The reason why I got Disconnected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
I want to inform all the members of this forum the reason why i was getting disconnected constantly at regular intervals of 10sec-1minutes.
LOL
Somethings u should know
SNR,SNR margin and Line Attenuation
SNR is the signal to noise ratio required for a stable link at a given speed.
SNR margin is the difference between the actual SNR and the SNR required to run at a given speed.Preferably SNR margin should be 6db and above 10db is recommended.
With higher speed SNR required for a stable connection increases and SNR margin drops.
Lower SNR margin=Lower Stability of connection
Line Attenuation is the interference and increases with distance from exchange.
Now here lies the problem,as u have seen i have posted pics of my downloads getting insane speeds and u guessed it right with higher speeds the SNR margin decreases and the connection becomes unstable and the ADSL link becomes out of sync.
Also sudden noise in the line decreases the SNR margin.
So the culprit is the main BSNL exchange servers which distribute speeds.They are giving speeds which is not possible on the current telephone lines,yes forget about 8Mbps on these telephone lines as the SNR margin would decrease a lot and the connection would become unstable.
We need optical fiber cables for higher speeds.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
This was my issue long ago too. But it went away with a complaint and a rewiring. They must have done something I guess, but I don't know what cause it wasn't on my side ..

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
u wont believe what i had to do to get my SNR right...

Complaining to tele guys didnt help so I had to climb up and strip and retwist the wires from the telephone pole from where dataone phone wires comes.

I installed one of those little things that hold wires by screws so that there is not much effect of carbon on bare twisted wires in open space...
the way 90% wires are at telephone poles in india - like a electrocuted cartoon character's hair.

99% of SNR, and hence freq disconnects, is due to the carbon(or what ever that black gunk is) that deposits on bare copper wires i.e ur tele cable end at the pole.

It is the same issue with tv cable wala's, the forever ongoing war to get clearer cable reception on ur tv. Atleast with cable u can install signal boosters and Y connectors to get most of the problem out.

praka123

left this forum longback
^dude!we dont have telephone poles/posts here!we got cable wired underground upto house wall.there they set up a box with 4-6 points from there only we are getting bfone and dataone.this is for all bsnl customers atleast in my town and state(kerala).so no gain/loss thingy will be there hopefully :)
now here,this months onwards heavy rain and constant lightning happens,i hope underground cables escape the surges. :)

OP
H

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
I have wasted myself a lot in getting my connection fixed.Last 3 days i traveled over 50Km on foot(Not worth driving cars here,roads are very poor).I complained everywhere I could and my connection was restored just after the deadline set by me was over.Someone from the exchange called and told me that my efforts had created a big pain in the ar$ for the BSNL service men.
My connection might become unstable any time.
BTW i have set my modem into its factory default bridge mode now.

I got the disconnection problem started again today.I checked at 2:00am and found that i could not get a static link.The link was stable for only 5 seconds and came and went at regular intervals.
At 4:00am I was having the same problem.At 6:20am i found that link was stable as a rock.All my time wasted.

Last edited:

enticer86

Stay Silent!
Harvik780 said:
I have wasted myself a lot in getting my connection fixed.Last 3 days i traveled over 50Km on foot(Not worth driving cars here,roads are very poor).
did i read this rite:
Harvik780
ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

Boston,Newyork- traveled over 50Km on foot(Not worth driving cars here,roads are very poor). :O

praka123

left this forum longback
^hmm-he seems hesitant to tell where he is in India.thats why may be put boston :D .dont worry,u dont lose any respect if ur from any countryside or city.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
@enticer86 -
it is not decent to point such stuff out. truth or not. esp when it doesnt really relate to the topic of discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom