The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

livetech2

Broken In
Can some one help me out:
Is Samsung NP550P5C-S05IN discontinued? I have checked with 3 shops in Bangalore but they dont have stock. One shop told me its in end of cycle. Can any one confirm this?

Also can some one tell me in Bangalore from which shop i can buy Samsung NP550P5C-S05IN? and what price?

Any one bought Samsung NP550P5C-S05IN in Bangalore can tell me the price? IN Flipkart it is 61k.

$hadow

Geek in making
Can some one help me out:
Is Samsung NP550P5C-S05IN discontinued? I have checked with 3 shops in Bangalore but they dont have stock. One shop told me its in end of cycle. Can any one confirm this?

Also can some one tell me in Bangalore from which shop i can buy Samsung NP550P5C-S05IN? and what price?

Any one bought Samsung NP550P5C-S05IN in Bangalore can tell me the price? IN Flipkart it is 61k.

I would suggest you to wait a bit as Haswell is coming out with many series of laptops and the 3rd gen laptops are likely to come down on price. Wait and you might get some thing for a good bargain.

xzibit21

Broken In
hi

i was just interested in buying the np550p5c-s05in. Had a few things to clear up before i buy it . How is the customer support of samsung :-? ? Has anyone faced any serious issues on their laptops which can not be resolved. So far i didn't come across any complains or issues with this model so i thought of asking here finally. And how much should i bargain - shops are quoting around 63k while on flipkart its at 61k.

anaklusmos

Youngling
do the S04in and S06in models have the heating/throttling issues, or have they been solved in those two models?
The ones im talking about are on Flipkart for 51.5k and 53.5k

gamer.geek

Broken In
Has anyone ever tried overclocking the GT-650M on this lappy?

And btw what are the idling and the gaming temps on this lappy, specifically, the S04IN version??

do the S04in and S06in models have the heating/throttling issues, or have they been solved in those two models?
The ones im talking about are on Flipkart for 51.5k and 53.5k

Yes, the throttling issues in the newer models have been recitified. Both the above chosen laptops are a great buy. :)

imrock

Broken In
hi, i have an year old s02 model, i have installed ubuntu 13.10, it was running on ivy bridge intel graphics so i wanted to add nvidia graphics drivers in it, apparently nvidia-304 and nvidia-319 both gave me black screens so i had to uninstall these drivers and switch back to bumblebee/intel graphics, has anyone here successfully installed the correct 650m graphic drivers in ubuntu??

Thanks

anaklusmos

Youngling
i am facing the same issue, only solution that works for me is using the 304 driver version, any other version gave me irrecoverable black screen.

guys how do u update the driver for your 650m? I used Geforce experience, and it started downloading some 327 version, and when it completes installation it tells me to restart. But when i do restart, my 650m is not installed and its not even listed in the device manager anymore (canr even access the nvidia control panel), while geforce experience shows it as the latest driver version

anaklusmos

Youngling
ok i got it working...... For some readon Geforce experience was not ablt to install the driver, so I downloaded it directly from the net and manually installed it... worked like a charm.

anaklusmos

Youngling
Guys I have the S06IN, and while gaming (mostly borderlands 2 and WoW:cataclysm) my laptop get pretty hot.
The entire left region of the laptop upto the touchpad gets pretty hot, sometimes very uncomfortably so.
GPU-Z shows temps at 81-82 while in Borderlands 2 and 79 in WoW.... Is this normal? or should I be concerned?
I really cant buy a laptop cooler till December end/January start, so any alternate soultions would be appreciated.

anaklusmos

Youngling
Guys I have the S06IN, and while gaming (mostly borderlands 2 and WoW:cataclysm) my laptop get pretty hot.
The entire left region of the laptop upto the touchpad gets pretty hot, sometimes very uncomfortably so.
GPU-Z shows temps at 81-82 while in Borderlands 2 and 79 in WoW.... Is this normal? or should I be concerned?
I really cant buy a laptop cooler till December end/January start, so any alternate soultions would be appreciated.

BUMP!

devlamania

Right off the assembly line
Hey guys,

I have been using NP550P5C S01IN for about an year now, works great for me, faced little trouble playing Blacklist in high settings though, I faced throttling issue in the beginning, but since I updated my BIOS on the very first month and as long as I kept Hyper Threading off, games are running as good as possible.

I just want to know, if ANYONE HAS ADDED SSD TO THE OPTICAL DRIVE BAY. I found a thread describing addition of ssd on main drive bay, I don't need an optical drive, I just wanna kick it off and replace it with a SSD ... Need help guys, where to buy the caddy, which ssd is the best etc ...

Santa Maria!

Journeyman
Ok, I got my laptop now. So these new Win8 laptops do not come with any external Windows DVDs? No OEM discs?
There's only a 'Recovery Partition' on the HDD itself.
So I'm supposed to make an image of the 'Recovery Partition' onto an external HDD, right? Then I can reformat my system and make new partitions, and reinstall windows, right?

Theodre

In the zone
Brothers! I am soon to acquire the S06IN. I shall soon be part of the brotherhood! Let us raise our glasses and rejoice!

Cheers to my (OUR) brotherhood... Its been a long time since i have been in this thread... Everythings good i guess...
@Santa Maria! - You wont be disappointed, welcome... :)

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey guys ,

i am considering the S05IN. If few the owners could answer a few questions, that'b be great.:)

1. Whats the Battery life on this lappy with power saver, wifi on and 60% brightness ?

2. Can somebody give me the specifics of the GT 650M present in it , like memory type/ bus type etc.

3. What is the actual gaming performance on very demamding games like Crysis 3, Metro LL, BF 4, COD Ghosts etc..

Thanks In Advance,
Abhijit

Santa Maria!

Journeyman
It seems almost impossible to install Linux side-by-side with Windows 8. I totally did not do any research about Win8 and all the issues surrounding Win8 'certified' laptops.
I am considering uninstalling it and putting in Win7 + Linux.

Theodre

In the zone
It seems almost impossible to install Linux side-by-side with Windows 8. I totally did not do any research about Win8 and all the issues surrounding Win8 'certified' laptops.
I am considering uninstalling it and putting in Win7 + Linux.

It is better to install windows 7 + Linux, than for the windows 8 + linux combo... AFAIK... UEFI is full of problems especially for the starters...

Top Bottom