The Official Windows 7 Discussion Thread

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
hey guys....

i am using windows 7 32bit.... today my pc was running since 2pm(downloading.... etc) but when just now when i turned my monitor i got a msg saying your windows isn't valid.... go to windows site to resolve the problem.... the same problem arised with my xp which i as using earlier.... how can i cure this???? my desktop has gone black and everytime i change any wallpaper or screensaver after sometime it again returns to pitch black.... please help me....

kristain

Right off the assembly line
Hi,there are some ultimate feature that makes windows 7 best

Opening multiple Instances of the same program
Want to open multiple instances of the same program? Maybe a second command prompt or another application that can be opened in multiple instances? Instead of opening the program again the usual way you can simply press the SHIFT key and left-click on the first instance in the Windows Taskbar to open a second one.
Problem Steps Recorder
If you ever had to do phone support you know how hard it can be to understand what the user on the other end of the phone did and wants. The Problem Steps Recorder is a sweet little tool in Windows 7 that can be used by the user to record his steps.
Pin Favorite Folders
Want to add a favorite folders to Windows Explorer to be able to access them faster? Just drag and drop the folder to the favorites menu. It will remain there until you delete it with the delete key again.
Moving Windows and such
Windows 7 introduces several new keyboard shortcuts for window management. Some useful ones are:
* [Windows Shift Left Arrow] or [Windows Shift Right Arrow] to move windows from one computer monitor to another.
* [Windows Left Arrow] or [Windows Right Arrow] to dock windows to the left or right side
* [Windows Up Arrow] to maximize a window
* [Windows Down Arrow] to restore or minimize windows
* [Windows Home] to minimize all windows but the active one
Shortcuts to start pinned taskbar items
[FONT=&quot]Pressing [Win Number] will start a new instance of a pinned taskbar item. You should also note that the items can be dragged and dropped into different positions easily.

Kristain
Computer Support Technician
[/FONT]

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
Hii Everyone,
Can u all please suggest some of the must have softwares for Windows 7 64-bit....(Preferably Freewares)....

Cheers,
sid_gamer

Want to open multiple instances of the same program? Maybe a second command prompt or another application that can be opened in multiple instances? Instead of opening the program again the usual way you can simply press the SHIFT key and left-click on the first instance in the Windows Taskbar to open a second one.
Problem Steps Recorder
If you ever had to do phone support you know how hard it can be to understand what the user on the other end of the phone did and wants. The Problem Steps Recorder is a sweet little tool in Windows 7 that can be used by the user to record his steps.
Pin Favorite Folders
Want to add a favorite folders to Windows Explorer to be able to access them faster? Just drag and drop the folder to the favorites menu. It will remain there until you delete it with the delete key again.
Moving Windows and such
Windows 7 introduces several new keyboard shortcuts for window management. Some useful ones are:
* [Windows Shift Left Arrow] or [Windows Shift Right Arrow] to move windows from one computer monitor to another.
* [Windows Left Arrow] or [Windows Right Arrow] to dock windows to the left or right side
[FONT=&quot]Pressing [Win Number] will start a new instance of a pinned taskbar item. You should also note that the items can be dragged and dropped into different positions easily.

Kristain
[/FONT]

All this can be done in Linux too. and in a more enhanced ,easy manner.In linux you can add as many taskbars as you want . Fill them with apps you use frequently :p . However problem steps recorder is a good one .
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC5uEe5OzNQ watch this and see power of linux .

kawmp_Oj

My System Config is Core2 Duo E700 @2.80 with Aaus PQl-am motherboard iwth 2 GB RAM but no g-card..i installed windows & ultimate over winxp last few days but i want to go back to Windows Xp but cannot do so even with boot disk and i cannot ever format the drive that Win7 was installed ...is there anyway to remove or totally format the drive please help

i guess C:\ or any drive can be formatted using Xp partitioner setup.
Stiil if you have ay problem with that, then try this :-

Boot with Win7 DVD and select C:\ drive(drive where win7 installed), select it and format and restart your computer. Replace win7 dvd by xp Cd and now install xp over there.

OR

download ubuntu (www.ubuntu.com), make it bootable via usb using unetbootin or you can burn it to a CD, boot the live CD(select "Try ubuntu without any change to your computer" option) and format any partition by using Gparted that comes default in live cd of ubuntu .

CA50

Cyborg Agent
My System Config is Core2 Duo E700 @2.80 with Aaus PQl-am motherboard iwth 2 GB RAM but no g-card..i installed windows & ultimate over winxp last few days but i want to go back to Windows Xp but cannot do so even with boot disk and i cannot ever format the drive that Win7 was installed ...is there anyway to remove or totally format the drive please help

Can you elaborate your problem?
Do you face BSOD?

purnesh

Problem Steps Recorder
Pin Favorite Folders
Moving Windows and such

Kristain
[/FONT]
I believe that Windows 7 is the dumbest Window from Microsoft ever! I have joined this forum only to see that was there anything special in Windows 7 that I couldn't observe. But to Microsoft's misery, I haven't found anything yet! The least feature rich Window ever, is Windows 7. Well some of my friends have talked above about it being beautiful. Yes, it is the most beautiful Window ever. And that is what the critics have rated it for. They only care about how easily all the parts of a Window are accessible, now how many parts are there in a window!!! Funny but true... Reply to this and I'll tell you some features, WHY YOU SHOULD NOT USE WINDOWS 7? I have stopped using Windows 7 from past one year now, else I would have made a count on dozen of features!

BitLocker drive encryption is basically a data protection faeture included with win7 ultimate and enterprise. it is a logical volume encryption system & is a 128 bit encryption and uses AEM encryption system. it can be used to encrpt data one one or more physical drives to prevent data theft and damage. it prevents a hacker from stealing your data if he gets into your system in any way (using backtrack:)). BitLocker enhances data protection by bringing together two major sub-functions: drive encryption & integrity checking of early boot components.
if you want to know more see here .

prasath_digit

prasath->loves(APPLE);
Can my PC run Windows 7?

Can my PC run Windows 7? :???:

Config:-

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ ( Dual-Core )
ASUS M2N-MX ( GeForce 6150SE & nForce 430 )
2GB DDR2 RAM ( 2 x 1GB )
Onboard Audio -> 'SoundMax HD Audio'

I want to run Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit....plz help. :sad:

win 7 32 bit would be better at this config however i have a intel dual core @2.0 GHz and 2GB ram and in my pc 64 bit was also running fine. So i think, 64 bit win7 will run at this config but you might not get a good computing experience.

Is Windows Media Player 12 available as separate download....or can
we install it from Windows 7 DVD....:grin:

you can download if your win7 version did not include, however only after passing GWA test,
if you have standard retail versions of win7 then its included in them.

Top Bottom