The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

SunE

Professional Newbie
I ordered the Nillkin tempered glass screen protector from the link someone posted a few pages back in this thread along with the same product for my Nexus 5 as well from eBay.com. The seller has already shipped the item from HK and I should get it in 2-3 weeks.

As for case I think my dad would prefer the official flip cover itself in black so I'll be getting that.

The official screen guard that's listed is of the clear type and not matte finish.

@HeadBanger I thought the sound quality was quite decent. Make sure to tweak the Dirac audio settings until you find something that suits you.

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Well the customer care has asked me to wait 7-10 days as the item is currently out of stock or I can take a full refund
Well I replied I'll wait till Aug 5 when the next sale is happening, but they are yet to reply

Btw the original accessories from MI are showing out of stock!! Was it even on sale to begin with!? I'm pretty sure it wasn't today morning I had them on the wishlist

And all those who bough the phone, please check and turn off NFC , it's turned on by default

Esoteric Eric

Journeyman
Should I consider it over moto g??

Assuming they have left any, now that the last one was taken by [MENTION=142364]elafanto[/MENTION], so in theory, you should. Especially if you do not mind the non-removable battery and non-expandable memory.

And as a side note, do not compare the Mi3 to the Moto G. They are in a completely different league. The only similarity is their price tag. The similarity stops dead there.

That Mi3 is a flagship at a throwaway price. That's what it is. So, consider accordingly. You can also look into Zenfone 5 if you fail to buy the Mi3. The only concern would be x86 architecture and service network in your area. Good Luck.

Last edited:

emailvarunchandak

In the zone
Well the customer care has asked me to wait 7-10 days as the item is currently out of stock or I can take a full refund
Well I replied I'll wait till Aug 5 when the next sale is happening, but they are yet to reply

Btw the original accessories from MI are showing out of stock!! Was it even on sale to begin with!? I'm pretty sure it wasn't today morning I had them on the wishlist

And all those who bough the phone, please check and turn off NFC , it's turned on by default

All the accessories are out of stock even before being put on sale :-?

Stupid Flipkart ! :mad:

Esoteric Eric

Journeyman
I don't know if it's a MI3 Bug, or a MIUI bug or it's just me! :-(
What I experienced is that when I turn off the screen, any notifications having to do with data/wifi connectivity (Gmail, Hangouts, WhatsApp) are disabled(in my case). It seems like there's some sort of settings which disable always on data/wifi connectivity when the screen is off for a certain period of time. Am I missing a particular setting here, or is it a bug, or what?!

Has anyone of you guys bought MI3 have this issue ??

My battery mode is Conserve

That has already been discussed in the MIUI forums. Now if you spend some time looking into those threads, you might find a solution. I admit there are many kinks that need to straightened out. I'd have been able to help out better had the stock lasted yesterday when I logged in to buy, but as you know, crap happens. So Mi4 it is, or the OnePlus One :twisted:

[YOUTUBE]1qtpOE930ZI[/YOUTUBE]

SunE

Professional Newbie
Hey the accessories have simply been listed. They never went for sale. Wait for 2-3 days, I think they will start selling soon.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Sound is good,with plenty plenty truck loads a details and it has got a firm grip over the mysic , won't let anything any frequency to standout and grab attention or neither loose focus. Will comment more after I go through more generes.

Turn Dirac off and listen with EQ at Flat. And ofcourse good IEMs, I used the trusted Sleek Audio SA6.

A word of caution. Xiaomi secretly sending your info to Chinese servers - GSMArena Blog
I am not sure as whether this is true, but hope more info will come out in time
Same news in digit.in also: Xiaomi phones covertly send user data to China: report | Digit.in

Minion

Conversation Architect
What I experienced is that when I turn off the screen, any notifications having to do with data/wifi connectivity (Gmail, Hangouts, WhatsApp) are disabled(in my case). It seems like there's some sort of settings which disable always on data/wifi connectivity when the screen is off for a certain period of time. Am I missing a particular setting here, or is it a bug, or what?!

I am not sure but this may be due to battery saver setting which disable wifi,internet and apps sync.

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Everything is locked down as of now..
Bootloader, kernel etc... If we could manage to get couple of good developers for the phone we might be able to reverse engineer stuff. But with xda refusing to provide a platform our only hope is for xiaomi releasing sources eventually.. I do believe this phone can be optimized to be a lot better.. Was checking cpu-z and found the governor to be interactive.. That's one thing that can be improved upon

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Teardown: The Xiaomi Mi4 China Unicom Edition | GizmoChina – China Phones, Tablets , Gadgets News And Review

This phone looks gorgeous I so want this now!!
Isn't about time we started a thread for mi4 :p

ankush28

Bazinga

turn off battery savers. Check if you have disabled the background data!
Or you are using greenify/task killers? (immediately uninstall that sh!t)

I dont have much experiance of using latest MiUI so cant help more :)

sushovan

In the zone
Everything is locked down as of now..
Bootloader, kernel etc... If we could manage to get couple of good developers for the phone we might be able to reverse engineer stuff. But with xda refusing to provide a platform our only hope is for xiaomi releasing sources eventually.. I do believe this phone can be optimized to be a lot better.. Was checking cpu-z and found the governor to be interactive.. That's one thing that can be improved upon

They only released sources of Mi2 after Mi3 launched and that too after thousands of petitions. This time same thing needs to be done cause this beast has all the potential to run every rom thrown at it and its stuck with MIUI :/

elafanto

Journeyman
And MOTO feels the flame, Now get MOTO G at Rs. 11999 here a shopping forum Exclusive Offer On Moto G Flat Rs. 2000 OFF Buy 8 GB at Rs. 10499 | 16 GB at Rs. 11999 from Flipkart | Online Shopping Deals Forum | Best Deals | Top Deals

Top Bottom