The Ultimate 50K Entertainment PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
right said godzi. dont go for the 256 mb version of 6600gt as it is not worth it and also many 256 mb versions perform worser than their 128 mb counterparts.

agrawal.vini

Right off the assembly line
Hi Guys

Thanks for your reply & suggestions regarding the configuration.

However, the config given is way beyond my budget. Its not that I have a fixed budget in my mind, but the config mentioned is above my head.

Please, Can you fine tune it a little bit. Also I am a complete novice at this. I would really appreciate if proper tech specification can be mentioned.

agrawal.vini

hi rajeev,

why should i stick with a crt monitor & not go for a lcd monitor.

will it create some problem with the games??

vineet

premrajeev

Journeyman
HEY vineet.

if u r a serious gamer, u should stick with a crt. There are still developments which needs to be made on an LCD when it comes to moving pictures/scrolling text/gaming/moovies etc. LCD's are having lower response times when compared to crt's, and they normally perform better only in their native resolution.if the resolution is higher or lower, u may notice visual artifacts or windows. So if u r an avid gamer, movie fan, then stick with a CRT. Picture clarity of a CRT is also much more superior to an LCD. I myself have a laptop & desktop with Hitachi 19"CRT, so i can definitely feel the differences when playing games or movies in LCD's.

Ofcourse, SIZE,Power consumption, Heat, Radiation (though minimal) are the negative sides of a CRT..but as the visuals matters, i'm sticking to a crt for now.

agrawal.vini

hey mohit

I tried to check out the config mentioned by you.

I have a lot of trouble in finding the specifications of the motherboard, Processer, RAM & Graphics Card.

there seems to be a lot of specifications required as the features bundled are different with different models with same broad specification.

Could you suggest specific models for the them to help me find the best one?

thanks

agrawal.vini

Hi Rajeev

Thanks for the Tip. I will definately keep that in Mind when purchase the monitor.

I plan to check the performance of both the CRT & LCD monitor together before deciding which one to buy.

The major problem is that the bigger monitor you take, the bulky it becomes. That makes it difficult to move around.

premrajeev

Journeyman
if u r damn sure that u need an LCD, then try Viewsonic. Compare it with some other major brands urself, b4 making a purchase decison. I have seen them , and i definitely felt them better than the rest. I never had a chance to compare it with a sony, though. By nature, sony would be expensive too far for most people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom