The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

pratyush997

Inactive
What the heck dude!!!! I too have NP550 ... room temp is now 26 C...
CPU max - 94
GPU max - 91
played Ghost Recon future soldier.... works only for 10 min ... then the FPS comes down to 5-6 ..... res 1366*768 all setting low ...throttles like hell.... n yes i have U3 cooling pad... :-x :-x
thats f**king hot...Try two books method in such a way that the air passes below the lappy!Sometimes I blow air under the lappy or get a cooling pad ASAP

pratyush997

Inactive
^^^yeah!

CPU max - 94
GPU max - 91
played Ghost Recon future soldier.... works only for 10 min ... then the FPS comes down to 5-6 ..... res 1366*768 all setting low ...throttles like hell.... n yes i have U3 cooling pad... :-x :-x
Did you switched to turbo mode b4 playing game!!

vipulgreattt

Broken In
CPU max - 94
GPU max - 91

:shock:

Thats too much man.. I guess there must be poor ventilation.. As said above, did switch to turbo mode?

or by any chance were the ventilation blocked somehow, on bed etc?
:-?

aaronlivera

Broken In
CPU max - 94
GPU max - 91

That's really hot...!!! Something tells me u must go for a replacement u might have got the defective piece... any how wait for some more suggestions....

Am also going to buy one.... any one in Coimbatore interested in buying this ...??

Will I be able to add an ssd...?? If so can I make it boot the windows and Linux in that drive....??? (By keeping the ssd as the c: drive)

gunner_kanishk

Journeyman
CPU max - 94
GPU max - 91

Dafuq :-?

Answer the questions that the guys below have asked.

My GPU has never crossed 80 degrees till now. :\

abhishekmaha

Broken In
Sorry for going off-topic here...but do any of you have any info on this laptop?

HP Pavilion dv6-7034: HP Pavilion dv6-7034tx Entertainment Notebook PC Product Specifications - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

It's obviously an old model since it uses the Sandy Bridge...but rider said that IB outscores SB only in graphics....If this is available for around 60k, then i would be excellent...:-D:-D

rekrow

Broken In
Sorry for going off-topic here...but do any of you have any info on this laptop?

HP Pavilion dv6-7034: HP Pavilion dv6-7034tx Entertainment Notebook PC Product Specifications - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

It's obviously an old model since it uses the Sandy Bridge...but rider said that IB outscores SB only in graphics....If this is available for around 60k, then i would be excellent...:-D:-D

you're in the states come to india :p check indian site. that model is not available in india.

hey can you guys suggest me a nice gamepad within 1 grand?
thanks in advance:)

pratyush997

Inactive
Yo...Guyz Just applied 1.4 Patch on Gta 4 and Booom...50 FPS+ on 1600*900 and on ultra settings and trust me !!!!!!!!!!Its awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry didn't started HWMonitor b4 playing game!

you're in the states come to india :p check indian site. that model is not available in india.

What about This??

sj2202

Broken In
Yo...Guyz Just applied 1.4 Patch on Gta 4 and Booom...50 FPS+ on 1600*900 and on ultra settings and trust me !!!!!!!!!!Its awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is seriously amazing!!. :-D :-D :-D

ummm....you can try the logitech one,it has got good reviews
Logitech Gamepad F310 | Gamepad | Flipkart.com

or strictly going by your budget,
Thrustmaster Firestorm Dual Analog 3 (PC) (Black) | Gamepad | Flipkart.com

But I would personally like you to increase your budget by Rs. 500 and go for the Microsoft controller......even though it's price is Rs. 1899 on flipkart,you can get it for Rs. 1500 in local stores.It's highly recommended!!

Microsoft Wired Controller | Gamepad | Flipkart.com

gamer0704

Broken In
the pune gang finally got the sammy..in all 4 :)
(me, dmplog, ankesh and sakii)
Price was 48.5 with no freebies..
Sakii had a tough time due to his employers-icici card!
the icici atm near baba computers were either shutdown or not functioning.
managed to get the money and finally boarded bus to valsad at 8:30pm.

rekrow

Broken In
thanks everyone :) i guess i'll collect some cash and go for the microsoft one itself!

and yeah i played fifa 12 in 1600*900 at high gfx, temps were about 70. is that too much for fifa? at no load its about 50 to 60 .

RON28

Cyborg Agent
the pune gang finally got the sammy..in all 4 :)
(me, dmplog, ankesh and sakii)
Price was 48.5 with no freebies..
Sakii had a tough time due to his employers-icici card!
the icici atm near baba computers were either shutdown or not functioning.
managed to get the money and finally boarded bus to valsad at 8:30pm.

congrats to all :) did you played any game?

ujjwal007

Lost in games

oh great :D thats what i want to listen great awesome results :) yeah did u checked the temps???? thanks pratyush :) yeah great result finally!!!!!!!

gamer0704

Broken In
My Initial impression of sammy:

1. keyboard definitely needs to be get used to, as i am moving from lenovo r400.
it simply looks too tiny. i hate the windows pointer middling with the typing :(
2. sound is crystal clear for me. jbl rocks!
3. i tried to close screen with firm left hand..could easily see the liquid-effect on screen.
This also happens with lenovo though.

windows is not my favourite os and will be switching to ubuntu asap.
have taken screen, sound and video samples. trying to upload for sharing.

Top Bottom