The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Not using any case. Just front and back screen guard bought from online..not any particular brand. As of roms, using stock. As kernel source is not yet released, so performance might be bad than the stock one, What about you?
Dual booting with CM11 and MIUI... Though I predominantly use CM11... Using a tempered glass and a flip cover (Apple smart cover type)...:)
I do wish they release the kernel source...

OP
sandynator

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Damn... I bought it a couple of days ago at the inflated price... Its still not been delivered... Should I claim a refund from Amazon??? Do they help in such matters???
Cancel it upfront.
Incase it arrives do not accept it & call customer care mentioning it at same time.

No worries amazon service is better if its fulfilled by amazon.
I had returned a watch & got the amount credited back by the end of 2nd day after pick up.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Cancel it upfront.
Incase it arrives do not accept it & call customer care mentioning it at same time.

No worries amazon service is better if its fulfilled by amazon.
I had returned a watch & got the amount credited back by the end of 2nd day after pick up.
Let's see... Actually, it's for my sis and since she urgently needs a mobile, will have to consult her!!!

Limitless

Journeyman
My friend just got mi4,I don't know much about miui updates is lollipop available or still kitkat?
and please suggest a good screen guard for mi4 :)

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Updated from 45 to 56. Then updated from 56 to 6.6.1.0. Phone is stuck on bootscreen :p.

Trying to recover it.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Does it wipe all data if updating from v5?

No. A couple of settings get reset like privacy settings i.e. which all apps have been marked to ask pass before opening, nothing serious though.

Overall, it's a refreshing change, and it's much much smoother now.

Many required options are a welcome change for ex- call/sms pref for any particular SIM; earlier it asked every time you dialed a no.

Some things have been left out for ex the lock-screen earlier provided options to open messaging or dialer directly, which is now restricted to camera only. Plus, the app drawer had option to go to other toggles, now there are fixed 9 toggles, which can be just replaced with other toggles. But I normally require more than 9 which troubles me.

Overall, it's a must update. But you have to first update to v56, then only it'll show MiUI v6.6 update.

- - - Updated - - -

One more thing, it unroots the phone, and I guess the older root method doesn't work for this. :-x

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
No. A couple of settings get reset like privacy settings i.e. which all apps have been marked to ask pass before opening, nothing serious though.

Many required options are a welcome change for ex- call/sms pref for any particular SIM; earlier it asked every time you dialed a no.

Some things have been left out for ex the lock-screen earlier provided options to open messaging or dialer directly, which is now restricted to camera only. Plus, the app drawer had option to go to other toggles, now there are fixed 9 toggles, which can be just replaced with other toggles. But I normally require more than 9 which troubles me.

Overall, it's a must update. But you have to first update to v56, then only it'll show MiUI v6.6 update.

- - - Updated - - -

One more thing, it unroots the phone, and I guess the older root method doesn't work for this. :-x

Ok, so basically, no reason to switch from paranoid android to MIUI back. :high5:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

- - - Updated - - -

its beta or final build of v6 ?
initially it was beta build

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything

I was finally able to install miui 6.6.1.0.
You can root it by following [Device Team] Easiest way to root Redmi 1S with MIUI 6 Global ROM by MI-Recovery - Redmi 1S - Xiaomi MIUI Official Forum this method.
I did that.

My antutu score is only 16422. Can you please check yours?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Ok, so basically, no reason to switch from paranoid android to MIUI back. :high5:

Well, if you compare it with MiUI v5, then no, there are many reasons to switch.

Counting:

- the overall UI seems a refreshing change.
- swapping between apps has become much smoother now.
- free RAM is also higher, only a bit though, may be 10% (at least in my case)
- every things seems to be smoother now
- a couple of features here and there are added for better UX

If you ask a reason not to switch to v6, then that'll be in only 1 case, when one doesn't like MiUI in the first case.

its beta or final build of v6 ?
initially it was beta build

Should be final build. Makes no sense that a beta build will be pushed as OTA.

Anyone got a zip for Redmi 1S stock recovery? My phone is one TWRP, and so I cannot update to v56.

IIRC I had also flashed TWRP but my phone was still able to update through OTA. However, in mid of updates, my recovery got reverted to stock (I never realised till now)

Top Bottom