The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

harish_21_10

In the zone
Hey guys...I was planning to buy an Macbook Pro from US, though a friend...I wanted to confirm one thing:
Does it come with an international warranty? I'll be eligible for any sort of claim in India too, rite?

pickster

Professional Layabout.
Hey guys...I was planning to buy an Macbook Pro from US, though a friend...I wanted to confirm one thing:
Does it come with an international warranty? I'll be eligible for any sort of claim in India too, rite?

Yes, you are.
It is, in fact, a worldwide warranty.

harish_21_10

In the zone
Cool..now one question for which I dont expect a specific reply. My friend will be coming on 6th May. So you think it would be a good advice to get the Macbook Pro now, on which I would be saving about 15-17k when bought from US, or should I wait a little longer for the Macbook Pro upgrade and buy it from India?

bazer

Broken In
MacRumors buying guide is a good place for this upgrade enquiry...

According to that website, it is NOT recommended to buy a MacBook Pro now as a new upgrade is due now in the near furure.. *buyersguide.macrumors.com/#MacBook_Pro

-
BTW, any chance your friend might be able to sneek in an iPad for me? :p

just kidding... :)

harish_21_10

In the zone
I am aware of the site Mac Rumors and its full of spammers...they just keep bragging about even the smalled rumor...no wonder its named Mac rumors...I dont wanna waste my time anymore on that site...

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
People aren't really friendly on Macrumors. I suggested this guy how to fix his ibook and he yelled at me for not helping him and the suggestions not working :(

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
Just get any RAM with the same specs as your MBP. Works beautifully. No warranty issues as well.

Ya upgraded my MBP today. Now its a 2+2gb DDR3. I was not able to get a 4GB one as it was out of stock every where.Plan was for 4+1 but settling with 2+2. Dont know what to do with the spare 1+1GB ram. But the best part. The same transcend ram in app store they told 2+2GB with 1yr warrenty = 8K+tax and i took it from SP road,Bangalore for 5800 inc Tax with Life time warranty :D

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

^^ oh ya forgot to mention. apple store charges 650Rs to put the ram and i got it free from the shop i took.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
okay here is a bump.

My Mac mini's Superdrive is giving problems. Where should I take it in Delhi? I don't have the bill, btw. I had bought it in January.

bazer

Broken In
okay here is a bump.

My Mac mini's Superdrive is giving problems. Where should I take it in Delhi? I don't have the bill, btw. I had bought it in January.

I think u don't need the bill. The serial no. On your mac mini should be enough.

Try Anything Mac. Web link - Index

It has centre in yusuf sarai in delhi.

Artemis

The Last Puff
All right people, I hope I get a reply!! This thread’s been dead for a long time now!

I want to set up a volume limit on my mac, but only when the headphone is plugged in. Don’t want to hurt my precious babies.

Other people who use my Mac just crank them upto 100%. I need a volume limiter so that they don’t go over 40%. Any ideas??

On another note, I was planning to put a sticker more of an artwork on Freeagent Go Portable HDD. Was planning to use the paper available for CD cover (the one with the sticky part). Will it work??

Any better ideas??

Top Bottom