the Official Intel Core ix thread for desktops and laptops

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

notta chance.. :( my only option is HD4870 x2, so im asking wether its a better card than my previous (kaput) gtx280.. ???

also, wat are all u ppl's views on MSi x58 pro-E as compared to my (kaput'd) Evga X58 3x Sli mobo..????

Vishw

Journeyman
^^

will get back to u with the results...in the mean time i hv these mobos for u.. :)

1. ) Gigabyte P55A-UD6
2.) Gigabyte P55A-UD7
3.) MSI P55-GD85
-------------------------
Thanx Ashu, but all those mobos are well above my budget of 10k!

Anyways, I've narrowed down these 3:

1. Gigabyte P55A-UD3R
2. Asus P7P55D-E
3. Asus P7P55D-E LX

I loved the Gigabyte one but unfortunately only 1 year warranty! so I'm leaning towards Asus ones! What do you suggest?

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

^^

Hmm.....jus a year warranty..?? :confused:... well... then opt for the brand wich gives u atleast 2 (if not 3 yrs) yrs of warranty period.. :)

its not tat gigabyte is a worrysome brand, but still, its pays alot to be on the safer side.. :)

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
The new line of i7 processors are ready to arrive in the market (they must hv already arrived) so i hope u would want to upgrade to the core i5-2500 or the Core i5-2500K instead of the old Core i5 processor... so do let us know here.... :)

CHeers n e-peace....

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Core i3 vs Core i5 difference and comparison....

Intel has completely revamped its manufacturing process and rolled out a completely new family of processors in the form of the core i3, core i5 and core i7 series. The broad processor range, spread over three classes is designed to cater to the varying computing needs of various consumers. These three series also include a separate mobile processor line. If you are planning to buy a new laptop or desktop computer and are in a dilemma about whether to opt for an core i3 or core i5 chip, this article may help you make a decision. The i3 vs i5 comparison that I provide here will highlight the major differences between the two processor lines.

Core i3 Vs Core i5 Comparison

Core i3 is intended to be the entry level series of processors while core i5 series is the new middle class of Intel processors. On a scale of ascending computing power, the order would be core i3, core i5 and finally core i7 series which is the high end line. Let us pick out the first two series and make an i3 vs i5 comparison according to technical specifications and performance.

i3 Vs i5: Technical Specifications
The core i3 5xx series (Code name: Clarkdale) consists of three chips (i3-530, i3-540 and i3-550) with a clocking frequency range starting from 2933 MHz and extending to 3200 MHz. All processors have a twin core and four threads, with an integrated graphic processing unit (GPU). These processors have a 4MB L3 cache and 2 x 256 Kb L2 cache. As part of the total architectural revamp, FSB bus that was usually used before is replaced by the DMI (direct media interface) bus, along with a new LGA 1156 socket. The major difference is the migration to a 32 nm based architecture which enables more transistors to be placed on the chip. With Intel's new Hyperthreading technology enabled in these chips, it provides greater multitasking ability. The cost of these chips is around $133.

Continuing with the Intel core i3 vs i5 comparison, let us have a look at the core i5 series. This line of processors is further divided into three series of processors named the core i5 7xx, core i5 7xxS and core i5 6xx. This line consists of processors with dual and quad cores with 4 and 8 threads respectively.

One main point of difference from the core i3 series is the enhanced 8MB L3 cache. All have an integrated GPU and a LGA 1156 socket with DMI bus. The processor clocking frequencies range from 2.4 Ghz to 3.33 GHz.

What sets this line ahead in the i5 vs i3 comparison is the Intel Turbo Boost technology. It can increase the clocking frequency and boost it beyond the set frequency when need be. Besides this, core i5 series processors have Intel HD graphics and Intel Smart Cache technology. The cost of these chips ranges from $176 to $256. You may go further and make a complete Intel core i3 vs i5 vs i7 comparison that will reveal the full range of the computing power provided by Intel at your disposal.

i3 Vs i5: Performance
Core i3 series is well suited for the entry level desktop and laptop computer market. With greater multitasking ability and Intel HD graphics technology, it provides the home user with a stunning visual experience. However, the core i5 series offers all this and a lot more. With Intel Turbo Boost technology and the additional two cores that have multithreading feature, core i5 goes beyond core i3 in terms of performance in every task. A core i5 vs core i7 comparison will reveal the computing power that the last line (i7) offers, which goes beyond the abilities of a core i5 chip.

Hope this i3 vs i5 comparison has helped you come to a decision about which one of the processor lines to opt for. Core i5 series has a range of extra features that puts it ahead of the core i3 series which is well suited for an entry level market. Core i3 was designed to replace the core 2 duo line of processors. As an Intel core i3 vs core 2 duo comparison would reveal, it has successfully bettered its predecessor in terms of processing power and speed. Core i5 offers more speed and multitasking ability. Choose which ever processor line that suits your budget and computing requirements. Among each of the core i3 and core i5 series, you have a range of processors to choose from. If you ask me, opting for the core i5 is the better option to choose for the long run!

Source ---> i3 vs i5

Hope, this will explain all your doubts better.. :)

-----------------

Cheers n e-peace.....

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^
hey bro, is your GPU and mobo exchanged ?? If yes then what did you get ??
Hey hi dude, How are u..?? :) nice to see u back here in this thread :)

yup I did get a replacement

1.) eVGA X58 Mobo replaced with MSI X58 Pro-E
and
2.) eVGA GTX 280 SSC (Super Super Clocked) Edition 1GB GPU replaced with the same. :) all free of cost

but am planning to sell off my eVGA gtx280 SSC Edition gpu, as planning to buy ASUS enGTX570 DirectCu II (1.25GB) GPU in 1st-2nd week of april.. (can u help me with this selling, any buyers..?? :confused: )

is there any i3 motherboard for less than 5k with usb 3.0 then please tell

here are various gigabyte mobos, but not sure abt the price ---> Gigabyte Core i3 and USB 3.0 Mobo

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Yup Rahul, copy that questionnaire and fill up and then paste it back here so that I can help u.. :)

but still, is it for a gaming PC or jus a complete work solution based requirement..?? :)

rahul941400

Broken In
Nevermind, he got it already from some local shop who ripped him off with some cheap intel board & some 2nd gen i7 processor, lol. Anyways Thnx always appreciate your eagerness to help :D

Top Bottom