The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

OP
sandynator

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Guys by rooting RedMi 1s will I be able to transfer all apps & their data to SD card??

Just came across foll. video to root Redmi 1s. is it applicable for all roms?

Played with my friends redmi 1s for over 2hrs.. It's not as good as I expected. I own a moto e

1s's Battery drains like hell.. Mobile was on 2g.. After 2½ hrs of continuous usage battery dropped from 78% to 19% !!!!... Brightness was set to auto..

Pros
1. GPS performance is good.
2. Screen clarity is good but too reflective.
3. MiUi is refreshing.
4. Camera (both audio and video) quality is ok, completely acceptable for the price you pay for.
5. No issues with signal reception or call quality.
6. Touch sensitivity is good.

Cons
1. Heating issue exists, as we all know gets hot near flash. If used outdoors device heats up a lot.
2. Screen brightness could have been better, I mean if u put it zero u literally can't see anything, so minimum you have to keep it at 30%, hence battery drains quicker.
3. Camera app crashes a lot, crashed around 4-5 times in half an hour.
4. While shooting 1080p vids it lagged like hell, and the stutters were even visible in the actual video. But no issues with 720p vids.
5. Performance could have been better for a SD 400 chipset.

I compared app opening speeds of various apps with my moto e (2½ months old 50+ apps installed), but to my surprise being a dual core device moto e matched neck to neck.

Couldn't test any games as there were no games installed on the device.

Overall a good buy for 6k, performance and battery could have been better, may be some issues are software related and can be fixed.

Last edited:

rdx_halo

In the zone
BTW, is there any chance to get the updated version of miui in India? Although I like the current version, which has no bugs.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Im not sure how many will agree with me, but the MIUI home screen is just horrible. settings/menu is okay. my sis-in-law has issues getting used to it, now switched to Aviate and she says its more productive.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Im not sure how many will agree with me, but the MIUI home screen is just horrible. settings/menu is okay. my sis-in-law has issues getting used to it, now switched to Aviate and she says its more productive.

Yes, the lack of "menu" system is something which takes time to get used to.

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Try flashing aosp, the audio seems to be fine with that rom, don't know what's the status with miui 6,I don't really use video recording, yet to pursue the solution

emailvarunchandak

In the zone
Try flashing aosp, the audio seems to be fine with that rom, don't know what's the status with miui 6,I don't really use video recording, yet to pursue the solution

earlier this was not an issue at all.... the audio was clear as it could be.... dunno what happened now.... Shall I re-upgrade to v23 again ??? I don't want to lose all my settings and apps, etc... thats y i don't want to go flashing AOSP. :(

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
What version are you on? I'm on v23 and I still have the static noise

- - - Updated - - -

*en.miui.com/thread-46610-1-1.html
This is cyanogenmod for redmi posted official in miui forum and was shares on Facebook too, anyone tried this?

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
I tried this guide [GUIDE][Xiaomi Redmi 1S] Solve heating issues, Ram Issues and Battery Problems - Redmi 1S - MIUI Official Community and it seems to solve the heating issue. I'm also getting 350MB of free ram after cleaning memory.

TheHumanBot

Padawan
^ thanks for posting the link mate. total newbie i am not much affected by heating or low ram issues. but gonna try that :D

done! :lol: rooted now.

Last edited:
OP
sandynator

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Guys will Aluminum back case be useful for redmi 1s ?? I've got silicon transparent case for time-being but I guess the phone will get more hot due to it.

Which case will be ideal for protection as well as to keep the heat down?

Top Bottom