings with HairWorks off. After the patch, I’m still in the same high/ultra ballpark and am still getting a solid 60fps.
The 1.07 patch contains many more small tweaks, and more than a few that I’m sure I’ve missed. Overall, though: It’s yet another welcome bit of post-release support from a developer that was already doing a great job of it.

Source:Kotaku.com

Last edited:

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
This game, guys, is the reason I'm not frequenting this forum. IDK how many hours I've put into this game. Main quests be darned. The side quests are so darn intriguing, I sometimes feel like this isn't even a game. I'm in love with this game, true love. Can't stop thinking about this. This game might spoil every other open world RPGs to me.

And if, Cyberpunk 2077's closer to this game in any way, I'm gonna go crazy, might never see the real world (not like I'm seeing much now).

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
This game, guys, is the reason I'm not frequenting this forum. IDK how many hours I've put into this game. Main quests be darned. The side quests are so darn intriguing, I sometimes feel like this isn't even a game. I'm in love with this game, true love. Can't stop thinking about this. This game might spoil every other open world RPGs to me.

And if, Cyberpunk 2077's closer to this game in any way, I'm gonna go crazy, might never see the real world (not like I'm seeing much now).

I already played it 2 times on GTX750Ti and about to start it 3rd time when I get my new GTX960...

Both the times I wantedly did not play till the end so that I want to play it 3rd time to the end on GTX960... without any stuttering.

PS: I completed 98% of all quests till the end but left the 2% twice...

I am so much in love with this game that I dont want to end it and want to start it and keep on playing & playing like NVIDIAGeek says...

“The Witcher 3” 1.07 patch also has added some very handy stash locations for players who may have too many items in their inventories. This move will allow them to store items they don’t want to destroy or sell, but have

to get rid of because of the lack of space. These stash locations will be marked on Geralt’s map, so players won’t have to spend hours searching for these items. To enable the alternative style, players must go first to the

gameplay menu and then to the movement response submenu.Adding these enhancements to the fact that all of “The Witcher 3” DLC will now be displayed on the game’s main menu makes it appear as if this huge patch will

be well worth the 7 GB of space and the long download time. The patch can be downloaded immediately on the systems with the game.

What You Should Know About Patch 1.07 - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Last edited:

DDIF

Custom User Title
Just got a new Asus G751JY with GTX 980M, downloading the game and will try. Till now was playing on desktop 780. And guys how to add friends on Galaxy, do they even have this option?
Have the button lag been fixed in 1.07, Geralt acting late when pressing a button in combat?

Top Bottom