Xiaomi launches MIUI 7

Xiaomi launches MIUI 7: Find out what's new – Tech2

*tech.firstpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/miui7_devices.jpg

setanjan123

In the zone
Xiaomi launches MIUI 7

*tech.firstpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/miui7_devices.jpg

Yes Yes Been waiting for an official lollipop ROM for a long time . Still running JB . Been too lazy to try out Custom ROMs :mrgreen:

tkin

Back to school!!
Yes Yes Been waiting for an official lollipop ROM for a long time . Still running JB . Been too lazy to try out Custom ROMs :mrgreen:
Not for all: (Check here) Which Device Get MIUI 7 Kitkat or Lollipop - MIUI General - Xiaomi MIUI Official Forum :p

setanjan123

In the zone
Not for all: (Check here) Which Device Get MIUI 7 Kitkat or Lollipop - MIUI General - Xiaomi MIUI Official Forum :p
Darn. Still it's something lol. Gonna get a custom ROM one of these days though. Just too lazy to back up all my apps although all it would take is a click

$hadow

Geek in making
Not to bad. You won't feel a lot of difference in the UI. Plus I always found kitkat to be far more stable than lollipop

potatoboy

Broken In
Greetings!

This is a small question and I'm not sure if it belongs here, so please bear with me!

I was thinking of selling off my current phone and go for a Redmi 2. Current phone - A Micromax Unite 2 that does not have space for more than 3 apps after updating it to Android Lollipop(All apps and updates are installed onto some 850mb internal memory and not the 8GB phone memory). Is the switch worth it? Does the Redmi 2 have the same storage problem?

fluster84

Right off the assembly line
Greetings!

This is a small question and I'm not sure if it belongs here, so please bear with me!

I was thinking of selling off my current phone and go for a Redmi 2. Current phone - A Micromax Unite 2 that does not have space for more than 3 apps after updating it to Android Lollipop(All apps and updates are installed onto some 850mb internal memory and not the 8GB phone memory). Is the switch worth it? Does the Redmi 2 have the same storage problem?

Imo it is worth the switch. The Redmi 2 is available in 8GB/16GB internal storage + expandable with SDcard. That much internal memory should be enough for apps plus a few games. In any case, if needed you can always use the app called Link2SD to move app data to your external sdcard. I have used the Redmi 1S before and did not face any storage problems. The Redmi 2 (especially the 2GB RAM version) is an awesome phone for the price so go for it without hesitation.

- - - Updated - - -

Xiaomi launches MIUI 7

Too bad only MIUI7 KK is available for my Mi4 and Redmi 1S. I wanted to see if MIUI on Lollipop would make much difference.

potatoboy

Broken In
Imo it is worth the switch. The Redmi 2 is available in 8GB/16GB internal storage + expandable with SDcard. That much internal memory should be enough for apps plus a few games. In any case, if needed you can always use the app called Link2SD to move app data to your external sdcard. I have used the Redmi 1S before and did not face any storage problems. The Redmi 2 (especially the 2GB RAM version) is an awesome phone for the price so go for it without hesitation.

- - - Updated - - -

Too bad only MIUI7 KK is available for my Mi4 and Redmi 1S. I wanted to see if MIUI on Lollipop would make much difference.

I see. But I'm also kind of interested in the Moto E, mainly because I have a feeling it'll last much longer than either the Redmi or my current phone(by long I mean at least 2-3 years!) for now I'll sit still and try to steal...erm.. earn some more money so that I can increase budget ;)

saifi2649

Broken In
Any idea guys when Redmi 2 Prime is going to available again on Flipkart? i am waiting from last 6 days to get it from flipkart only because i have some egv to pay

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
No xiomi..
Their build quality sucks big time..

Not one but three of my friends screen got cracked.. Just by mere pressure in Mumbai locals

Gollum

Collector
No xiomi..

Not one but three of my friends screen got cracked.. Just by mere pressure in Mumbai locals
Really?
Its a gorilla glass right? It must have been a pretty high bone crunching pressure to crack the screen.

I personally find their physical build quality to be good.

KayKashyap

Journeyman
No xiomi..

even the GOOGLE NEXUS 5 screen cracks with the same pressure.
Gorilla glass is scratch resistant but not Crack resistant.

$hadow

Geek in making
Really?
Its a gorilla glass right? It must have been a pretty high bone crunching pressure to crack the screen.

I personally find their physical build quality to be good.

I am using redmi 2 without a case or a screen guard for more than 2 months now and I am yet to see a single scratch in the phone.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Guys, do u have IMEI printed on Xiaomi phones invoice copy ?

I ordered Redmi 2 prime and went to service center due to heating issue..but the Service center is not entertaining saying that IMEI is not printed on invoice.

I tried calling to Mi India helpling number but its not dialing in :(

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Guys, do u have IMEI printed on Xiaomi phones invoice copy ?

I ordered Redmi 2 prime and went to service center due to heating issue..but the Service center is not entertaining saying that IMEI is not printed on invoice.

I tried calling to Mi India helpling number but its not dialing in :(

If you have the box, take it along with you. Meanwhile, shoot an email to Xiaomi India CC.

kevz22

crazy techie
No xiomi..

After exactly 6 major drops and more than a dozen minor ones, my Mi3 is still going strong WITHOUT any screen guard or case. Shouldn't be generalized.

Top Bottom