The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
No doubt this phone is good,But no matter what with time you will get bored with MiUi and you probably won't get the taste of android L too which will surely be better than MiUi.
Also give it some time wait for 2-3 months, still peope face problems with this phone get to know about the service and then probably get this phone.
Motorolla might even release a moto g2 etc which will be better than this.
On the other hand,Android One would release in about 3 months.

pranjal.3029

Colossus of Stars
Motorolla might even release a moto g2 etc which will be better than this.
On the other hand,Android One would release in about 3 months.

And Mi4 also...I am hoping that by the time they release it in India, their ASS will get better or the initial reviews atleast will clear the image of their quality of service.

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
my fingers are crossed for this mobile.... lets see the durability of the product and how well it's able to handle the hot , humid and dusty climate of the country...
BTW is anyone here planning to buy this moblie??

Chetan1991

Youngling
I'm cursing myself for buying Xperia SP. Should I sell it for the MI3?
I would like some future proofing, i.e. chipset that can handle new apps and multitasking for more than a year, and camera with image stabilization.
The raw specs are so mouth watering but how is the actual experience of using it? My Xperia SP has been smooth and flawless so far.

pranjal.3029

Colossus of Stars
I'm cursing myself for buying Xperia SP. Should I sell it for the MI3?
I would like some future proofing, i.e. chipset that can handle new apps and multitasking for more than a year, and camera with image stabilization.
The raw specs are so mouth watering but how is the actual experience of using it? My Xperia SP has been smooth and flawless so far.

For that you will have to learn some mandarin and head over to some chinese forum!

Chetan1991

Youngling
Or maybe just wait for people to buy the phone and post reviews. BTW how is resale value of Xperia mobiles? Mine is brand new but no warranty.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
lol, this phone seems to have better specs than my Nexus 5?? Seems a good phone for the price.

Vipin-Couponhaat

New to this forum
Getting ready for purchasing myself an Mi 3 as soon as I can :)

Getting really tired of these expensive phones that always get some kind of a problem after the first year.

sushovan

In the zone
Xiaomi doesn't release kernel sources, so development for Mi3 is practically nill in case of Aftermarket roms like CM, Omni, Paranoid etc.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Or maybe just wait for people to buy the phone and post reviews. BTW how is resale value of Xperia mobiles? Mine is brand new but no warranty.

I'm getting 11k for X.L NO WARRANTY as per Ouikr

- - - Updated - - -

XDA Will not support MI3 no matter what (Atleast that's what itlooks like)

That is not how the GPL laws work. There is no more or less or when they are ready to update to a new device. As long as they follow this and not follow the gpl laws like everyone else then I am sorry to say that it will most likely not happen. This company has enough issues with the Dev community as is. They should be posting all the kernel source "unedited" and with the proper authorship still intact.
VIA zelendel moderator @ XDA

Check the device forum requests in xda for more

sushovan

In the zone
Xiaomi Mi3 Will suffer the same fate as the Gionee E7, both being incredible phones but falling flat on development area simply due to their manufacturers refusing to release sources. Although Xiaomi still has the upper hand on Pricing though.

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
hugo barrera has replied to someone's query on facebook regarding Android L he has said that they will get it to eventually..so we can assume android L is in the pipeline

DiD anyone get the priority pass?
i guess i was late to join the facebook page :/

EDIT
on Another note i have not seen the touch screen listed as gorilla glass 3 in any official listing..
there is no mention of it on gsm arena or even in tech spec section and on flipkart listing nor in the corning glass website...
the places where it is mentioned as the same are mainly reviews and that fb link i posted earlier

that is a bit of worry :/

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^
Xiaomi MI-3 hands-on - GSMArena Blog

The Xiaomi MI-3 follows the current Android trend with a 5″ 1080p screen, which is protected by Gorilla Glass. Xiaomi uses IPS displays from Sharp or LG and the capacitive sensor can detect touches through gloves. Below the screen are three capacitive keys – Menu, Home and Back – but again, Xiaomi uses a custom software that’s optimized for this setup.

the lower end Redmi 1S got gorilla glass, so why won't they use it too on their flagship?

abracadabra

Journeyman
On their product page it doesnt mention Gorilla Glass be it the Chinese, MY, SNG, PH, HK, IN! So most of what floats on the internet is an assumption, as other flagships have, so too does this one! Again I'm speculating

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
On their product page it doesnt mention Gorilla Glass be it the Chinese, MY, SNG, PH, HK, IN! So most of what floats on the internet is an assumption, as other flagships have, so too does this one! Again I'm speculating

Corning Gorilla glass is a brand... Just a brand that sells alkali-aluminosilicate sheet toughened glass... Anyone can make that glass... iPhones don't use Gorilla glass... they have their own suppliers making similar glass.

abracadabra

Journeyman
[MENTION=112667]AndroidFan[/MENTION], Do you even realise what you wrote?

I'm aware what Corning Gorilla Glass is! What my point was that Xiaomi MI3 does not feature a corning gorilla glass display and far from any official word on that! Its not mentioned on their websites where ever they have released their phone till date! So Corning is not the manufacturer for MI3 its some other OEM!

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Gorilla glass , Dragontail(used in xperia and in mi2) etc are all super strong glass perhaps the way they make it strong might differ...iphone uses their own i think
if someone else makes it then thats...it..i dont really think its something to fret over too much
..its a good thing if we have it.if not.get a tempered glass protector that should take care of it for everyone

rajiv_2014

Right off the assembly line
Hi, can anyone please tell when will Xiaomi start selling Redmi 1S and Redmi note in India? will they do in August? or later?
I plan to buy one of them ...

Top Bottom