The Photography Thread

toofan

Technomancer
Gangsta: 1st one is awesome take. why

1. Its totally separated from the bg.
2. The colors are contrasting and supporting the flower to pop out.

Last one is also somewhat Isolated from Background but.
1. Not focused properly. Its a bit soft.
2. the yellow color of flower is matching the yellow tone of leaves. If you have a sharp focus then it would have looked Isolated.

In first Image there is a twig moving across the flower in upper left part. Its a bit distracting and can be removed from composition easily while shooting.

jagg89

RoCk N' RoLL
some more shots..

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4148/5163582827_a06688a775_z.jpg

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4047/5163475199_48bf6a406d_z.jpg

prakhar18

Broken In
hey hey guys learn adobe photoshop. where can i do so in NCR preferably in Noida or Ghaziabad? i want a short term course. Max 6 months.

plz suggest me the course and the institute

toofan

Technomancer
download a book form net and there are thousands of websites available.

Its a 1 month course and Rs 500.00 in my city why waste money for such easy software.

toofan

Technomancer
search you tube. I am sure you will get lots and lots of material. Don;t waste money in Institutes if you don't have to make the photoediting your profession.

See photoshop is very very vast software and it can be used for creating many things.
You don't need that. You only need is how to enhance your photographs. So a basic knowledge of tools is ok.

you would be using only 5 or 6 tools in photoshop so it will be easy to learn these. After sometime you will make a work flow of yourself and don't even think of other options. And all that can be done on any free software easily.

What I do in photoshop?
1. Levels
2. curves
3. cropping.
4. noise removal.
5. vibrance/saturation tool sometime as per requirement.
6. b/w tool if required
7. resizing.
8. sharpening.

Finished.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Hi guys, I'm planning to upgrade my Cybershot W130, I'm thinking of Panasonic Lumix FZ35/38. Is there a better alternative or Should I settle for FZ35/38.

Right now I can't spend more than 15-16K on this as I have other purchase plans as well :p
So I'm thinking of getting it from Grey market.

Currently I stay at Vellore, Tamil Nadu. So I Prefer purchasing from either Chennai or Bangalore. But I have no idea regarding location of shops to look for. I would be glad if someone could update the price and where to buy this Camera from :)

toofan

Technomancer
If you have a sony P & S then there is no point in buying another one. Just stick to it. Save some money and then you could buy a DSLR for around 22 to 23 k with lens for the optimum quality and speed.

Stuge

Youngling
*farm6.static.flickr.com/5250/5226779555_fa2977f8c2_z.jpg
this is kind of Straight out of camera ,Very little post processing done using picnik online software (using desktop's dark monitor .So,no clue whether picture looks ok or not

eagle_y2j

Youngling
*snapshots.techiemonk.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/basil.jpg
Holy Basil with Sony DSC H55

*snapshots.techiemonk.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/kuumar.jpg
Local Name of Flower Kummar :)

Last edited:
OP
INS-ANI

INS-ANI

In the zone
I guess many of you may be aware of it, but here's a firmware enhancement (CHDK) for canon series.
Please read the link below to know more, also see the image displayed on the page..they r too good to be taken from a point and shoot camera.
Using the Canon Hack Development Kit-IEEE Spectrum

Just by loading CHDK, you'll be able to coax things out of your camera that you couldn't before—saving RAW images, for example, or getting the LCD to display the battery voltage or live histograms of pixel brightness before you shoot. But the real power of CHDK comes from its ability to run scripts on your camera. You can write your own or install ones that others have posted on the CHDK wiki.

Know more about CHDK here:
CHDK Wiki

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
If you have a sony P & S then there is no point in buying another one. Just stick to it. Save some money and then you could buy a DSLR for around 22 to 23 k with lens for the optimum quality and speed.

Actually I live in a hostel now and I have to get a cam for myself. Hence the purchase :)

Stuge

Youngling
*farm6.static.flickr.com/5123/5232827679_fdde9e2403_z.jpg

Weather in Munnar was crazy(well it was crazy throughout the trip
hheeh) .it was foggy and cloudy(with sick spells of rains :| )throughout D/N .So,didn't get much chance to shoot star trails .

wanted to crop the tree on the right (unfocused ) ,but left it to give a wide look .

toofan

Technomancer
Stuge: last one is a cracker. Some details how you took that. From where you get that much of light on trees. Excellent take.

Tri color is also good.

Stuge

Youngling
*farm6.static.flickr.com/5084/5238228678_5a37b2b5a3_z.jpg

want fresh tea ??
b/y Polariser + GND 0.9 + 0.3

light =Street light

camera was plast on tripod and It was taken in blub mode .
f3.5 ,67 sec ,focal length=10mm,iso 1600

Top Bottom