The Truth Behind Apple's iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
I wish, only after some days of launching, somebody should jailbreak it, or figure out some way to install Linux on iPad. :p
How that sounds?

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

I wish, only after some days of launching, somebody should jailbreak it, or figure out some way to install Linux on iPad. :p
How that sounds?

Sarvesh

Journeyman

Why will someone invest 17k ? just to install linux ?? :shock::shock:

goobimama

 Macboy
Like it or not, it's going to change the way people use computers. Mark my words. If it doesn't come true, I'll whizz on my hands.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Disclaimer - No offense meant to anyone :p

Just think of playing games like crysis ?? Will it change the way a avid gamer uses his computer ??

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ I think the launch of iPhone really changed the way I use my computer. :D :p

Pat

Beyond Smart
netbook can do a lot more than iPad, i presume.

Its the same thing again. Do you want features just to add up to the feature "count" that your device provides ? Or it is okay to have little less number of features, but whatever features are provided are out-of-this-world and irreplicable ?

For eg: Try running a HD video on netbook. Try reading books/playing games on it.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
For the amount of money Apple charges for the products as per me they just do not justify the value they offer. Extreme less customization options, locked out hardware, mandate software requirements, difficult to use controllers. Good products --- but placed incorrectly, but still lap it up. Apple should be commended more for great marketing than product design.

This is the iPAD:
*img19.imageshack.us/img19/7936/ipadvsstone.jpg

goobimama

 Macboy
@liverpool_fan: If my prediction does come true, I'm gonna pee on your hands.

Awright. I'm out. See you digit boys in a few.

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
My Take about iPad would be

+ive: Can give a breakthrough to all gaming experience. Dude i was amazed when these EA guys has played NFS in it :) PSP and other portable gaming device gona be dead man.

-ive: Only thing i felt missing is it should have a cam with a ichat. Though we can attach externally but an inbuilt would have been great.

Also want to say to those guys who are saying that this is inferior to tablets, let me ask you guys did apple told this is a tablet PC? Its basically ebook reader with advance functionality which an Amazon Kindlly don't have :)

Buy ya i certainly feel that I am still not sure what are the customer Apple exactly will market this for? Because i feel i wont buy this because i have a iPhone where as my Dad is so impressed that he told he will buy the day it gets launched. He likes reading and told it will be great thing to have as an entertainment; sitting in his car returning from work..

So a bit confused about apples marketing. Let see.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
PSP and other portable gaming device gona be dead man.
Gaming is surely great on the iPod touch/iPhone, but this won't happen actually.
People who buy handheld consoles purely for gaming will continue to buy them as nothing beats 'real buttons' and aren't they smaller? I mean, you can put the PSP in your pocket.

PSP is less than one third of iPad's price and has way better gaming graphics (compareing to iPod touch).

iPad is great for those people, who just want a bigger iPod touch. Nothing else. iPad is a luxury product anyways.

Last edited:

Sarvesh

Journeyman
Only Apple's concept/innovation is appreciable and not the product at present. It may not be success but surely will open a new path for newer products with improvised design - I mean with additional features and much more slim.

I am looking for a slim reader but again not just a reader. It should be a versatile gadget with most features pumped into it.

Everyone goes for "ULTIMATE" edition and not for "STARTER" edition.

You know what I mean. ;););)

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
@ all irrational apple fanboys, 'APPLE IPAD IS AWESOME. EVEN A 8 BILLION SUPER COMPUTER WILL NOT STAND A CHANCE BEFORE THIS'

@all other people,

My opinion about Ipad is...

Apple could have made more powerful proccy and implemented MAC OS along with USB, CAM in this thing.. then it could have been a revolutionary product in the field of Tablet Computing.

Or It could have reduced it's size and cost and could have introduced this mess as..Iphone 2.0 which could have been equally great.

Now what is it?

A tablet PC? -No!

A phone? -Hell no!

A PMP? -God knows!

A ebook reader? -We can think about that.

A gaming Device? - Sure 1GHZ proccy will add to the juice. But what about the multi touch which will suck most of the processor's juice! This is where Implementation of hard buttons will pay off as they will ease the processor's load.

A web browser? -OMG! where is the Adobe Flash support?

And considering that apple will always charge premium amount because of the extra care they are taking in build quality..and looking at the price of the ipad with that perspective, I don't think that there will be a fast GFX processor either. Which will make it a bare bone thing when it comes to eye candy in games.

Sure guys at apple can make everything look great. But I think this is not another trend setting things from apple like Macintosh, Ipod, Iphone.

We will have to wait and see how this thing turns out.

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
^^^ Agree with you but why the hell are you sticking with Flash? I am still not dead without flash in my iPhone and i never missed it EXCEPT FARMVILLE and so i donot really care now because i guess you have heard about HTML 5? If not open youtube in safari and see.. its so lite.

And if you are talking about multitouch going to eat up speed for gaming that my suggestion HOLD ON YOUR HORSE. Did you ever played NFS or Assassin's Creed or any good graphics game in a iPhone 3GS or at least iPhone 3G. Dude they have engineered it to make it comfortable.

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

I'll j0in u t00. we'll b0th pee on him together :-x and b3ware of 0ur lethhal pee sprray :mad:

LOL :D :D:D

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^^^ Agree with you but why the hell are you sticking with Flash? I am still not dead without flash in my iPhone and i never missed it EXCEPT FARMVILLE and so i donot really care now because i guess you have heard about HTML 5? If not open youtube in safari and see.. its so lite.

And if you are talking about multitouch going to eat up speed for gaming that my suggestion HOLD ON YOUR HORSE. Did you ever played NFS or Assassin's Creed or any good graphics game in a iPhone 3GS or at least iPhone 3G. Dude they have engineered it to make it comfortable.

Easy... Easy... I played many of the games on my Friend's Ipod touch they were great. Nooone is complaining about that.

The question Arises.. here 1024*768 resolution to be rendered. And much more touch senseros to be processed.And what have we got? Just a good proccy! And I didn't said that it is going to suck in Ipad. I just said.. We can't expect Eye Candy by keeping 1GHZ processor in mind.

And what was the safari you are referring? In Iphone or PC? If in PC, then Safari Supports Flash. If in Iphone.. sorry, I don't have one. :)

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Ok I couldn't stick to my word :)) and here I am posting in this thread again :chucks:
Easy... Easy... I played many of the games on my Friend's Ipod touch they were great. Nooone is complaining about that.

The question Arises.. here 1024*768 resolution to be rendered. And much more touch senseros to be processed.And what have we got? Just a good proccy! And I didn't said that it is going to suck in Ipad. I just said.. We can't expect Eye Candy by keeping 1GHZ processor in mind.

And what was the safari you are referring? In Iphone or PC? If in PC, then Safari Supports Flash. If in iPhone.. sorry, I don't have one. :)

Vamsi when my 533MHZ 128MB DRAM iPod touch can run the same game at 480x320,that shouldn't be a problem for 1GHz 512MB DRAM iPad @ 1024x768 and I guess no game as of now is using more that three/four inputs simultaneously. Even if you are like extremely ambidextrous and if you can find an app which uses that many inputs,you wouldn't use more than 10 fingers or 10 multi inputs simultaneously right!!!!!
Regarding safari on iPhone,why don't you try it in your friend's iPod touch,Both are one and the same when it comes to browsing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom