The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

pratyush997

Inactive
mate temp of my CPU and GPU are way undercontrol ..like 65 and 70 . My PC handles bf3 at ultra as well .. (few lags ) but fyn ... and FIFA12 shud have been a piece of cake, but ...to my surprse i dint run gud. I have searched many forums and many have faced this problem and conclusion came to this that nvidia will update drivers soon. i have tried everythg but of no help.
okay..did u patched FIFA 12 with latest Fixes ??.
regarding laptop ..at many places i have read about replacing the HDD wid SSD? cud u just explain to me wat exactly is this thing? Thx for the quick help tho ! :))
A member posted Seriously amazing procedure to do it .....search it Should be few pages back...i'm doin it .. :p

Conan

Broken In
Got trolled by CPUID HWMonitor. These are the results after playing Fallout:New Vegas (900p Resolution, FSAA, 16x AF, all settings maxed out) for 2 hours.
Check out the SSD temperature. :lol:

*i47.tinypic.com/23jsq2v.jpg

ankan

Broken In
^ Afaik i5 can go upto 3.1 ghz ...aint it?

Yes i5 3210m can go upto 3.1 and i7 3610m can go upto 3.3 ghz but only when the app is using a single thread. TS bench uses 4 threads stressing the cpu so the i5 falls back to 29.. maybe i7 falls back to 31 (instead of 33 max for i7)?

pratyush997

Inactive
@Conan :-EPICest temps in my whooooole faqin life......wait What if really is that hot...will it melt?

@Hi all owners ...
I would like u to join This Sammy owners group on FB...

@Mods if its advertising I seriously Apoligise for my Mistake..

Yes i5 3210m can go upto 3.1 and i7 3610m can go upto 3.3 ghz but only when the app is using a single thread. TS bench uses 4 threads stressing the cpu so the i5 falls back to 29.. maybe i7 falls back to 31 (instead of 33 max for i7)?
I never saw lappy working @ 3.3 GHz on full load...its like 3.2GHz ....I think there is option in TS to use 2(or its 4) threads as i5 donno have 8 Threads..

Last edited:

Wirbelwind

Right off the assembly line
Hey, I had my lappy for a couple months and where I live, it's really dusty around here (gotta love the construction). I've been looking around the net and I haven't found a single site that helps me take apart the laptop. I just wanna do maintenance on the fans and all. Nothin special. Does anyone know a site that does or can tell me? Thanks a bunch!

Gtb93

In the zone
*www.samsungindiaestore.com/Product...IIX987fs62h0yr9df4g380ty0tt32r45en674Oty00ui0

Is it really 520MX?
How's the card?

alpha34

Broken In
Hi guys,
I took I7 version lappy yesterday and speakers are killer on this lappy so awsome to listen to songs on JBL :-D.
Had used lappy for 10 hours and temp stayed max of 52 C for CPU and 55 C for GPU while playing some low end games,watching movies,browsing internet.
And guys I had installed 306 beta nvidea drivers is it the same version you guys are using or using drivers provided in samsung website?

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
Ok guys gotta register for the extended 1 year free warranty, i see i have to upload the pic of invoice.. Does anyone know whether samsung cross check the date of invoice with the dealer or they will grant the extended warranty just by seeing the date on invoice uploaded by me?

Thanks.

Anyone? :)

xpert007

Broken In
please tell how is build quality of this lappy?

i like its configuration and thinking to buy this laptop but according to this thread the lappy heats too much.. will cooling pad may help in resolving the heating issue?

i leave in a city where there is no samsung laptop service center so shud i opt for it or not?

what is the role of driver on solving the heating issue of 650m as driver now is in beta version??

is the lappy has some cooling vent design issues ?

is the heating issue of lappy with this configuration , a common problem or it is bcoz of driver issue of 650m or any other issue?

shud i opt for this or not ????

alpha34

Broken In

i like its configuration and thinking to buy this laptop but according to this thread the lappy heats too much.. will cooling pad may help in resolving the heating issue?

i leave in a city where there is no samsung laptop service center so shud i opt for it or not?

what is the role of driver on solving the heating issue of 650m as driver now is in beta version??

is the heating issue of lappy with this configuration , a common problem or it is bcoz of driver issue of 650m or any other issue?

hi buddy,
I took this lappy and let me tell you i like the build quality its good and yeah lappy heats a bit but it depends on kind of load your putting on it say if you are playing high end game with high setting then any lappy would heat up and so does this laptop with cooling pad you bring down temp and also drivers and other tricks specified here will help to bring temp down........and since there is no service center i personally would have not opt it unless service center is in nearby city....

Abhishek Nama

Journeyman

If you don't have Samsung service center in your city, I seriously would not recommend this laptop.

dan4u

Took Off!!!
*www.samsungindiaestore.com/Product...IIX987fs62h0yr9df4g380ty0tt32r45en674Oty00ui0

Is it really 520MX?
How's the card?
its not a very powerful card, if you want to play games at high settings, look elsewhere.....review for GT 520mx
not sure, if you can, ask your dealer to bill it before the 31st

Check out this review of the new Dell XPS 15 released in the US, its got an i7-3612qm and GT 640m, it also has high temperatures (100C + :twisted:), proper BIOS and driver updates can fix the issue......btw how far is the nearest service center for you??

Last edited:

Alouysis

Right off the assembly line
Ok i've been planing to buy a laptop in 50 -55k Category for quite sometime now for my engineering studies and a moderate to high level of gaming.
Had hp dv6 in my mind but along came this monster and in a dilemma I went. :/
Following this thread and some other threads on this site and some other ones,I noticed that:
1.While some, were ecstatic about this laptop,others felt as if they have been robbed.
2.Almost every person faces serious heating issues on this beast.
3.The Samsung service sucks according to most of the owners.

I would really appreciate it if someone clears my doubts and convinces me its worth to spend half-a-lac on this laptop.

1.I live/study in a place where the climate is about 30-34 degrees Celsius throughout the year.
Can someone point out the extent of heating that this laptop produces while gaming ?
Also a good notebook cooling pad to counter it?
2.If I have any issues,what would be Samsung's reaction?
Is there a replacement guarantee or would they not even give two hoots about my problem?
Samsung,though a giant in the electronics market,does not have a foothold in the computer arena.
3.I plan to order any laptop through flipkart,any heads up on their service?

I have a week to finalize any laptop to purchase.
Again,would really appreciate it of someone answers my query.

A big thanks in advance.

xpert007

Broken In
If you don't have Samsung service center in your city, I seriously would not recommend this laptop.

i am currently living in a cllg hostel ,the city in which my cllg is situtated doesn't have service center but it is close to kolkata (3hr drive).my home town has service center.

now shud i consider this lappy or not..

i am not considering dell as it is expensive . i may only consider asus lappies other than samsung .

there is no dell service center but dell guys can come and repair . asus has service center.

sandy2kr12

Broken In
guys ms office asking me to purchase to use office application... isn't ms office provided along with win 7 package by samsung..PLZ HELP ME OUT..need yo use ms office for college

sorry guys its not asking to purchase but its asking for product key..where will i get the product key,,is it in the recovery disk i got with the lap ??

ankan

Broken In
^AFAIK, MSOffice doesn't come with the laptop. You get only Windows 7 and samsung software, rest all installed software are trial versions, freeware, etc.

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
Can someone please suggest a stand/cooling pad for it? There was a discussion about them in this thread, but it was long time back and I couldn't find it.
Thanks.

Abhishek Nama

Journeyman
Can someone please suggest a stand/cooling pad for it? There was a discussion about them in this thread, but it was long time back and I couldn't find it.
Thanks.

Cooling Pads/Cooling Stands Price List India: Computer-accessories: Flipkart.com

Buy a CM cooling pad. Choose the one that fits your budget.

Ashish247

Journeyman
Can some of the i5 version users PM me about their experiences with the laptop. I need to confirm if the i5 is really as good as the i7(gaming mainly). From this thread I could make out that the i7 users dont have much problems but couldnt find many i5 users. So if possible please PM me regarding the gaming and overall performance of the laptop.
Also could someone clear my doubts regarding the role of processor in gaming? Does it matter ? Will the i5 or i7 version make a difference? If yes, how much?

Top Bottom