The official iPhone thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
nahi iMav, thing is when the same thing is repeated again and again and again and a thousand more times, it gets boring. aren't you guys working properly these dayz??? you hafnt come up wid any new flaws... stating the same "ghisa pita" list again! (worn-out list of flaws) :D

din

Tribal Boy
Topic is - The official iPhone thread - and just see who started this thread ;)

Thats quite adequate for a good laugh LOL :D :D :D

Source

Apple, which on Monday warned customers against using iPhone unlocking tools because they may permanently damage the handsets, has since defended its stance on the matter but said the company is not taking any special measures to intentionally cripple the devices.

Those claims, as well as the comments by Schiller, have already been met with intense scrutiny, as most people trained in the art of software development can attest that there is no such thing as "permanent damage to software." Instead they believe Apple's warning is no more than a "scare tactic" and a promise that it will not bear the burden of assuring its future iPhone software revisions work properly on hacked versions of the phone.

"We have reviewed the source code of a number of these applications and to the best of our knowledge any changes made to the software can easily be reversed," John McLaughlin, a developer who has made unsubstantiated claims of developing his own unlocking solution, told the AP. "After unlocking the iPhone, minimal effort is required to get it in to its previously locked state."

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
yeah din, scare tactic all rite! :) coz its not a hardware limitation (apple can't be that foolish to haf a hardware lock!!!) and its not that at&t uses some out of this world freq. for communication.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Exactly. You can't really screw anything up. All you have to do is remember to restore it through iTunes before installing any official software updates from Apple.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
aryayush said:
Exactly. You can't really screw anything up. All you have to do is remember to restore it through iTunes before installing any official software updates from Apple.

Can u relock an unlocked iPhone using iTuneS?

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
gx_saurav said:
Can u relock an unlocked iPhone using iTuneS?
No, you cannot. Not yet, at least. But the iPhone dev community is working on a re-locking application and it should be out within this week.

superczar

-n00b-
here is a linkie to a review that i have posted...
*www.techenclave.com/forums/oh-no-not-another-iphone-review-98570.html

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
iPhone Firmware 1.1.1 Out and Tested: Breaks 3rd-party Apps, Relocks iPhones and Sends Them to Semi-Brick Activation

Just released, ready in your iTunes. This update includes the iTunes Wireless Store, but if you have an unlocked iPhone, be aware that this firmware may make your iPhone unusable. After several hours of testing in house and with the iPhone Dev team, here is the summary of what it does:

• The update will work ok in iPhones with no modification.
• The update will work ok in iPhones with Installer.app (although it gets wiped out; the apps seem to remain in the iPhone, but they won't appear in your screen).
• The update will work ok in unlocked iPhones, but it will return your iPhone to the activation screen. From there, no activation is possible. The iPhone doesn't get bricked but —as expected— so if you want to keep using it, don't update your iPhone.
• This has been confirmed with both anySIM and iPhone Sim Free.
• "Third-party applications won't work after the update" (confirmed by Dev Team.)
• "Firmware 1.1.1. relocks iPhone properly" (confirmed by Dev Team.)

PS: fcuk u steve jobs :mad:

goobimama

 Macboy
^language boy.... just by typing fcuk it doesn't make it different. There is a reason those words are filtered on this forum...

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
goobimama said:
^language boy.... just by typing **** it doesn't make it different. There is a reason those words are filtered on this forum...
LOL! And typing it again is no problem, right? :lol:

ray|raven

Think Zen.
Lolz,watch this,
*www.operamini.com/beta/video/
No offence to anyone though ;)

P.S: Please watch the video before shoutin on me that this doesnt
reflect the topic :D

Regards,
ray

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I know. I wasn't replying to you.

(The video has been mentioned before though and I think most people here agree that it is hardly funny.)

Jedi

Right off the assembly line
Since yesterday I got that great new Iphone which I love!!

got it unlocked and fully operational on the airtel network including EDGE.

Last thing I am struggling with is the voicemail. Of course it is activated but the Iphone asks for a voicemail box number. all the operators of the world have the national and international voicemail number on their website but the Airtel number is unkown and I cannot find it anywhere! It is normally handset enabled and that is all they can tell me at customer care...(121).

Who know more about this?

I also like to share some info:

Voicemail:
For all iphone owners, to put the correct voicemail number under the voicemail buttor you set it like this:

set: *5005*86*voicemailnumber#
check: *5005*86#

Setting SMS centre:

set: *5005*7672*centrenumber#
check: *5005*7672#

other interesting info on EDGE:

if you use GPRS it depends on your operator if your line will be engaged or free to receive calls. you check that with:

-How you check:
Go to phone and than to 'keypad' and type: *3001#12345#* and press Call. You will enter: FieldTest.app. go to GPRS info by clicking GPRS Information. Check what is mentioned after nom.

1 = reachable while on GPRS
2 = not reachable while on GPRS

Some nice apps:

*pxl.ibrickr.com/

NEWS!

jailbreak on 1.1.1

Last edited:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Just in case someone does not know, this is what the Alarm screen looks like on the iPhone:

*farm2.static.flickr.com/1263/1446581294_61ba28fcba.jpg

Let me repeat that: This is what the Alarm screen looks like! I've never seen a better interface on any device whatsoever, including my Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom