The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

ujjwal007

Lost in games
dude...dont know current status but.... in MP if ur dad( or on whose name connection is) a govt. employee (mp or central) can claim rebate of 20% on the data plan for home use. I hv 750/- but paying 500/ per month. unfortunately I m out of MP now. whole downloading cap going waste. :(

Can anyone suggest a GOOD WIRELESS PLAN (dongle one) most probable in gujrat.... or national roaming(no xtra charge)than no issue...can get from delhi, MH or MP.

oh no :( i think 900 ones will be good for me 8 gb @ 4 mbps and after 512kbps just want to know that the 512kbps after i got will be fixed speed or it throttles too ? know 4 mbps throttles please reply! thanks dude!

sakii

\m/ \m/
oh no :( i think 900 ones will be good for me 8 gb @ 4 mbps and after 512kbps just want to know that the 512kbps after i got will be fixed speed or it throttles too ? know 4 mbps throttles please reply! thanks dude!

AFAIK reduced speed wont throttle. As my 512 Kbps connection had constant dwnld speed (once upon a time ;))

Anirban Dev

Broken In
Question for the owners of the i7 version :
How prominent is the throttling issue?(i.e. how much continuous gaming can be put in before it kicks in, under no AC, no cooling pad scenario)
Any ways of countering it(apart from getting a cooling pad)?
Are we looking at an update from nvidia or samsung to rectify the throttling issue?

gunner_kanishk

Journeyman
Question for the owners of the i7 version :
How prominent is the throttling issue?(i.e. how much continuous gaming can be put in before it kicks in, under no AC, no cooling pad scenario)
Any ways of countering it(apart from getting a cooling pad)?
Are we looking at an update from nvidia or samsung to rectify the throttling issue?

In such a condition i.e no AC, no cooling pad, you just should not game on a laptop for long hours. That's not the purpose of a laptop.

Still, in those conditions, you can play games like FIFA 12, Street Fighter without any issues at all.

Now if you wanna play Max Payne 3 on high settings at 900p without an AC or a cooling pad, then its best to buy a desktop instead.

I haven't face any throttling issue thus far and I've played a ton of games already. (Max Payne 3, Mass Effect 3, Crysis 2, FIFA 12, Street Fighet X Tekken).

rekrow

Broken In
hey guys is it possible to convert games to 3d in this card? cause i've seen my friend convert games to 3d using some nvidia tool. or is it restricted to certain cards? this supports 3d vision right? so it should be possible if so, let me know.

guys i updated nvidia driver to 304.79 or what ever it is and now saints row doesnt start it gets stuck. i uninstalled the driver but now the problem still persists! what do i do?? please help :( :(

terrafield

Broken In
Could anyone please confirm if N550P 15 inch has additional hard drive bay? Because when I look into manual, I could see the title (17 inches only)

Also in Boot options, I could see Boot Priority as HDD or CD/DVD. But I could not find option like HDD1 or HDD2

I could not attach snapshots

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Guys help. I am getting only 30 fps in nfs hot pursuit 2010. Is it ok. I think its ok only. Not very good. But nfs and fifa games should give really good fps,right guys?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
And just now played nfsmw,it gave 31fps. Using fraps 3.5.6

It is on gt650. I choosed nfsmw in nvidia control panel.

dan4u

Took Off!!!
And just now played nfsmw,it gave 31fps. Using fraps 3.5.6

It is on gt650. I choosed nfsmw in nvidia control panel.

you should definitely get 55-60 fps, try restarting the game

Guys, weird thing is that I get fps drops only when plugged in, when on battery there's no problem:-?......when there's a drop in fps I pull the plug and the fps shoots from 8 to 40...really weird :-?.....

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Played fifa08. Same 31fps. What is happening? These games supposed to give more fps in 650m. What is the problem?

I reduced the resolution of nfsmw to least. Even then 31fps. At highest too 31fps. Could someone help here?

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Played fifa08. Same 31fps. What is happening? These games supposed to give more fps in 650m. What is the problem?
try this, in the nvidia control panel select "manage 3d settings", in that scroll down to "power management" change it to "prefer maximum performance", did you reinstall the drivers or anythin? 31 fps is not bad, its playable....what about other games like gta iv or max payne?

daksh

Journeyman
Intel HD 4000 is running even if you select it with control panel . Happens in Bully with me too . Looked upon it , it is a problem with every hybrid switching laptop . Worse in AMD. Try high performance power mode and turbo fan speed . Or worst case , force it via bios.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@Dan4u:Thank you.I did what you said. But nothing is changed. Same 31fps in all games. Fifa08,nfsmw,nfs hot pursuit 2010,devil may cry SE 3. Thats all i have. And its playable i know but i should get similar readings what everyone is getting. But even in these old games i getting only 30fps. And i didnt do anything with nvidia drivers.

daksh

Journeyman
vsync limits after 60fps . Below it , it has no role . Its a problem with switching . Force it via Bios .

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I went in BIOS but couldn't find how to set 650m as default. Can anyone guide me? And i think problem will still persist. I played dmc3se on intel hd4000 avg was 25.741,min 24 and max 28. With 650m avg 31.64,min 30 and max 32. Now what?

terrafield

Broken In
Could anyone please confirm if N550P 15 inch has additional hard drive bay? Because when I look into manual, I could see the title (17 inches only)

Also in Boot options, I could see Boot Priority as HDD or CD/DVD. But I could not find option like HDD1 or HDD2

I could not attach snapshots

Could anyone please confirm if 15 inch NP550P has additional HDD bay?

Top Bottom