The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

Pathik

Google Bot
^^ I don't think so. I had tried BPL WAP on an iPhone about 4 months back and it wasn't working.

ray|raven

Think Zen.
Wallsaver
Quickly run your screen saver as your desktop wallpaper.
- Wallsaver doesn’t have to be running 24/7. You can launch Wallsaver, activate your screen saver, and then quit the program. Restoring your desktop is just as easy. Launch Wallsaver, click “Restore”, and you’re set.
- You can use any screen saver.
- It’s cool. Now you can show off the full potential of your Mac by letting it power through a task that would bring a PC to its knees.
- It’s Universal. Universal Binary, that is.

*images.apple.com/downloads/macosx/icons_screensavers/images/wallsaver_nwwnetwork_20080418114334.jpg

Been there, done that.
Linux can do it too, without getting down on its knees.
Did i mention we dont need extra s/w to do it?

Pathik

Google Bot
*bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/04/23/how-apple-is-preparing-for-an-ipod-slump/

goobimama

 Macboy
Been there, done that.
Linux can do it too, without getting down on its knees.
Did i mention we dont need extra s/w to do it?
Oh we have had this for the Mac as well. There has been a screensaver thing, then you can also set a video, and last but certainly not the least, a quartz composition. Much better than the other two cause it is rendering live. And no, it does not bring the system down to it's knees.

Of course in case of the mac, one does need extra software to do it cause Apple is never going to include such stuff by default. Moving desktops are pretty much useless in real life cause you want all your resources for working and not rendering some video on your desktop.

goobimama

 Macboy
In Safari - Mac, just enter:
file:///Applications/Safari.app/Contents/Resources/Shortcuts.html

Shows you an entire list of shortcuts for Safari. Some are pretty neat.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
It's a rumour and very unlikely to be true.
The phone itself will be slightly thicker than the first gen device.
Name me one Apple product that got thicker in a more current generation, compared to the last one. Only one will do.

That's not how Apple rolls. No way is Steve Jobs gonna get up on that stage and say, "So, this is the new iPhone. It has 3G and GPS and… um… it's thicker than before."

Also, I highly doubt that 3G and GPS are going to be the only additions to iPhone v2.0.

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Well, those 2 chips are comparatively more power consuming too, aren't they ?

I don't think the iPhone will be any slimmer than it actually is, if Apple decides to add the above.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I'm pretty sure that the thickness of the iPhone was one of the major reasons behind not having 3G and GPS in the first place. And I don't think they're going to release a 3G iPhone unless they figure out how to do so in the same package or a slimmer one.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Giz confirms that the black finish is just an iPhone cover :oops: wtf!

goobimama

 Macboy
Well in any case, if the next one is going to be much more awesome (don't know how that is possible, but it is Apple), I've already got a buyer for 20k (maybe more if I look around!). :D

goobimama

 Macboy
H.264 encoding with VisualHub took 30 mins for a TV show and the file size is 300MB as against the regular Mpeg4's 6mins with a file size of 220MB. Nice one Aayush. Nice one.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
iPod Power User Guide - Part 1
BeingManan said:
Part 1 of the guide will tell you how to manage Audio & Video and most importantly how you back up your iPod library, transfer songs from the iPod to the PC in way that the file names are the same as the song title or artist/album also on how to add you tube videos in a few clicks without having to convert manually.
[...] Continue Reading…

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
H.264 encoding with VisualHub took 30 mins for a TV show and the file size is 300MB as against the regular Mpeg4's 6mins with a file size of 220MB. Nice one Aayush. Nice one.
Really? I could have sworn the resulting file size was smaller with H.364 encoding. I guess I'll have to give MPEG4 another try now.

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
I am having troubles deciding which Mac to buy, the Macbook Pro 15 inch or any iMac.
Can any of u help decide, I like media, I like 3D stuff and games. I don't want Mac Mini, Macbook, Macbook Air or the Mac Pro.
Problems:
Macbook Pro: I already have a laptop, though it is PC
iMac: The cheapest one has not-so-good graphics, and the screen is too big.

I am getting stuck and I need to buy one soon. Please help me!

Thanks
:p