The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

avi1708

Oxygen !!
i suppose many the users of these models r also using coolers....but i wonder whats the long term implications of the dust buildup process being accelerated by those huge fans? I dunno bout all of you but dust is already a major problem where i live without it being forced into all the more inaccessible cranies inside the machine...

cannibal

Right off the assembly line
when will the s05in hit the dealers....i have tried to get it in delhi but am currently unable too....dealers dont have it yet and they say that it will b released soon....now i really wanna know wat soon is ?? :p plus it aint on samsung india website or estore......why so???

~~~~~~~~~THIS IS MY FIRST POST ON THINK DIGIT~~~~~~~~~~

dan4u

Took Off!!!
S03 has i7 3630QM too right?

oops my bad....:oops:

btw Guys I have a strange problem when loading TDF on the NP550, sometimes I have to keep refreshing to load a TDF page. few other websites also have this issue, but mostly TDF site. there's nothing wrong with the wireless router as my HP dv4 loads TDF flawlessly. is anybody else facing this issue?

dan4u

Took Off!!!
btw Guys I have a strange problem when loading TDF on the NP550, sometimes I have to keep refreshing to load a TDF page. few other websites also have this issue, but mostly TDF site. there's nothing wrong with the wireless router as my HP dv4 loads TDF flawlessly. is anybody else facing this issue?
anybody?

Cyborgz

Broken In
Hi,

Am running windows 8 shipped with s03in. i would like to install Ubuntu 12.10 along with win 8. Anybody successfully did this? if so, please let me know the steps to disable UEFI and install Ubuntu

Thanks

pratyush997

Inactive
Hi,

Am running windows 8 shipped with s03in. i would like to install Ubuntu 12.10 along with win 8. Anybody successfully did this? if so, please let me know the steps to disable UEFI and install Ubuntu

Thanks
Actually someone successfully did it- somewhere in back pages!
BTW make sure to install bumblebee in ubuntu!

vikram_17

Hello!

I just purchased my new laptop. The S03IN model.. :)
I haven't been provided a cd with the laptop. However, a partition of the hard disk( around 25 GB ) has been kept for the recovery which isn't accessible to me from the normal environment. Do I need to make a backup of a recovery point or is the recovery provided by Samsung enough to do the job?

pratyush997

Inactive
Hello!

I just purchased my new laptop. The S03IN model.. :)
I haven't been provided a cd with the laptop. However, a partition of the hard disk( around 25 GB ) has been kept for the recovery which isn't accessible to me from the normal environment. Do I need to make a backup of a recovery point or is the recovery provided by Samsung enough to do the job?
Don't play with those recovery partition! :D
or else you might end up screwing all data in it!
BTW Do join the Sammy group | Link in Sign

cannibal

*www.samsungindiaestore.com/Products/Laptops/NP550P5C-S05IN_NP550P5C-S05IN

^^ finally samsung has s05in on its website....its lighter than s03 and also has blue ray drive.....guess these are the only changes...point out if u see more... :-D

sj2202

Broken In
I really am soooo thankful to god that my S03IN malfunctioned and I got a refund :-D :-D
Just check out this laptop...even better than the Y580!!...I couldn't have asked for more!!!
The most amazing feature is the ultrabay which enables you to add another GPU!! :shock:

Here is the notebookcheck review

Now I am completely convinced that everything happens for the better!! :-D :-D

rider

as Kratos
I really am soooo thankful to god that my S03IN malfunctioned and I got a refund :-D :-D
Just check out this laptop...even better than the Y580!!...I couldn't have asked for more!!!
The most amazing feature is the ultrabay which enables you to add another GPU!! :shock:

Here is the notebookcheck review

Now I am completely convinced that everything happens for the better!! :-D :-D

It's the new boss..!! for this segment. It would be available for 64k and a complete VFM.

Top Bottom