T

Tux

HL2 is far better.
DOOM 3 isn't bad 2.

HALO 2!
It don't deserve to be here.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
LOL....enoonmai...go boy go! The thing is these peolpe dont understand what onlien gaming is all about. Most of them are so good that they make bots on nightmare mode look silly. I personally experienced it when I played quake 3 online. I thought I was good cos I played well on the LAN gaming here and did well with bots on nightmare mode. Nothin even comes close to online mode. Those guys are on a entirely different level. The whole thing what he wrote seems to have been picked up somewhere else...lol.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
well said icecoolz....online gaming is a whole new ball game all together....u may rock with the bots, but when u play online, u play against ppl who do nothing other than play games all day :lol:

going up against such ppl is always gonna shatter ur confidence in ur abilites....no matter what game it is....a high ping rate doesnt help either :wink:

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
^^ lol after playing with such HARD CORE gamers
youd surely wish your ping rates go down :p
experience:NFS UG 2 :shock:
Colin Mcrae Rally 2004 :shock:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
lol....now its getting really tough for online gameplay out here....So ppl no messin with prof....unless a god-like player :lol: :lol:

Btw plzzz dun talk about that darn Online play.....i know once when playin UT2K4 Online with some US server which intially started with one Lame dude which i could frag with my eyes closed but then these new dude's turned up and heated things up for my sorry a$$ and then there was no stoppin em.....These online play is tough if the servers hosted are consisting of professional players.....Bots are nothing for these guys i guess....thier tactics are way too advanced....:twisted:

@acao....any answer dude....plzzz dun tell me u bailed outta this one....come on man u have played in the US so u wun have a tough time tackling prof's queries i guess :lol: :lol:

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
hahahaha! Perhaps hes chicked out of the thread ? ;) Hey guys...How about a quake 3 session for digit people ? ;)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
icecoolz said:
hahahaha! Perhaps hes chicked out of the thread ? ;) Hey guys...How about a quake 3 session for digit people ? ;)

Lol....yea right...he oughta make that U.S trip once again to check out on some more facts i guess.....Btw Q3Arena.....hmmm lets see sure man but been a long time since i laid my hands on that game.....damm i miss that BFG And rocket Launchers and oh yea Sarge's Cigar :lol:

Btw how will this take place i mean does someone has to host a server or something....sheezzz man all the fun starts when i have my Exams....:evil: :evil:

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Well am sure we can set up some server. I was only wondering since a lot of us do have broadband connection now. So this is just a thought.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Setup a server eh? Actually we tried that a few months back at SKOAR! Prof, me, Arachnid and a few other SKOAR!ians got together to have a few frag sessions in Quake 3 and RtCW:Enemy Territory. I was the lucky one who got to host the game.

Quake 3 went...well...lets say, it was great for me. All Prof could do was jump up and down, while rest would connect and then get kicked out promptly. RtCW was a bit better because we were able to finish atleast one round, with Prof killing us in an ambush! I got my revenge in the next! Muhahaha!

The best experience till date has been when I hosted UT 2004 demo. Me and two of my SKOARI!ians buddy were able to have many rounds and that too with very little lag!

So if any one wants to volunteer and try to host the server, I am ready for it. Who is the lucky guy?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
alrightyyy....then keep me outta this hosting business as i dun wanna waste the game on a Ridiculous 64K Connection and get Splatted on the same server by u ppl.....so if someone else can do the dirty work consider me in too.....but plzz make it after 17th....i'll try and get to Sify I-way as the last time i had been there Q3Arena was a breeze playin on their Frag Shack Client.....Btw Cody i am with ya buddy as the connection lag is a major concern here.....if one set's up a sever and rest lag then the show will be a total blow out....so lets just take sometime out to think this out for a while.....Btw what were the pings that u ppl got then while connecting On the Q3 sever????

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Dont know about the ping dude. mine was shown as zero ;) for obvious reasons. :) Must ask prof and 'Nid.

Btw, after many such failed attempts, we decided that we would join a common Quake 3 server and we could have some fun time after that. Thats the best workaround we could devise so as to play together while not having to go through the pain of setting a server.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Well I will be getting a 128 kbps connection soon. No idea how the ping timings will be tho. I dont mind hosting the server provided my connection can hold up. Otherwise the best alternative would be to play on a common server. And we can def keep it after the 17th...no issues. Gives me sometime to practice...lol!

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Done mate....then i ougta do some practice myself....btw any idea if my 64k leased line will be enough for a lagless Connection....plus how do u go about connecting if one hosts a specific server....does it reuire the Ip address entering thing???? :roll:

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
64k leased line should be enough. As long as you have nothing else downloading/uploading at the sametime. Connecting to a specific server means IP address:port. So whoever hosts it will need to send the IP address: port b4 hand and go for it. Lets see the feesability later on.What I will try and do is host a game and try it out with my friend and see how it goes.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Yes. The IP adderess is a must. We used to post the IP adderess just before launching the game. Then the rest of the gang would join in at the specified IP adderess.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
ok now i get it.....one server hosted....one Ip Address given to all and all connect through that address....gotcha....anything more i need to know????? :roll:

Anyways i suppose Q3 has a max player limit or something.....if so then how many can there be on a single server??? :?

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
I dont really remember the max limit, but I would suggest not more then four, including the one hosting the server. If the lag times are negligible, then more can join in, but I honestly doubt it.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
16 is the max limit but honestly do you think 16 on a 128 Kbps connection :p 4 would be more honest. But if its 4 then we need to keep the map small and no map with bfg in it. No fun otherwise.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Now I am at a Reliance WebWorld outlet typing this because my Sify Broadband connection croaked three days ago and they're still "fixing it." :D Anybody wanna challenge me to Q3A and UT2004 or CS while I am still at WebWorld? Muhahaha! Just joking. I am actually flaming mad that this has happened to me. And I finally went and submitted the form for DataOne ADSL, the 1000 buck plan. With any luck, I can host a dedicated Q3A server or a UT2004 on one computer and then play on another and give out the IP address here. Let's see how things go. Damn you, Sify!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom