The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Looks like the Mi3 seems perfect only on paper.

I mainly use my phone as a music player. Mi3 seems to have only a mediocre speaker. Moreover, Mi3's audio output is bad too, so even if I connect a pair of headphones, the sound will be bad. This is a major deal breaker for me. Also, Sony's clear audio+ and Bravia mobile engine 2 are indispensable.

Meanwhile, Mi3 is useless for my dad too. He'll be in noisy places most of the time but the ringing sound of Mi3 is below average. This is where the Moto G shines.

Maybe the Mi3 is good for mobile gamers but it is just not good enough for me.

solanky

Broken In
What is the source for 1.5 lacs Redmi news?

Guys, I want to use this phone (Redmi) as my primary device. This would be my first smartphone. I need it for casual surfing, music, whatsapp and gaming (rarely). Should I go for this? The updates have reduced crashing issues and heating issue is normal or extreme?
Mine is working perfectly after update to v43 ROM. No heating. Can't say about games as I don't play.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Guys need some urgent help. How do i convince my bro that redmi 1s is superb as a phone? He's like no you cant buy that.

- - - Updated - - -

ordered one redmi for sis, and surprisingly its still in stock, losing its charm?
1500k units on sale today!

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Looks like the Mi3 seems perfect only on paper.

I mainly use my phone as a music player. Mi3 seems to have only a mediocre speaker. Moreover, Mi3's audio output is bad too, so even if I connect a pair of headphones, the sound will be bad. This is a major deal breaker for me. Also, Sony's clear audio+ and Bravia mobile engine 2 are indispensable.

Meanwhile, Mi3 is useless for my dad too. He'll be in noisy places most of the time but the ringing sound of Mi3 is below average. This is where the Moto G shines.

Maybe the Mi3 is good for mobile gamers but it is just not good enough for me.
Well im using mi3 along with mipistons and im not having any problems with sound output with the headphones,in fact i rarely raise the volume above the level ,at which shows the warning prompt, you have to turn on the dirac optimization to get optimum output, but if you are trying to connect it to a speaker system or over the ear heaphpnes etc then i think the phone has a problem..this phone wont be able to drive it much, tried connecting it to the audio system and also my sennheiser, wasnt satisfactory, but i have heard there is a mod called viper mod which could solve the audio issues
Speaker seems ok and the sound output is regular, but i prefer to use vibration mode in noisy situations anyway,

- - - Updated - - -

Guys need some urgent help. How do i convince my bro that redmi 1s is superb as a phone? He's like no you cant buy that.

- - - Updated - - -

1500k units on sale today!

yeah i know , still by the usual timing of it should have been OOS by now :p

Well at this price point you have to lay out the specs to him,and the price ,best is to compare it to moto g same specs but better camera ,and half the price everyones complain was the heating issue which they have addressed with the recent software update

OP
sandynator

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Error 500 Server Error

Finally succeeded in getting one more for friends wife...

Gets yours quickly.... Just the page crashes a lot .
could add up in cart easily but took almost 40 mins to make final payment

Last edited:

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Well im using mi3 along with mipistons and im not having any problems with sound output with the headphones,in fact i rarely raise the volume above the level ,at which shows the warning prompt, you have to turn on the dirac optimization to get optimum output, but if you are trying to connect it to a speaker system or over the ear heaphpnes etc then i think the phone has a problem..this phone wont be able to drive it much, tried connecting it to the audio system and also my sennheiser, wasnt satisfactory, but i have heard there is a mod called viper mod which could solve the audio issues
Speaker seems ok and the sound output is regular, but i prefer to use vibration mode in noisy situations anyway,

The point is not about problems. It's about quality. Mi3's sound output is nowhere near comparison to Moto G and my Xperia ZR. I checked GSM review on this.
Also, the screen's brightness level is below average, making under sunlight use difficult.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
*puu.sh/c1jSw/dce220b45e.png
[MENTION=125993]Alien[/MENTION] wins. :) I'll place the order soon. Please message me your details again as I cleared my inbox which was full.

Top Bottom