The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

Shaddap_Naabz

Right off the assembly line
How to join .avi files in Mac OS X?
Quicktime won't play them,so it's outta the scene.VisualHub is giving some codec error.Now?Any help?

goobimama

 Macboy
Okay ban lifted of Sunny. Everyone seems to be thinking it was cause I was pissed off about the Time Capsule. Well I just thought I'd make it clear this time. Talking about pwning will get you miserabled and then banned. And sunny, shame on you for creating second IDs. Letting it go this time.

As for joining avi files, QT is the best way I'd say. Otherwise VisualHub can join them as well (but it will need to reencode them which takes time).

superczar

-n00b-
Aaaarrrrrgggghhhhh

I decided to bite the bullet today and called up Apple to place an order for the Macbook today, only to learn that the student discount is over....

Grrrrrrrrr
I am in no mood to pay 12% extra over the previously quoted price...
Having said that, I hope that Apple India should also be back with a student discount soon enough, or is it?

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
After a year, maybe…

They are probably going to release new MacBooks soon though, so that might be a silver lining for you.

superczar

-n00b-
oh, that bad...
Guess I'll have to get the $999 student deal for the US store then...

The India deal was working out to be marginally cheaper (~45000) vs ~ $1080 (after taxes)

Apple India has a 1 year gap between discounts? :O Morons !!!

superczar

-n00b-
Usually, Apple has a standing education discount
I'd have agreed it to be a stock clearance if the discount was on their regular lineup

The education scheme has usually nothing to do with clearances
As is, Apple India hardly has a market, and thus hardly any worthwhile inventory to clear up

goobimama

 Macboy
Yeah. I think this was the first year they came up with discounts. Pretty sure its cause of those silver linings that aayush mentioned.

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Today I got converted to Unlimited 750 Plan but I am unable to view any webpages. Whenever I type a website I get ' you are being redirected to...' and the following page appears :

*img258.imageshack.us/img258/4961/picture4qz7.png

I tried to login with my portal id as well as my service id but all I get it this :

*img391.imageshack.us/img391/5042/picture5wb8.png

Now is this browser problem ?? I tried Safari, Firefox, Opera. Is this IE only ??

Well now you may ask how did I post this ?? I got a VPN setup at Mountain View CA. Once I connect to VPN everything works normally!!

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Usually, Apple has a standing education discount
I'd have agreed it to be a stock clearance if the discount was on their regular lineup

The education scheme has usually nothing to do with clearances
As is, Apple India hardly has a market, and thus hardly any worthwhile inventory to clear up

Yeah. I think this was the first year they came up with discounts. Pretty sure its cause of those silver linings that aayush mentioned.
The way I see it is that Apple wanting to increase their market share in India & clear some stock decided to come up with this offer here in India for the first time.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
The way I see it is that Apple wanting to increase their market share in India & clear some stock decided to come up with this offer here in India for the first time.
And I’m pretty sure they’re going to make it an annual affair now because it has been very successful this year. As awareness increases, I expect more people to jump at the opportunity to purchase Macs at prices better than they are in the U.S.A..

@superczar,
Apple has a standard education discount of only $100 in the U.S. and you can only purchase one Mac per year. The more hefty discounts, like the one that just ended in India, happen in the U.S.A. for just one month too. Mac prices in India are really on par with the U.S.A. these days, unless you opt for one of the custom configurations.

---------------------

I love it when I come up with funny posts. And I like to share them.

So, here goes.

:lol:

Last edited:

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
@Aryayush
LOL You know if I were to ask SJ for a feature in Safari I'd ask him to start a Plugin Store for Safari. I mean this Firefox 3 is giving me sleepless nights, I love Safari but FF has got everything that you can ask for in terms of plugins. And if that was not enough we will see Google's Chrome from tomorrow ...

Top Bottom