The Official Windows 7 Discussion Thread

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@psiknight99, for standard version, you will be provided with lot of language options through windows update once the OS is installed. Once you install the OS, go to update manager and search for updates and you will see around 35 language packs in "optional updates"

psiknight99

Broken In
@psiknight99, for standard version, you will be provided with lot of language options through windows update once the OS is installed. Once you install the OS, go to update manager and search for updates and you will see around 35 language packs in "optional updates"

Ok so u mean to say that this is a perfectly normal version and nothings wrong wid it??

pillainp

Journeyman
everybody i need ur help....
I downloaded Windows 7 RTM version....it even matches the SHA-1 hashes provided by Microsoft
So after I've burned it(verified it as well)I install it on my LT but in it Ultimate version is installed by default and choices to install other versions of WIndows 7 does not pop up......and there is only 1 language(English) in it....tell me what went wrong??
I formatted and re-installed again...bt the problem persists....
I also downloaded another version of windows 7 RTM whose SHA-1 did not match the ones of Microsoft but the OS choices menu popped up(Ultimate,Starter,professional etc.) and it also had other languages.....wat is wrong?
Probably thats why even hazar's activator(leaked lenovo key) is not working on my LT.....help plz...
To get the version choice when you install, open the ISO in an ISO manager like UltraISO and delete the file "ei.cfg" in the folder "Sources".

casanova

The Frozen Nova
I have heard PCs/ laptops purchased after 26th June will get free upgrades to Windows 7 OEM.

Also one can upgrade from a 32 bit Vista to a 64 bit Windows Seven (This would be a clean install)

Now with Windows Vista using SLIC 2.0 for activation and Windows Seven using SLIC 2.1 for activation, how will the activation be done.

psiknight99

Broken In
To get the version choice when you install, open the ISO in an ISO manager like UltraISO and delete the file "ei.cfg" in the folder "Sources".

Super cool man it'll work...i just googled it out.....but do you have any idea why i'm experiencing this??
i mean sha codes are the same so there shouldn't be ANY difference....

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Sony laptops can't use Windows 7's XP mode due to disabled hardware virtualization

The consumer electronics giant has said it will enable Intel's Virtual Technology (VT), which supports Windows XP Mode in the forthcoming Windows 7, only on selected Sony Vaio models in the future. The Z series Vaio - priced $1,719 - won't be one of the machines selected.

Read on

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
i currently installed Win7 build7600 on my pc

(*config, u can see in my siggy)

if i try to open 3 - 4 programs @ a time, it just crashes and shows BSOD

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
@psiknight99 : we are treading into a gray area,by talking about pirated releases...i suggest you refrain from doing so...

techo dude

Right off the assembly line
thinking about it

confirmed windows release date as 22 october 2009
planning ti install windows 7 professonal in Msi u 100

SPECIFCATION LIST:

Intel® Atom N270-1,6GHz Processor
Dos Free
10" wide screen display
Convenient Magnifying Capability
Ergonomic Big-Size Keyboard and Touch Pad
120 GB/160 GB Hard Drive, 1 GB RAM,
Built-In 1.3 Mega Pixel Webcam
Built-in High-Performance 2 Channel Stereo Speakers, and Microphone
802.11b / g / n Wireless Lan with Bluetooth
Comprehensive Multi-Media Application Interface
6 cells battery with protective bag.

PROBLEM? no Optical media present. R equesting some help and support.

Thanks in advance.

Krow

Crowman
You can get the iso image of Win7 from the M$ website. Use Daemon Tools or VirtualCloneDrive to mount the image and install happily. :)

als2

Journeyman
hi

i have win 7 ultimate original key msdn can i use this key for both 32 bit and 64 bit after win 7 release.

Krow

Crowman
^ I really dunno, but I doubt it. Simply because Windows 7 x64 is priced higher than Win7 x86 and knowing M$, I doubt it seriously. You can upgrade to x64 for cheap I think, although I am not sure.

boosters

In the zone
By the way only 2 days left for releasing Windows 7. So if anybody want Genuine Windows 7 Retail Box they can see my signature and follow the link.

krdalmia

Right off the assembly line
Guys I installed Windows 7 Enterprise but under games explorer can't see any games. What should I do ?

Top Bottom