The truth behind the cost of text messaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNFiNiTE

The cake is a lie!!!
Ye bahut tension rehti hogi ki kahi message na aa jaye... :D Hey Bhagwaan please message mat bhijwana... :D Give me your Cell Number I will sms you via jaxtr for free :D Please Give ;) :D
:D

Compare this to those vodafone ads which advertise numbers as 'Call me' for 10p for each incoming call.

Not true. Most teens n college students are text addicts like in India. And most of them get unlimited txt package for as low as $10. Definitely you pay more probably you are using some prepaid connection. I pay $25 for unlimited 3G and 400 text. Definitely cheaper than India in terms of PPP (as well as direct conversion too).
Kahani mein Twist ? :p

@Amitava: here, you get 3000 text for Rs. 30/-, roughly 60cents.
But yeah, 3G is different.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
i am paying daily rental of 1 ruppe to get sms for 5 paise... how ridiculous...

this wht people call as DAY ROBBERY....

and how u beat or get back the money ??

use free gprs through some trick.. and let them eat S###T :))

I think best thing is to get a Symbian S60 phone, install SymTorrent, get one of those mobile internet browsing CDMA 144kbps internet plans for 120 rupees per month and download the sh!t out of your service provider. Low power consuption by phone helps ;-)

mrintech

Technomancer
i am paying daily rental of 1 ruppe to get sms for 5 paise... how ridiculous...

this wht people call as DAY ROBBERY....

and how u beat or get back the money ??

use free gprs through some trick.. and let them eat S###T :))
You are from India na? So what sort of plan you are using? Post Paid :confused:

I think best thing is to get a Symbian S60 phone, install SymTorrent, get one of those mobile internet browsing CDMA 144kbps internet plans for 120 rupees per month and download the sh!t out of your service provider. Low power consuption by phone helps ;-)
Nice Idea! :p But sab log to nai khareed sakte hai na dost? ;)

Last edited:
It's unfair to compare our rates to the US.
My cousin there mentions the same as infra_red_dude and amitava82 that call and text rates are really cheap in India as compared to the US (then again, cell phones are cheaper there than in India, so maybe that balances everything to some extent)

Pat

Beyond Smart
what do you think..these TRAI people Don't know this ha..They All know this and they are kinda cheating us..

TRAI is probably one of the best Telecom-governing bodies in the world. Infact I recently also read somewhere that TRAI has directed the operators to reduce the cost of sms even though smses are already pretty cheap (50 ps. per sms is standard unless you are on a special plan)

Vishal Patil

Linux all the way
thats the reason i see, why few months bak A.Raja said, i wish call rates drop to 25-30ps/min.
the reason why they bid so high for spectrum (Rs 1651 crore) is in fact that they earn so high for nothing.
should tria reduce this amount i hope we cud get more cheaper services.

BSNL has the most expensive SMS charges and its a public sector company :mad:[/quote]

I pay more than you with Reliance, Re.1 for intra-circle and Rs.2 for inter-circle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom