The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Buy an iMac after it gets refreshed in a couple of days (this Tuesday). You'll get better specifications for the same or a lesser price.

I would recommend an iMac over a MacBook Pro if you want it for games and stuff. How is a bigger screen a problem? :?

BTW, I wouldn't recommend a Mac at all if gaming is an important requirement.

goobimama

 Macboy
I would also say iMac. You can get the top of the line iMac (24") for the same price as the base model of the Macbook Pro. And if gaming is your thing, stay away from Macs. Sure you can game with bootcamp, but once you get used to OS X, you just don't feel like rebooting...

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
If, however, you want to get rid of your gaming habit, a Mac is the perfect fit. You get so glued to Mac OS X that you'll stop booting into Windows. Bye, bye, gaming! :p

goobimama

 Macboy
Here comes possibly the best screensaver for Mac OS X.

*fc02.deviantart.com/fs27/i/2008/075/b/6/Time_Machine_Screensaver_by_bodysoulspirit.png

Time Machine: The screensaver. And what's more, even Tiger users (are there any of those?) can use it!

I haven't used it, but I'm sure it's gonna rock.

Update: Okay it is a little fake, but it'll do for the time being.

Last edited:

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Finally SSH'ed into my iPhone. Used Flow to do it. A much better FTP client than Cyberduck (Interface wise at least).

Well, you actually SFTP'ed into your iPhone using Flow. :)

And yes, Flow is a much better app than Cyberduck. But I still prefer Transmit.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
*cache.gawker.com/assets/images/4/2008/04/thumb463x_Macbook%20Ballmer%20GI.jpg :oops:
Also, look at the title on the slide: "Business Leadership and Digital Innovation for Future Graduated [sic]".

That's the big, bold title on the ugly opening slide of a presentation by the freakin' CEO of Microsoft, who's apparently using a MacBook Pro for the presentation. How low can this company fall! If he's using an MBP anyway, he should at least use Keynote so that the slide does not look like it is designed by a four-year-old.

Sheesh!

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
If, however, you want to get rid of your gaming habit, a Mac is the perfect fit. You get so glued to Mac OS X that you'll stop booting into Windows. Bye, bye, gaming! :p

Well u have a great idea, maybe i should tear off the gaming habit...
Should I buy the mid end imac since it is cheaper or stick with the 24 inch one?

Also, look at the title on the slide: "Business Leadership and Digital Innovation for Future Graduated [sic]".

That's the big, bold title on the ugly opening slide of a presentation by the freakin' CEO of Microsoft, who's apparently using a MacBook Pro for the presentation. How low can this company fall! If he's using an MBP anyway, he should at least use Keynote so that the slide does not look like it is designed by a four-year-old.

Sheesh!

Maaaann, is that seriously ugly! Keynote can do much better than that! I like the way u say it is designed by a four year old! Maybe a four year old do much better!:D:D:D:D:D:D

By the way i don't see why they use MBP, they should stick with their own system Vista...

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Apple Store goes down and the anticipation begins

Well u have a great idea, maybe i should tear off the gaming habit...
Should I buy the mid end imac since it is cheaper or stick with the 24 inch one?
If you have the dough, go for the 24-incher. The screen will blow your mind.

Don't buy it now though. The iMacs will be updated either today or tomorrow. :)

By the way i don't see why they use MBP, they should stick with their own system Vista...
He has the money and, in his heart of hearts, even he knows that Macs are awesome. Go figure.

It must be running Vista (or XP) though.

New iMacs have been launched.

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Oh, it's not. A lot of people attended that conference and a couple of them snapped pictures. More than one person has similar pictures on flickr, one of which actually shows Ballmer and the MacBook Pro in the same frame. If you see the enlarged version of that image, you can clearly see the cables coming out of it and plugging into the projector.

It's as real as it gets, pal. :)

(I love how you highlighted the word “freakin’” too. Adds a bit of comic effect. :lol)

narangz

Web developer
Links to the picture? I am going to send them to Bill Gates :D Fire Ballmer!

Here they are:
*gizmodo.com/384479/steve-ballmers-presentation-laptop-is-a-strange-choice

*flickr.com/photos/choubistar/2439499170/

*flickr.com/photos/paintitblack/2439080330/

Here's another one from Ballmer :D He really should be fired:
*www.crunchgear.com/2008/04/18/ballmer-calls-vista-a-work-in-progress-during-speech/

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
iMav has this really annoying habit of never linking back to the places where he gets stuff from.

Here: *flickr.com/photos/paintitblack/2439080330/
And here: *flickr.com/photos/choubistar/2439499170/

Top Bottom