The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Re: Macworld Conference and Expo 2008

Macworld is so predictable, I can say few things here which are bound to happen, there isn't any more surprises to look for

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

WTF! Are you nuts?

Let us know, dude, if you know all there is to it already. We're dying to uncover the mysteries that only you seem to think are predictable.

1 hour, two minutes to go...

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

The sequence of events may very...

Macworld will start with a Mac vs PC ad, in which Apple will again show some lame point to downplay Windows.

Steve Jobs will come to the stage & say how great the past year has been for Apple & Mac.

Then he will show the stats of various Apple products & say that Leopard is doing gr8 & they have sold XXXX number of copies so far.

After this he will talk about how good iTunes Music store is doing & will then announce that Apple is jumping in Movie rental business, in which you can rent a movie for a nominal price for XX days. This movie will play on your Mac/PC with iTunes & iPods.

Then he will say that iPhone was a huge success & show some cool apps for iPhone after which he will say that on Apple is finally listening to the developers & will be releasing the iPhone SDK in Feb 2008 or march 2008. He might also announce a 16 GB iPhone.

Then he will say that Macbook line is a huge success & it has taken about XX% of market in the U.S. After this he will announce Intel 45nm CPU based Macbook Pro with new graphics.

After this he will say that World is going for small things & will announce Macbook with flash harddisk & no optical drive. This will be like a UPMC, because an Ultra Portable Macbook with say 16 GB Flash HD is too small in storage space for the Mac usage scenario & 32 GB SSD based Macbook will be very costly. Although Apple can release an ultra portable with a small HD too, but UPMC or Tablet PC with Touch OS X is what I predict.

Microsoft Office 2008 will be announced today with availability in few months.

Mac Pro will start shipping with a Blue Ray drive

I am blank about Apple Cinema Display, Mac mini & Apple TV.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Yeah, that's what we call predictions and speculation, dude. Everyone has been posting their own. That does not mean that any one of them is right on the money and it definitely doesn't mean that Jobs' keynotes are predictable. :lol:

I do admire your extreme interest in Apple though. Only a person who obsessively follows the company could have known all the rumours floating around. Secret crush? 8)

Thirty-four minutes to go...

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

aryayush said:
Yeah, that's what we call predictions and speculation, dude.

Do one thing, let the keynote end. Then compare the announcements with the ones I said here. You will know how easy it is to predict something about Apple. They just copy what the rest of the computer industry is already doing.

I do admire your extreme interest in Apple though. Only a person who obsessively follows the company could have known all the rumours floating around. Secret crush? 8)

With Apple "hardware company" yeah...for the awsome designs of Johny Ive.

For Apple "software compony"...ewww.....totally ewwww....

goobimama

 Macboy

Damn the tension is killing me! That acute pain that darky was talking about...well...

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Have u ever seen CES Presentations by Bill Gates, have a look at 2008 CES Presentation, no fun...just straight forward & shows exactly how computer can make life easy instead of making fun at competitors.

Apple is so predictable now...

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus

I'm getting some "signs" that my ISP is going to conk up right @ 10:30 PM. Damn if that happens !

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall

Ok there's already some things starting to happen. I'm on the Live Blogging pages. Seems that Gizmondo is the right one now. They are big Mac Fanboys..

How are you people going to follow?

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

All the links I've provided in the first post are open in Safari and Opera and set to auto-refresh, Twitter updates are coming in and last, but not the least, Dan Moren (one of my editors) is sitting in Moscone West in the second row and sending me IM updates as and when things happen.

It can't get better than this. :p

Three minutes to go...

goobimama

 Macboy

It's party time! P-A-R-T-Why? Because I gotta! Macworld Wohoooo! Cheers boys. Here's hoping for an amazing keynote.

Sparsh007

Formerly Spashy

hey guys where can i get the live streaming for it all the links dnt seem to work for me

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

drgrudge said:
How are you people going to follow?

*live.macobserver.com/article/2008/01/macworld_expo_keynote.shtml

It automatically refreshes in IE 7

everyone, come on a yahoo confrence

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot

These are good too
*www.applegazette.com/live/
*live.applematters.com/

jamesbond007

 MacManiac

Man I tell you if MacBook Airs gonna happen I'll faint for sure , I see it everywhere being discussed!!! God induction charging for Real ??

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus

Twiiter has gone down... ( Maybe I'll hear people talk about an Apple-Twiiter partnership now :D :D )

Top Bottom