The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

pratyush997

Inactive
Back again after a VERY long time. Disappointed about the performance of this lappy when it runs FIFA 13. The highest I can go without compromising the smoothness of the gameplay while playing is:

Res : 1280*720 (???? with 6GB RAM???)
Quality : Medium
MSAA : Off (??? WTF???? and this is a 650M???)
FPS : No limit
this is just plain disgusting after updating with the new graphics driver.
Temps?

shaggy

Solid State Forum Member!
Temps were good. <95 degrees on HW Monitor. Played for about 1.5 hours.
Very disgusted by the performance though.

shaggy

FPS I don't know, I guess it was around 1/5th of what notebookcheck.net has mentioned on its website (yes, with the medium settings and no MSAA).
Throttling: no.
Stuttering(maybe throttling, couldn't differentiate as I was too irritated) : yes(2 times)

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Dan4U i didn't got any confirmation mail till now...what to do? i think better to call CC now.

i had watched Avengers 1080 movie on full brightness with 30% sound (thanks to JBL speakers) and temps i checked at the end was 62C.

check in spam, i too was waiting for mail but one day i randomly opened spam mails and saw Samsung mail. but wait, you are talking about 'extended warranty' mail, rigght?

pratyush997

Inactive
FPS I don't know, I guess it was around 1/5th of what notebookcheck.net has mentioned on its website (yes, with the medium settings and no MSAA).
Throttling: no.
Stuttering(maybe throttling, couldn't differentiate as I was too irritated) : yes(2 times)
Did u did a Clean OS install?

shaggy

yes, of course!!
Fifa 12 runs fine on 1600*900 high settings with 2x MSAA
I don't what's wrong with 13.
Maybe its too graphics demanding.
But motebookcheck.net tells me a different story altogether.

dan4u

Took Off!!!
yes, of course!!
Fifa 12 runs fine on 1600*900 high settings with 2x MSAA
I don't what's wrong with 13.
Maybe its too graphics demanding.
But motebookcheck.net tells me a different story altogether.

hey I play fifa 13 just fine with the highest settings at 1600 x 900.
at 4x MSAA 24-29 fps
2x MSAA 33-37 fps
MSAA off 55-60 fps

I play with 2x MSAA, MSAA really brings down the fps, I prefer FSAA.

also I'm using the stock driver (296.87), none of the beta driver's or the latest WHQL driver works with saints row the third.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
thanks dan4u for making clear that fifa13 is fine with our laptop. i may buy this duesshehra(jo bi hai spelling)

rockz3r

Broken In
Please say me does it has my other issues except throttling and over heating. Also say me which are the best drivers of graphics etc for temperatures and the settings to keep temperature under control and if possible then please upload some game plays

dayslleepper

Broken In
I haven't faced throttling since the bios update, but the temps were reaching 94c after 2-3hrs of gaming (bf3, max payne 3 etc), so I reduced the cpu max to 70% while gaming. now the temps don't go above 86-87 in any game. also the battery wear level is still 0% (I remove battery while gaming,though) and there haven't been any other issues. I've finished crysis 2, gta iv, bf3, max payne3 and there have been no problems. No random BSOD's or freezes.
about the customer care, I personally had very good experience with them, if you read my earlier posts you'll know that I got a full refund for the i5 version from the cc in my area. but some users like pratyush got the mobo replaced, even though he wanted a refund, so I think cc really depends on the area .

Thanks very much for such a glad information... And can u plz tell me abt build quality... Heard tht it got poor buid quality as it is made of plastic, like the monitor gets shake when it kept near a table fan. and should have to use it very carefullly. Is it right ?? :-?

I know it depends on user to user, but still it is a question for me....

diablo5789

Broken In
Hi guys,

Quick question: Has anyone bought the S01 from flipkart? Is it the same build? Because the pic at flipkart is different from the actual pic, but the specs are correct however.
Supplementary Question: Anyone know a reliable dealer in Pune where I can buy for a price lower than flipkart (52192 INR)? I have tried contacting dealers mentioned on Sammy's website and never connected and got finally fed up.

Build Question: So from the lot of comments on this thread I gather for moderate gaming, heavy development environment (Lot of programs running, with virtualized OSes), multimedia (lotsa movies) that this lappy is the best I can get at this price. But to be on the safe side invest on a Cooler Master U2 :).

If yes I am buying the S01 this week. Might just place the order right now if I get a favourable reply :). Heating issues as far as i can see are only there during extended periods of heavy gaming, which i am rarely ever gonna do (max 1-2 hours).

sakii

\m/ \m/
Hi guys,

Quick question: Has anyone bought the S01 from flipkart? Is it the same build? Because the pic at flipkart is different from the actual pic, but the specs are correct however.
Supplementary Question: Anyone know a reliable dealer in Pune where I can buy for a price lower than flipkart (52192 INR)? I have tried contacting dealers mentioned on Sammy's website and never connected and got finally fed up.

Build Question: So from the lot of comments on this thread I gather for moderate gaming, heavy development environment (Lot of programs running, with virtualized OSes), multimedia (lotsa movies) that this lappy is the best I can get at this price. But to be on the safe side invest on a Cooler Master U2 :).

If yes I am buying the S01 this week. Might just place the order right now if I get a favourable reply :). Heating issues as far as i can see are only there during extended periods of heavy gaming, which i am rarely ever gonna do (max 1-2 hours).
In PUNE u can contact BABA Computers RON cn giv address...he's frm Pune.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
Hi guys,

Im also from pune...here is the contact no...BABA COMPUTERS...9850725903 TILAK ROAD, SWARGATE....and tell him this if he his quoting 52k..."Hello, my 4 friends bought Samsung lappy from you...you quoted them 48.5K (inlcuding back pack)...thats why i came here"

tell him my name Rohan...i don't know what price he is quoting after 2 months (i bought this lappy in the month of August)...but his price are good compared to other dealers...and with goodies he will quote 49.5K.

Update to Gamers :

Played Battlefield 3 in Ultra Settings.

Temps are high. CPU is 95 C, GPU 88C (In AC room with AC set at 22 deg C - No laptop cooler)

However no throttling or lag at this stage.

Please note that the Throttling temperature for the i7 3610QM processor is 105C as per ARK | Intel® Core

sakii

\m/ \m/
Im also from pune...here is the contact no...BABA COMPUTERS...9850725903 TILAK ROAD, SWARGATE....and tell him this if he his quoting 52k..."Hello, my 4 friends bought Samsung lappy from you...you quoted them 48.5K (inlcuding back pack)...thats why i came here"

tell him my name Rohan...i don't know what price he is quoting after 2 months (i bought this lappy in the month of August)...but his price are good compared to other dealers...and with goodies he will quote 49.5K.

Tell him tht... 4+1 frnds of mine bought it from here...together..... and they hv reffered this shop to U...hw evr tht shopkeeper looks very mean frm Face :p

Top Bottom