The official IPL Thread

Official IPL Poll: Whom Are You Supporting?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ I want IPL to be purely league based. No point of topping the league if you lose in the Semi-final. It's a League not a "Cup".

WC Hockey comes first, then IPL. :)

I doubt whether that's possible. In footie, national games revolve around league games. So, with more time and players available, teams end up playing throughout the year (about 45-50 odd games) in the league alone.

Cricket leagues revolve around international games, as there are far more ODIs, Test series on international level (with more telecast and of course, interest) than local games. So IPL gets time for about 20 odd games in a span of a month.

Plus football is a tier-system of promotion-demotion. No such thing exists in cricket local cups. There's no "top 4" or "bottom 3" or even cases such as qualification for "europe". So there's no need for a league-based system of games.

Plus, with such a small number of games possible, semifinals look viable rather than race for the top spot. We need more games then, which is not possible given the preference to international games

Adrian D'souza is awesome!! :D

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^ I want IPL to be purely league based. No point of topping the league if you lose in the Semi-final. It's a League not a "Cup".

WC Hockey comes first, then IPL. :)

Totally agree. What's the use in topping the league and then lose the cup just coz you lose in one game. Doesn't make sense. Better keep IPL as a league only tournament and CL as KO tournament.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Wow,yesterday's MI vs DC was a fantastic match....and thanks to Harbhajan singh who took the match away from DC ( Harbhajan singh 49 of just 19 balls !!) He took 3 wickets as well....
MI on a winning streak and top the IPL T20 Standings!!

raksrules

Youngling
Guys i want to watch the MI vs DC match (03rd april 2010) in a theater in Mumbai. Is there any theater where i can watch it ??
Seems none are gonna show it (in Mumbai at least) :(

shantanu

Technomancer
aah, KKR looses after a huge score and a great innings by gayle.. i hope they make it to semi-final's by playing like that ! Saurav was unable to show his captancy skills today. Mahela was superb with his batting. to be honest i was cursing him on each run he took :( . never had a clue what didnt work for KKR, the first 6 overs perhaps ?

T

Techxtremist

Now that Deccan have made it to the semis, nobody will be able to stop them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom