The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

OP
sandynator

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
In India we seriously need better phone under 10k.
A.S.S is also important aspect.

Would love to see Xiaomi's reply to Asus Zenfone5...

pranjal.3029

Colossus of Stars
Hold your horses people, the mighty gets mightier

Xiaomi to unveil Mi 4 on July 22

That's exactly what made me postpone my idea of buying Mi3. They just need to launch it fast and under 20k to beat each and everyone!! I couldn't care less for iPhones. Moto X seemed my choice but Xiaomi just blew it all!

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
The phone is spec wise nice..but it is a pretty much locked down phone with Zero developer support from xda ,as they havent released the kernel sources so no cyanogen Mod and other goodies
though their latest MIUI is based on kitkat
you might be getting a device specced similar to Nexus 5 but not the experience..
Though at 15k i doubt these would matter.. im hoping to get hold of one.. was planning to get a G2 from uae for around 22k but this made me drop it..im still debating though :confused:

setanjan123

In the zone
Really want to get this phone. 15k may be stretching my budget a bit but the specs make me drool :D Im just worried about warranty and After sales support and also the fact that ive never bought somethng so expensive onl9. But i guess i'm not taking any more risk than if i buy a micromax or xolo. In fact the phone might be much better. Will be eagerly waiting for honest reviews. :)

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Well so far the queries regarding ASS has been conveniently ignored in their facebook page..
I suppose the most we can expect might be some online service centre.. if you are worried about warranty and longevity i dont know if this is really the phone anyone should be betting on

Xolo and micromax has now more service centres in places over india..Even my town has :/

Here is another review
Xiaomi Mi 3: A phone the world should know by name

Xiaomi Mi3 16GB Snapdragon 800 Phone Review English (chinamobilemag.com) - YouTube

and this is single Mini SIM i guess

Last edited:

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
Well so far the queries regarding ASS has been conveniently ignored in their facebook page..
I suppose the most we can expect might be some online service centre.. if you are worried about warranty and longevity i dont know if this is really the phone anyone should be betting on

Xolo and micromax has now more service centres in places over india..Even my town has :/

Here is another review

Xiaomi Mi3 16GB Snapdragon 800 Phone Review English (chinamobilemag.com) - YouTube

and this is single Mini SIM i guess

Asus has almost PC service Center in almost all Tier -I & Tier -II Cities!
So buying Asus won't be a problem!

pranjal.3029

Colossus of Stars
Xiaomi launches Mi 3 in India for INR 14,999

Asus has almost PC service Center in almost all Tier -I & Tier -II Cities!
So buying Asus won't be a problem!

Umm...who said anything about Asus? He said ASS which is short for After Sales Support which means their warranty, attitude, timely response on queries regarding repair, replacement and also service centres around the country.

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
Umm...who said anything about Asus? He said ASS which is short for After Sales Support which means their warranty, attitude, timely response on queries regarding repair, replacement and also service centres around the country.

Srry I was just enlightening about Asus Zenphone ASS!

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Xiaomi teases Redmi 1S and Redmi Note launch in India on July 15

if they launch it at chinese prices like 8k and 10k respectively then not that much exciting as mi3 is as it will face tough competition from zenphone 5 with Asus having upper hand at brand value and ASS

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Hey, guys...
Do Xiaomi have a good tablet too???
Have got tired of my iPad mini... :-(

- - - Updated - - -

So, just realized that they have a beast of a tablet called the Xiaomi Mi Pad 7.9...

Hope they release that in India as well... Just look at its specs and competitive pricing!!! :cool:

Top Bottom