The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

nick191

Journeyman
GTA 4 w/ car mods and trainer on high.... temps 94C.. O_O.. faq HW monitor... Enjoy gameplay.... :p

but it throttle or not ?

hardcore gaming = 7-8 hours daily with Ultra settings...SO2IN won't do this job. Iam warning you...If you are a gamer like me...2 hours continuous and then taking break and playing 3 hours lately then its good.

Even a ALIENWARE won't stay below 90C after playing for 3 hours. My I5 version goes upto 90C when CPU has been under-clocked to 90%...just think of this Quad Core I7.

but as pratyush got his mobo replaced his temps are below 85C which is awesome. So if you play games at Ultra Settings for 3 hours and then give this lappy a break for 1 hour then its Good. but don't expect playing 2012 games at continuous 6 hours.

thanks for information,i will think about it.
you have throttling ?

RON28

Cyborg Agent
No my I5 doesn't throttle...but let me tell you even if the temp is 90C laptop's palm rest area remains ultimately cool...which is really good while playing games.

eduku

Amateur techno enthusiast
Its been some time since I last browsed this thread, and it appears to me that there is still no established full proof solution for the high temperatures and throttling problems.
As for me after I turned on V-sync and under clocked the CPU to 90%, the problem is restricted to some extent, yet the GPU temperatures often reach upto 92*C and CPU upto 88*C when the room is slightly hot, while playing FIFA 12 for 1 hour continuously (that's the only game that I have played on my laptop, but I am waiting for FIFA 13 and GTA 5) at 1600X900 resolution with everything maxed out...
But the one most peculiar thing that I noticed while using MPC Home Cinema coupled withe K-lite codec pack, to play "The Avengers" in 720P Blue Ray Rip (3.74GB) the CPU and GPU temperatures reached 80*C!!!
How can it reach 80*C just by playing an HD video???
There is some talk about under clocking the GPU in order to reduce temperatures and prevent throttling, is that even possible, if it is then how so?
And any word on a better PSU like a 120W may be being available (and compatible with this laptop) from SAMSUNG??

sakii

\m/ \m/
No my I5 doesn't throttle...but let me tell you even if the temp is 90C laptop's palm rest area remains ultimately cool...which is really good while playing games.

Ron how can it be....i mean palm area remaining cool.....imy lappy...i can clerly feel it becoming warm whin temp r close to 75. Also it reached 90 while playing DMC4 on high performance....now I doubt whether it can withstand MP3 .... may be my lappy hvng faults...... and aftr calibrating wear lvl of battery gone to 5% dafaq. How to reduce it..... and am I in trouble ??

Ron how can it be....i mean palm area remaining cool.....imy lappy...i can clerly feel it becoming warm whin temp r close to 75. Also it reached 90 while playing DMC4 on high performance....now I doubt whether it can withstand MP3 .... may be my lappy hvng faults...... and aftr calibrating wear lvl of battery gone to 5% dafaq. How to reduce it..... and am I in trouble ??

PS: I m using U2 along with it still 90C

Hey Guys...hws u all hv been....

I had a que how much backup u guys r getting on sammy.... In my case (I5 ver) backup tym has significantly reduced to smwhr around 2.5 hrs on 80% charge... normally my sammy gets chrgd upto 80% within an hour... and I m gaming on AC only...most ov the tym...sammy gets charged nd i keep on playing.... prolonged exposure to charging can reduce battery life ?
Is there any corrective measure for it... ?

^^ Guys help needed fr it

alpha34

Broken In
There is some talk about under clocking the GPU in order to reduce temperatures and prevent throttling, is that even possible, if it is then how so?
And any word on a better PSU like a 120W may be being available (and compatible with this laptop) from SAMSUNG??
Ya it is available....lenovo has 135W adapter and ratings are same but should test it out........GPU can be underclocked by using MSI afterburner which pratyush had told abt it in his facebook group page......
And now the price of this lappy has gone up ie I7 being 73K and I5 being 60K :(

RON28

Cyborg Agent
hey Sakii bro how u doing? regarding the ques you asked...i always take out my battery while gaming...i know we can't save the game if the light is gone...but still...having experience with my my old laptop...its better to take out battery...i use it only on sunday...calibrate your battery and remove it...and again inset it...you will see 0% wear level in HW monitor...i think you should better ask CC...because modern laptop's palm area should remain cool as old laptops had some problems. and mine remains cool while playing Skyrim...CPU hungry game.

i think you also bought wrong cooling pad...pratyush knows about it...he only once told in this thread that cooling pad shouldn't be of Aluminium. may be thats the problem.

sakii

\m/ \m/
hey Sakii bro how u doing? regarding the ques you asked...i always take out my battery while gaming...i know we can't save the game if the light is gone...but still...having experience with my my old laptop...its better to take out battery...i use it only on sunday...calibrate your battery and remove it...and again inset it...you will see 0% wear level in HW monitor...i think you should better ask CC...because modern laptop's palm area should remain cool as old laptops had some problems. and mine remains cool while playing Skyrim...CPU hungry game.

i think you also bought wrong cooling pad...pratyush knows about it...he only once told in this thread that cooling pad shouldn't be of Aluminium. may be thats the problem.

Ron dude....m fyn...Ok I will do it today ( battery thing).... and regarding cooling pad .... I ws advised here only...nd I made a hurried decision :(. BTW whts harm in having aluminium plate ( its perforated though & from Cooler Master)
And regarding Palm area being warm... I think My laptop belongs to older class (earliest bunch of laptop) coz these days even normal temp are around 50C... so I hv to call CC guys.....!!!

Last edited:

alpha34

Broken In
guys ran into weird problem.....all of a sudden my bluetooth device is not present i mean when i checked device manager there is no bluetooth device....any way i can revieve it or i should re-install windows....

RON28

Cyborg Agent
Ron dude....m fyn...Ok I will do it today ( battery thing).... and regarding cooling pad .... I ws advised here only...nd I made a hurried decision :(. BTW whts harm in having aluminium plate ( its perforated though & from Cooler Master)
And regarding Palm area being warm... I think My laptop belongs to older class (earliest bunch of laptop) coz these days even normal temp are around 50C... so I hv to call CC guys.....!!!

back up your imp data first...who knows, they will replace mobo when taken to service center...so better be ready...All the best.

and also tell them about your battery...because im getting 3.45 hours back up on 80% charging at low brightness while surfing.
*i47.tinypic.com/ej93yv.jpg

Last edited:

imrock

Broken In
im having trouble with the sensitivity of the trackpad, it sometimes doesn't register taps until i hit it hard, is anyone else facing such issue??
any cure??

imrock

Broken In
did that already, but its doesn't change the sensitivity/touch responsiveness, its just got to do with speed and accuracy

imrock

Broken In
:oops: lemme check on that!! there have been quite a lot of updates recently. N hey pratyush, when will we get the windows 8 upgrade?? I did register and filled the details and got approved!!

just checked, touchpad driver 15.3.40.0, the latest one

pratyush997

Inactive
:oops: lemme check on that!! there have been quite a lot of updates recently. N hey pratyush, when will we get the windows 8 upgrade?? I did register and filled the details and got approved!!

just checked, touchpad driver 15.3.40.0, the latest one
acc to driver scanner(uniblue) latest is ..well see it in pic
*i.imgur.com/kWEzR.png

Top Bottom