The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
^ Actually I was looking for a keyguard, but given my remote location, I'm thinking of something DIY (something that would be not so cool on a Mac).

I never thought about screenguard though. No problems here. When the screen is on, you dont see the marks. When it is off, well, you arent actually using it. ;)

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
ya when its on you dont see it but when its off it looks so dirty. i want to keep it clean :)

the.kaushik

Guys am using this widget called iStatPro. I am not happy with my battery stats its showing. Its just 4 days with my MBP

Health: 97% (Yesterday it was 98%)
Cycles: 3 (I have still now never drained out my battery

Can someone tell me is this something bad? should i call apple care?

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
^^ Try waiting a few days. After all, it's only a widget! :D Personally I rarely use the dashboard because it's not that useful to me.

the.kaushik

Ya thats true. but can someone try with this widget? Also is it require to drain out the battery totally?

goobimama

 Macboy
Kaushik seems to be on fire.

- 1 battery cycle doesn't require you to drain out your battery. 50% + 25% +25% on separate occasions make up for 1 charge cycle. Get it?
- Why are you touching your screen? Icons too yummy is it?
For desktop customising I'd suggest you get Candybar and change the icons and dock. Use GeekTool to add some live-jazz to your desk. Stay away from Magnifique until you're comfortable with how to troubleshoot in case something goes wrong.

/just strolling in the TDF forums…
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------

- 1 battery cycle doesn't require you to drain out your battery. 50% + 25% +25% on separate occasions make up for 1 charge cycle. Get it?
For desktop customising I'd suggest you get Candybar and change the icons and dock. Use GeekTool to add some live-jazz to your desk. Stay away from Magnifique until you're comfortable with how to troubleshoot in case something goes wrong.

/just strolling in the TDF forums…

Last edited:

the.kaushik

Thanks man

-Now if i keep my laptop connected to power each time i use it then it dont have any cycle at all.. right ?

-When i am doing some coding stuff some colleague will come and show something in my on the screen by touching. Its too annoying. Also some people splits out when they talk..

the.kaushik

Guys found something interesting today with my MBP.

Play a movie from your hardrive. Now when the movie is playing shake your laptiop suddenly. The movie stops playing for sometime. Is this type of problem.

Also say you are doing something and suddenly you tilt your laptop on one side a small click sound comes. it doesnot come always but after sometime if you try it happens.

Any of you MBP guys have such wired things ?

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
Guys found something interesting today with my MBP.

Play a movie from your hardrive. Now when the movie is playing shake your laptiop suddenly. The movie stops playing for sometime. Is this type of problem.

Also say you are doing something and suddenly you tilt your laptop on one side a small click sound comes. it doesnot come always but after sometime if you try it happens.

Any of you MBP guys have such wired things ?

This is standard—it's your MBP's Sudden Motion Sensor (an accelerometer) kicking into action. If you jerk your laptop, it quickly parks the hard drive's head to prevent damage to the disk. This is why the movie stops playing—the hard drive's head goes away, and only comes back after you're done shaking.

For more motion sensor fun, check out LiquidMac: *uri.cat/software/LiquidMac/

And stop shaking your laptop!

the.kaushik

ohhhh thats something i never thought it have.. wow.. After doing some search here is something interesting:
Using the MacBook or ThinkPad's Built-In Motion Sensor to Play Games Like a Nintendo Wii*www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=3486

the.kaushik

Here are some more:

*blog.medallia.com/2006/05/smacbook_pro.html
*www.suitable.com/tools/seismac.html
*uri.cat/software/Tunnel/
*slappingturtle.com/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=14&Itemid=58
*uri.cat/software/LiquidMac/

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
Hey guys I need some help. I updated to itunes 9 this morning and it killed my macbook pro. I am planning to reinstall the system but I am deciding whether to do archiving and install or erase and install. Does archive and install keep your apps or does it delete your apps?

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
Hey guys I need some help. I updated to itunes 9 this morning and it killed my macbook pro. I am planning to reinstall the system but I am deciding whether to do archiving and install or erase and install. Does archive and install keep your apps or does it delete your apps?

The Archive and Install feature is more for people who are upgrading—it stores your previous system files in a folder called Previous System Files (or something like that). You're going to lose your apps in any case.

What exactly did iTunes 9 do to your system?

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
@cooldudie3 (What possibly were you thinking? Are there 2 other cool dudies?)
HUH? I just downloaded that on my puny internet.

Archive and Install breaks apps, like FatBeing said. But yeah, you are not going to loose data. In any case, have a backup. Wait, you dont have a TM backup?

the.kaushik said:
Here are some more:

*blog.medallia.com/2006/05/smacbook_pro.html
*www.suitable.com/tools/seismac.html
*uri.cat/software/Tunnel/
*slappingturtle.com/home/index...d=14&Itemid=58
*uri.cat/software/LiquidMac/
Thanks. Having a look.

Last edited:

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
Wait I fixed the system with a reinstall. I think what was causing the problem was the Macbook Pro EFI firmware update. Now I have itunes 8.0.1 and I will try to update to iTunes 9 today.
@Fatbeing,
It took me 5 hours to get Safari open because of the spinning beachballs and no programs would open!!!!

the.kaushik

Guys please let me know some light weight html editor for Mac. I dont want to open eclipse each time just for small changes. I need something like editplus or notepad++

Top Bottom