the Official Intel Core ix thread for desktops and laptops

Krow

Crowman
Re: The Official Core i7 (Intel's nehalem) Thread

Work out whichever is cheaper and get it. That would be the best option I suppose. Please have a look at the PSU I suggested too, it will save a lot of power for you. :)

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

Hey guys, can u tell me a budget PC (needed only for d/loading stuff) and will be my 2nd PC and my budget is 12K max...(need suggestions only for mobo+proc+RAM) and as i will be using this system for ONLY d/loads, an onboard video support will be a must as i dnt wanna spend on a gpu :)

How is Atom based Processors (1.6Ghz with 1GB RAM) for d/loading stuff..??? more than enough..??

Hi buddy

Ya for downloading and basic computing the atom is a perfect platform.You can opt for the 1.8ghz model which comes built in on a 945 itx motherboard and add a 1 or 2gb ram cause it only has a single slot.The atom is really low in power consumption and look no further and get it blindfolded.

The proc+mobo combo's gonna cost you around 3k.
Add 1gb ddr2 for 1.1k or 2gb @ 2.2k depending on the cash you are willing to spend.
Since it has one slot i recon go for 2gb and max it out leaving no further upgrades.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

@ ashu888ashu888 - here are the details for a atom based rig :p

details of his suggestion :

Intel D945GCLF2 motherboard + Atom 330 processor (BGA 479, 1.6GHz, dual core)
+ 2GB of DDR2 667 MHz Ram + Mini ITX cabby

But note that 945 chipset may heat up a lot - that's why this mobo+cpu combo has active cooled NB but passively cooled cpu :p

*i.neoseeker.com/neo_image/161496/article/D945GCLF2_atom_330/mb2_thumb.jpg

E8500 @ 3.16GHz on Asus P5E3 Premium: 92W idle, 118W loaded
Atom 330 @ 1.6GHz on Intel D945GCLF2: 41W idle, 45W loaded

*www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware/Reviews/D945GCLF2_atom_330/

==============================================================

But still I think going with sempron 140 would be wiser choice - as it will fit inside a bigger cabby with a matx mobo - it will have better air circulation and the option for future upgrades too :p

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

also, given that Acer aspire one netbooks are available for some 15k, why not go for a netbook instead and get external HDD for download.

The detailed specifications of the new Acer Aspire One D250 Netbook are:

* CPU:Intel Atom processor N280 or N270
* Screen:10.1 inch SD 1024 x 600 (WSVGA) pixel resolution, Acer CrystalBrite LED-backlit TFT LCD
* Memory:1 GB RAM, 1 SODIMM Slot
* Operating System:Windows XP or Linpus Linux or both
* Hard Disk:160 GB HDD
* Optical Drive:None
* Wifi:Acer InviLink 802.11b/g Wi-Fi CERTIFIED
* Bluetooth:None
* Modem:None
* USB:3x USB 2.0 ports
* Audio:Two built-in stereo speakers, Built-in Microphone, Optimized Dolby Headphone technology
* Graphics:Intel GMA
* Carrybag:protective Sleeve Bag
* Battery:6 cell Lithium Ion battery
* Warranty:1 Year Limited International Traveller’s Warranty
* Camera:Integrated Acer Crystal Eye webcam, supporting enhanced Acer PrimaLite technology
* Others:Multi-in-one card reader,special keys & touchpad
* Weight:1.27 (in kg)
* With Intel Atom N280 Processor and Windows XP – Rs.19,900.
* With Intel Atom N280 Processor and Androis OS – Rs.19,000.
* With Intel Atom N270 Processor and Linux OS – Rs.15,900.

*www.netbookindia.in/acer-aspire-one-d250-price/

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

@ vicky, topgear and desii :

thanx alot u guys for easing out my confusion.. :) since i dnt wanna spend 15K (for a lappy) i wud stick for a mobo+proc+RAM combination (as i already hv a cabinet, smps) also, since i hv a heavy i7 rig, so spending needs to be least as possible..

btw, willthe Atom processor support my existing 19" LCD..?? i mean does it has an ONBOARD video support or do i need a pci-e card as well (just for display purpose, and NO gaming)..??? :confused:

I will make the purchases tomorrow, so plz help me out.. :)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

check this: *www.zotac.com/httpdocs/brochures/mb/ZOTAC-ION-ITX_v3.pdf

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

and this:

*www.zotac.com/httpdocs/brochures/mb/ION-ITX-E-E-Synergy-Edition_v1.3.pdf

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

ave not you seen the pic I've posted ? It's clear that this board does not has any kind of gfx card slot so it must have a gfx port onboard for sure :p

The intel D945GCLF2 motherboard sports with GMA 950 integrated graphics and a vga and a s-video output. So you will be able to use it without any gfx card :p

*i.neoseeker.com/neo_image/161500/article/D945GCLF2_atom_330/iop_thumb.jpg

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

what is triple channel....in i-7 ? Does i-5 also supports dat ? :noob:

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

@ desii and topgear: thanx guys

@ topgear: oops sorry for missing out on the pic in ur previous post.. :(

@karan: triple channel means having 3 RAM modules into their respective slots..as core i7 supports triple channel (running 3 RAM modules) on its motherboards..and afaik core i7 gives better performance wen running DUAL CHANNEL RAM and NOT triple.. :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ you are welcome buddy :p

what is triple channel....in i-7 ? Does i-5 also supports dat ? :noob:

Triple channel means :p
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple-channel_architecture

BTW, all intel LGA 1366 based procs ( and the x58 chipset ) supports triple channel mem

But all intel LGA 1156 based procs ie Core i5 and Core i7-800 series, plus the upcoming Core i3 series procs ( an the P55 chipset ) supports only dual channel mem :p

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

In the response of ashu888ashu888's PM :p

This thread is not read only buddy - it's working absolutely fine and you can post all core i7 related queries in here :p

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

^^

thnax a lot buddy for coming to my rescue.. :D yup, now i updated neat digit script and also FF and its working fine as b4.. phew... thanx again...

Btw, recently got myself a 2nd system (a lower config PC for d.load stuff only)..

Its an Intel Atom based system.. :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Glad to hear that your problem is solved and Congrats for your new Download rig :twisted: :p

mohit_

Right off the assembly line

Hi,

I am building a very similar PC with a bit different constraints. I reside in east delhi. My budget is 45 k. Already have a monitor, keyboard and mouse.

CPU - Core i7 920
Motherboard - Msi X58 Pro
RAM - Transcend 2GB DDR3 1333MHz C9
Graphic Card - ATI 5770 (XFX)
Hard Disk - 500 GB seagate 7200.12
Cabinet - Cooler Master Centurion 690
PSU - Coolermaster - 650

I have came across a very peculiar problem. Retailers all across the Nehru place are saying that they can't sell Core i7 920 loosely to me and it has to be packed with the motherboard from Intel too. So, this implies that I can't go for MSI motherboard which I so desperately want to.

And peculiar enough I am not able to find MSI x58 motherboards anywhere in Nehru Place exactly for the very same reason that i7s are not available lossely.

Can anyone help me out in this problem? Also, any suggestions would be welcome.
Thanks....

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

hey thanx for moving to this thread buddy, appreciate it.. :)
----------

Ok, u shud check out www.theitwares.com or lynx-india ---> *www.lynx-india.com/ and they will be able to sell motherboards of ur choice.. :)

I (personally) got all my core i7 stuff from theitwares.com (the guy, Rahul is really knowledgeable) and will provide u with any product u need, even Amarbir (Lynx india guy) will help u out..

Its a market policy as many ppl (like us) ditch Intel boards tatsy dealers hv come up with this idea... :)

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

this is ur mobo right.... ---> *www.lynx-india.com/index.php?productID=7584

bozx

Broken In

First And Again the first thanks for the reply

i heard i7 920 is around 14000
And the MSI board is 10000

I will then defenitely go for 1333 MHZ 3 x 1GB
will that be enough and can latter upgrade to that extra one slot
i read in a review maybe that after occupying all the 3 slots the when a forth ram is
entered then it dont (MSI x58 Pro) recognize it.

GPU i cant go for more i will limit to that 4870 enough for the time being i think so
and will save some money else i would go for HD 5850 (which i will got for after 2-3 months)

Ya u r right i should go for 22'' even 21'' will do ,
but i dont like that monitor its front pannel are very fat i like thin (like benq/acer/dell)
i.e the thickness of the border.

HDD wont be enough 1TB i download a lot.
though for the sake of budget i have even considered once to stay with 500 GB and letter upgrade. to 1.5 TB. i can scale down if required.

Dude i m better off with the UPS at all (10K) bacche ki jaan lega kya.......

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

@ mohit actually i want that i7 only my frnd is taking that i5 750.
i want to be in the safest side as i m not going to upgrade to 6/9/12 cores any sooner than 4 yrs.
so i need to consider every thing.........

and rest here in bangalore in SP Road they seel combos board and procss but still i will get it single.

u just try to find out the dealer or the supplier from their website.Maybe it will work.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

thanx to u too (for posting here and keeping things clean).. appreciate it bozx :)

for the MSi (having problems in detecting 4th RAM module) a BIOS update rectifies the problem (in most cases) so relax.. :)

yup, a 22" will be good enough, the Samsung 2233SW is piano black in finish and its panel is not FAT.. it looks good enough.. :) ---> *www.techtree.com/India/Reviews/Samsung_2233sw_LCD_Monitor/551-98062-630.html

only the lower part of the bezel is thick (wich has a blue LED wen the monitor is turned ON and it looks gr8) :)

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

by the way, if there is NOT much voltage fluctuation in ur area, then u can leave the UPS...yaa i knw its damn costly...

nagesh_sawant

Right off the assembly line

Hi ,
i stay at mumbai. i want to upgade my current system to new core i7 .my budget is between 35 to 40 k.
i already have monitor, keyboard ,mouse and graphics card i.e. ati 4850.my basic config is this:-

processor :core i 7 920
ram :3 gb tripple channel ddr 3
motherbord : intel x58
cabinet:any will do
smps :any will do

please suggest me good config on this criteria.thanks in advance

bozx

Broken In

nop the monitor u have which have thin breezel (Spelling mistake).
i lke less surface area in the front just almost touching the screen area just like urs.

Top Bottom