The Photography Thread

toofan

Technomancer
Its a nice cam. Now start using the manual mode. First read the camera manual's manual mode section. then you can download different books (hope you know how to download).

Or you can aSk cool_G5 and pimpom they can provide you some basic tutorials on how to use manual mode.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
@vaibhav jain....as a kid I always wanted to know what would happen if I did that...
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
just found an old sony cam....one writing the images to a floppy .....it has 10X zoom and is huge.....the battery is dead though.....suggest something cool that can be done with it...

Last edited:

toofan

Technomancer
@ amber : Stuge, Sword Fish are some of those who use DSLR.

@vibhav: two basic funda.
1. For person photography generally the background should be blurr. More the blurr more the image is impressive.
2. For nature(landscapes) photography generally more the depth of field more the impression you produce.

for background blurring use the f stop between 2.8 to 4.0 or something and use as much zoom you can.

for scenery use f stop above 5.

also check cool_G5 blog for blurr efect.
Posted again:
@stuge beautiful again.

vibhav check the depth of field in this image by stuge. You can see the last edge of the building absolutely clear.

and for blurr effect example you can check my this image.

*img134.imageshack.us/img134/4586/rosessa.jpg

Camera Model Name Canon PowerShot SX110 IS
Shooting Date/Time 05/08/2009 9:00:32 AM
Shooting Mode Manual
My Colors Mode Off
Tv (Shutter Speed) 1/13
Av (Aperture Value) 4.3
Light Metering Center Weighted Avg.
ISO Speed 80
Lens 6.0 - 60.0 mm
Focal Length 60.0 mm
Digital Zoom None
IS Mode On
Image Size 3456x2592
Image Quality Superfine
Flash Off

Last edited:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@ vibhav - Don't worry even if you are not able to use manual mode.
First head over to wikipedia & read on terms like Aperture, Shutter Speed, ISO, White Balance, Metering etc.

After that you will be able to make head or tail of my post on Bokeh in simpler words getting a clear foreground image with a fuzzy background.

Krow

Crowman
Toofan : Cool pic, but last time I saw that lake i remember it was dark green and not even remotely blue. :(

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Nice Image Toofan. Composition is spot on & the little boat adds some spice to the already excellent image.

toofan

Technomancer
Thanks friends.

Toofan : Cool pic, but last time I saw that lake i remember it was dark green and not even remotely blue. :(

I tell you a surprising fact about Nainital. It changes its color three time a day sometime.

And I had seen that many times changing form green to blue or green to muddy in just minutes.

Stuge

Youngling
yup ,post processing done (As usual ).like playing with brightness ,contrast etc .Infact I was able to create such an effect,as I selected the wrong white balance .

D

Deleted member 26636

@stuge....if you don't mind can you please post a hi-res of your image...it looks great.

Top Bottom