The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

goobimama

 Macboy
On tuaw:
All you have to do is open the Spaces preference pane (Apple Menu > System Preferences > Exposé and Spaces > Spaces tab). Once there, just drag the application you would like to add to the specific space in the overview pane.
Cool! I didn't know one could just drag an application into the space proxy. Went through the whole add application routine...

--------------------
Deskshade 2.1
DeskShade cures boring and cluttered desktops. Why bother with a desktop picture when it's covered by ugly icons? Are you happy with a static background? Download Now and get one step closer to desktop nirvana.
• Tidy up your desktop without having to do any cleanup work
• DeskLock catches sneaky family and co-workers red handed
• Build a collection: drag pictures straight from a web page to DeskShade
• Easy desktop variations with the built-in color shifting
• Enrich your experience with cinematic desktop transitions
• Play full screen movies in DeskMovie for unobtrusive viewingDeskShade cures boring and cluttered desktops
Macrabbit.com

Edit: Wow! Deskshade is amazing! Recommended by Milind.

Last edited:

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
R u people really happy with VLC???

When ever i try dragging the time bar.... of course there is a shift in video... but it takes 5 sec to get the image clear.....

did anyone face this problem???
Yeah happens sometimes. But it affects .wmv files afaik.

But I love VLC, it's advantages overshadow it's limitations.

goobimama

 Macboy
Well I don't really come across any formats that don't play with quicktime. Real Media doesnt play and WMV gives problems. But I've learnt to avoid those. Perian (www.perian.org) takes care of the rest...

yash

I draw every day
I am trying to play a video which has .mkv extension and h.264 video and DTS 6 channel audio. the audio doesn't work in quicktime. i have latest perian installed. i get the message some components might be required to play this file...

it works fine in vlc. how do i get it to work in quicktime?

goobimama

 Macboy
Yep. DTS doesn't work for me as well. I remember there was a quicktime component for DTS, but I just can't find it. I guess I'll resume my search for it.

goobimama

 Macboy
To those who came in late. I just thought I'd share this:
To select text blocks, hold down Command+Option and drag a box. Very useful in cases of selecting text in a multi column PDF, or well, it's useful in many situations. I've noticed though that this feature is non-existent in Safari 3 (I'm not sure if it was there in Safari 2 in the first place)

All you iTunesers, a must check out App, Coversutra. I thought at first this was an album cover finder, but little did I know. I was using Synergy all along, but this one is really really polished. I love the music search feature!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Coversutra 2.0
We all love music. Whether we‘re browsing the Internet, editing some pictures in Photoshop or writing the next bestseller in Pages, music is always by our side.

But isn‘t it annoying to switch to iTunes just to select a different song or pause playback?

CoverSutra gives you a handy and attractive way to control iTunes without having to leave your current application.

See what's currently playing or enjoy your album artwork. Don't let yourself be distracted from your work... CoverSutra is never in your way but always by your side.

Album Cover
See your music at a glance... A choice of three skins for album art on your desktop. Really cool feature.

Global Shortcuts
Instantly control iTunes from anywhere.

Information Bezel
Playback position, album artwork, song details: See all important information in a single floating window. A mini-iTunes window.

Music Search
We all know how Spotlight revolutionizes searching, in general on your Mac. Well, what if you could have that power specifically for your music? All done in a slick, stylish way.

Last edited:

yash

I draw every day
Yep. DTS doesn't work for me as well. I remember there was a quicktime component for DTS, but I just can't find it. I guess I'll resume my search for it.

In my searches, I get a lot of links leading to perian. but apparently, they are just requests or milestones they want to achieve in a later version.

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
I was working on an iMovie project 2 days ago. I exported the movie using QuickTime as avi and it created a 4GB avi file for just 37 minutes.
BUT, the file refuses to play.

Again, I exported the file using the other option, and it made a nice 800MB .m4v file. But if I use this to write a VCD, the quality of the video in the VCD is as bad as an old movie's print.

What's the exact procedure I need to follow ?

Pathik

Google Bot
Export it a s regular avi and then use some converter to convert it using the divx/xvid/h.264 codec in the avi container.

goobimama

 Macboy
iMovie 08? I'd say get iMovie 06. That's much better than the new one. I think the new one is just a sort of testing iMovie. It's fun for small videos, but when it comes to larger projects, the older one really rocks.

@pathik: Ever worked with iMovie before? Cause I don't think it exports as plain avi...

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Yes, it is iMovie '08. Does iMovie '06 work along with '08 as an independent app ? Can I install only iMovie '06 without iPHoto and others ?

goobimama

 Macboy
iMovie 06 is a free download for iLife 08 users. Actually, when you are upgrading from iLife 06 to 08, iMovie 06 is left untouched. Apple knew the shortcomings of the new version and has left the old one untouched.
*www.apple.com/support/downloads/imovieHD6.html

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Wow, thanks goobi :)
So I just download this and it'll be an independent app ?

The greatest thing about me in iMovie '06 is its TimeLine view :)

Top Bottom