The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

rider

as Kratos
Yo!!!!!!!!!! I convinced my father to buy me this lappy!!!!!!Will get it within this week!!
Folks Suggest me some good games!!!!!

Why not a gaming PC?

New games to play:
Skyrim
Saints row the thrid
Batman Arkham City
AC Revelation
Battlefield 3
Alan Wake (Highly recommended)
LA Noire
Max Payne 3
Ghost Recon Future Soldier

RON28

Cyborg Agent
@DAN4U yours is i5 or i7 version? if yours is i5 version, then can you confirm whether it has 768p or 900p resolution, because flipkart replied me that the i5 version has 768p resolution :-?

There is only silver colour available !!!!! Its a one colour model !! Where are you getting the black ? make sure its the 550p :-?

i mean the lid is of black colour :p

OP
har

har

In the zone
Guys even though the 550p model is not shown in samsung's website its got a support page with drivers and manuals Here

@har did you do a clean install of windows 7?

No I didnt. There is hardly any bloatware. Why install again ? :-?

@DAN4U yours is i5 or i7 version? if yours is i5 version, then can you confirm whether it has 768p or 900p resolution, because flipkart replied me that the i5 version has 768p resolution :-?

i mean the lid is of black colour :p

There is only silver colour even for lid :-?

And I have i5 version and it is 1600*900 :-D

Temp after more than 2 hrs playing asassins creed 2 at full settings.
*i49.tinypic.com/nn41so.jpg

Cpu temp reached 91 and gpu 81. Any cause for worry ?

@ron28--here's proof of screen resolution
*i47.tinypic.com/351wap5.jpg

RON28

Cyborg Agent
@HAR dude you are awesome :D thank you, i thought u bought i7 version...hahaha :D don't wory about temps...wait for stable drivers...thank you so much for posting the resolution image...a day is passing like century for me :D

i mean the same lappy which dan purchased :-? it has balck lid no? :-?

dan4u

Took Off!!!
@HAR dude you are awesome :D thank you, i thought u bought i7 version...hahaha :D don't wory about temps...wait for stable drivers...thank you so much for posting the resolution image...a day is passing like century for me :D

yea like har said i5 and i7 both have 1600x900 resolution:p, n there's only one color i believe, its dark silver....

I really have to thank TDF n Ratul if it weren't for you guys I'd never have considered Samsung .....I had my mind set on dell/hp .....

pratyush997

Inactive
Hi folks....
A re-seller is quoting me 62k for this laptop!!
I Think this is kinda overpriced!!!
Whereas compusoft priced it for 56-57k .....
a Whooping 6-7k more:-x:-x:-x:-x
What should I do
My budget is 58k!

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Hi folks....
What should I do
My budget is 58k!

is it the i7 version?? even if it is 62k is a lil too much, my dealer told me he can give the i7 for 58.5 including tax.

No I didnt. There is hardly any bloatware. Why install again ? :-?

So didn't you partition the drive?

RON28

Cyborg Agent
Hi folks....
What should I do
My budget is 58k!

Here dealers are quoting i7 for 55k after bargaining :D

sakii

\m/ \m/
^^^^^Where do u live bro??
Here in Jaipur they are stuck @62-63k w/o bag and no free goodies

Same is the case here, I will get a bag though but yaa no goodies along with it. Every dealer places order to 1 samsung representative all over state whether it is MP or GUJ. or Rajsthan.
And evry where this model is in demand (though it is not on website). So getting it is not tht tough.

I was able to catch samsung representative of gujrat also...he quoted me 51500/-for I5 :( and asked me to tell him 2 day in advance. Planning to get it next weekend.

OP
har

har

In the zone
yea like har said i5 and i7 both have 1600x900 resolution:p, n there's only one color i believe, its dark silver....

I really have to thank TDF n Ratul if it weren't for you guys I'd never have considered Samsung .....I had my mind set on dell/hp .....

And ratul ended up buying dell :p

is it the i7 version?? even if it is 62k is a lil too much, my dealer told me he can give the i7 for 58.5 including tax.

So didn't you partition the drive?

Yeah thats too high. You can get it for 56k including tax.

made one partition-100gb windows,900gb data :-D

:p No problemo !!

dan4u

Took Off!!!
^^^^^Where do u live bro??
Here in Jaipur they are stuck @62-63k w/o bag and no free goodies

I'm from Cochin, Kerala ....dude search around, there might be someplace where its 57-58k .....I didn't want the i7 version, the only plus point in it was the bluray, which I won't be needing. the i5 processor can handle all my needs i.e Mostly Gaming:p ...but that's my case, if you want the i7 search around Jaipur for a good price or else make a small trip to Delhi:wink: I'm sure you'll get it for 56-57k there....

Usui1811

uıɐƃɐ ʇou 'ʇıɥs ɥo
Hey guys, from next month onwards, I will join my college, so will need a laptop.

I have been following laptops from sometime now (more than 6 months to be sure), when I was fixed to buy the Hp dv6 6165tx, but then came the announcement of ivy bridge and came the hp 7010tx, but its reduced gpu was a great turn off (not to mention that I loved its new design), so I was much confused for the two as one has better gpu but older configuration while the other had better configuration but much weaker gpu.

And then I came the Inspiron SE series which made me quite happy and then I started following TDF. Its been a time now since I had been following all the threads and now since my decision time is approaching, I decided to make account here so that I can ask for suggestion from all the geeks around here according to what I need.

So, well there is no doubt that Samsung 550p is a sure buy at the moment, but what I was wondering that should I finally decide on it or wait for any further HP announcements ? Seeing the present market, I dont think HP will sit quietly and again I dont think people will opt for it when there are so much better system like this and dell one around. There is no time limit for butying a laptop but again will the new hp one be worthy of waiting for and is there any chances that they will provide something better or equal to 650M ?

And last question, I personally love backlit keyboards. And I am sure I would be using laptop mainly during night with dim light or no light. So, if I opt for this one, I wont get backlit keys (right ?). So any suggestions for it ?

Why can't am able to upload any pics in TD . Can't able to change avatar or upload pics to the threads even after decreasing the size, i have tried in other browsers also(every time its says unable to save). Any idea friends. Sorry for the offtrack question.

Top Bottom