The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
I've flashed this on dad's redmi 1s:
[ROM] [4.4.4] [UNOFFICIAL] ParanoidAndroid 4… | Xiaomi Redmi 1S | XDA Forums

GAPPS:
[GAPPS][CLOSED][4.4.4] PA-GOOGLE APPS (All R… | Paranoid Android | XDA Forums

To fix overheating, underclock the CPU to 1.2-1.3 GHz using No Frillz CPU control.

No Frillz CPU Control doesn't work. I'm on 1.19GHz and it's still overheating like before.
Anything else?

I think there are plenty of options for redmi now
Check its subsection on XDA
With custom kernels people are getting 5 hours + sot and so on
From what I have read the "xcelerate". Kernel seems to be the one that gives good efficiency,
Wanted to test it myself, but sis has become a big fan of miui and its themes... Women!
Will look into that.

You should give paranoid a shot. I love that rom.
CM11 feels great to me. Don't think I'll move to another ROM soon.

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Yep. Will flashing kernels work in any way?

Well I cant say for sure but you should be able to control your cpu frequencies after flashing custom kernel
But for redmi you need to flash cyanogen mod or other custom roms too, I don't think there is a kernel that's useable with native rom
It's pretty easy to revert back to original rom if you want to
It's better to flash and see how it pans out for you

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Well I cant say for sure but you should be able to control your cpu frequencies after flashing custom kernel
But for redmi you need to flash cyanogen mod or other custom roms too, I don't think there is a kernel that's useable with native rom
It's pretty easy to revert back to original rom if you want to
It's better to flash and see how it pans out for you
I'm already on CM11.
Yes, you can increase battery life by just selecting smartass 2 CPU scheduler.
Am I missing something here?
Kernel is a different story all together. CM already has it's kernel.
But it isn't helping me with the overheating :(

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
I'm already on CM11.

dude, go to xda and try the xcelerate kernel, read the thread about it ,i think you should be able to get some kind of solution, it has optimised a lot of parameters, i have seen people posting images of heavely underclocked cpus
they are using another app called synapse to change the parameters , so you will have to go through the last few pages to find the settings others are using
since i dont own the device , i cant say for sure , it will all work ,so the only way for you to find out is to try out the options on XDA, or ask around that forum, there is QnA thread
bear in mind to read and find out what to do and what not to do

$hadow

Geek in making
^^Give this kernel a shot [KERNEL] Xcelerate™ [CM11/12][Synapse][Upda… | Xiaomi Redmi 1S | XDA Forums.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys I found that whenever I play music on my Redmi1s the phone seems to vibrate. Is that problem with the phone or some settings?

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
dude, go to xda and try the xcelerate kernel, read the thread about it ,i think you should be able to get some kind of solution, it has optimised a lot of parameters, i have seen people posting images of heavely underclocked cpus
they are using another app called synapse to change the parameters , so you will have to go through the last few pages to find the settings others are using
since i dont own the device , i cant say for sure , it will all work ,so the only way for you to find out is to try out the options on XDA, or ask around that forum, there is QnA thread
bear in mind to read and find out what to do and what not to do

^^Give this kernel a shot [KERNEL] Xcelerate™ [CM11/12][Synapse][Upda… | Xiaomi Redmi 1S | XDA Forums.
Flashed it. Crashed my phone. Luckily I had made a backup. Dont know why. Also I am on stock CPU speed and surprisingly its heating less! :shock:
Yep.. Xiaomi devices are no longer flipkart exclusive.. They are available at snapdeal and Amazon as well.
offline as well! :p

Top Bottom