The official iPhone thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
LOL! The funniest "survey" I've ever seen. It takes a month to get used to the iPhone keypad. Apple admits that. Every reviewer has said that after the initial hiccups, the keypad becomes quite comfortable to type on.

In this "survey", the participants were told to send twelve messages after having one minute (honestly, one minute? Seriously!!) to get used to the iPhone's completely different keypad. One minute vs. years of usage. :lol:

Is this a joke!! I use a Nokia now (and used a Sony Ericsson earlier). Give me an SE phone now and I'll type twice as fast on my Nokia compared to my own Sony Ericsson. Typing habits are not so easy to change, specially when the medium is completely different.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Hey arya, we need your valuable reply in this thread:D

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65669

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
honey... i shrunk the meebo

Guess what?! meebo’s going mini!

The meebo team was super excited to get our hands on the iPhone a few months ago. The day it came out, Andrea’s son and his buddies camped out for one so we could begin testing ASAP. We found some showstoppers but luckily, Paul was on the case! We got in a couple quick fixes to get a “pre-Alpha” level of meebo up and running. The next step was to create a truly great meebo experience on the iPhone. Read more...

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
100% Unlocked iPhone Available Now in Hong Kong

That's right, you can now pick up a fully unlocked Apple iPhone in Hong Kong for $699 (4GB) / $899 (8GB). Short video demo after the break.

Unlocking is done using the Turbo SIM method, the shopkeeper loads up the Chinese or Japanese interface and special fonts so the names of Chinese songs appear correctly. Once unlocked all the features can be accessed from the music player to web browser and to making and receiving calls of course

*media.techeblog.com/images/unlockediphone_1.jpg

*media.techeblog.com/images/unlockediphone_1.jpg

so arya off to hong kon :rolleyes: g

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Cool :D .. Arya do you know chinese or japanese? No Offence

I bet "Turbo Sim" Will overtake iPhone as the most searched product

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Apple's refurbished iPhones retail for $499 and $399

Apple's iPhone has only been on the market for about two months, but the company is already selling refurbished phones to customers with a one-year warranty.

The "Apple Certified Refurbished" iPhones are available online for $499 and $399 respectively for the 8GB and 4GB models. The $100 price cut represents a 17 percent and 21 percent discount respectively.

hmmmm... i wonder not even 2 months and a price drop .... :lol:

goobimama

 Macboy
^^^You obviously don't get the concept of a refurb... cause as of now, there is no price drop for the iPhone...

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
sorry my mistake i didnt point out the source:

Apple Rolls Out Refurbished iPhones For $100 Less*www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=8514

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
apple salesman: sir these refurbs are to make the iPhone more user friendly and more better

sensible human: it means that even apple accepts that the v1 had major issues that a refurb had to be released in less than 2 months ...

OMG!!!!!!!! Jesus is reborn :D

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
imav, you are getting it wrong. refurbished entities are not new or ver.2. they are more like repaired ones or mebbe the discarded ones which are restored to the original form.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I wonder that if they are even Refurbished because i haven't heard any major hardware compliant. Maybe the iphones aren't selling well and El Joso doesn't want to tell the public it ain't selling well by doing a price drop so he just tags the unsold stock as refurbished and also reduce the price by $100 to get it selling again.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ exactly ...

@infra: to refurbish in ur terms would mean a call back which wasnt there ...

That's right, an iPhone user took his phone with him to France and managed to rack up $4190.76 in international roaming charges. Video after the break.

A Miami resident recently took a short trip to France and used his iphone to check his email and send text messages. His friends made this video for him using a scan of the ACTUAL bill

*media.techeblog.com/images/iphonebill.jpg

4k $ :shock: what does an iphone cost ... man this guy could buy 100 'refurbished' iphones :lol:

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
refurbish is NOT a term i invented! thats the meaning of 'refurbish' and that certainly doesn't suggest a callback. what i'm wondering is where did apple get iphones from to refurbish??!!

btw, $4k or whatever you've suggested is coz of the billing by AT&T due to roaming. i don't see how apple is to be blamed here.

goobimama

 Macboy
I'll take it you didn't score well in Math.....$400x100=$40,000. That guy could have bought only 10 refurb iphones...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom