the Official Intel Core ix thread for desktops and laptops

Shadowfax2009

Wandering around
Re: The Official Core i7 (Intel's nehalem) Thread

My bet would be on this baby ... Dell UltraSharpTM 2209WA 22-inch Flat Panel Monitor. Its up on Dells website *www1.ap.dell.com/in/en/lca/snp/20lcd/cp.aspx?refid=20lcd&s=lca but still not available here. Would be around 15k at launch ... I would pay till 17K for this. Its a IPS panel :razz::razz::razz:

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

^^

well, since that DELL LCD is not available as of now, no point in waiting for that LCD (for me) :) but thanx anyhow/ :)

Btw, i jus went to croma,malad (Mumbai) today and saw this Glossy 23" Acer H233H LCD, it was jus awesome

(this is the link---> *www.acer.co.in/acer/product.do?link=oln85e.redirect&changedAlts=&CRC=600100215#wrAjaxHistory=0 )

with HDMI and 2ms response time, plz tell me how is this monitor.. ?? :confused: its priced at 13K at croma, malad.. :) is it a good bet. .?? (i think so, yes)
----------

plz help me out guys...

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

=============

I am confused b/w these:

1.) Samsung 2233SW 22" (21.5" in actual, FullHD)
2.) Acer (Glossy) H233H 23" (FullHD)
3.) AOC F22 22"
4.) BenQ E2200HD 21.5"
5.) BenQ T2200HD

Shadowfax2009

Wandering around

Man U r in some luck.

The dell S-ips baby is available today for 15K. Look here

*www.techenclave.com/dealers-paradise/your-favourite-dell-product-130838.html

Before making up your mind for any other monitor read reviews of this baby.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ Nice find. thanks.

@ ashu888ashu888 - go for this one. a 22inch s-ips panel for only 15K is just awesome. go for it without any second thought.

the specs are following :

> 1680x1050 pixels resolution provides sharp and brilliant images of text and graphics
> 300 cd/m² brightness and 1000:1 contrast ratio delivers high color accuracy and uniformity
> Offers a horizontal and vertical viewing angle of 178°
> 5 ms typical response time enables crisp and clear images

connectors : 4 x USB 2.0 Ports / Analog / DVI-D (Digital)

even with this 5ms response time it's way better than TN panels :p

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

THanx Shadowfax and Topgear.. i was jus hoping that any one of u guys will eventually reply here to me (greedy me..lol..)

I think wat u were suggecting me was this --> Dell UltraSharp 2209WA 22 inch e-IPS Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor

and here is the link ---> *techshop.in/store/product_info.php?products_id=3253

ALso, wat will the 4 USB ports help me in ?? :confused:
---------

My main point in buying an LCD wud be for gaming (as per my Rig specs in my siggy) and also for movie watching.. (so ghosting wud be a big No-No )

(i knw tat LCD for both gaming as well as movie watching is not possible and there has to be a trade off..) so,is there any trade off in this DELL LCD .. ?? :confused:
---------

I am really impressed by this DELL LCD..will ask for it at croma..considering its E-IPS and Ultrasharp LCD :)
----------

Btw, wat are ur views on this new ACER H233H 23" LCD (Rs. 13K) ?? :confused: it really looks good, the bad point is, its a GLOSSY screen hence will create problems in a well lit room with light reflecting back to my eyes.. :(
-----------

Waiting ur urgent responses by today evening, as will be buyin (Or atleast) placing the order... :D

CHeers n e-peace...

Last edited:
OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

is this ---> Dell UltraSharp 2209WA 22 inch e-IPS Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor available in the market or on Dell's site..?? or is it soon to be launched kinda thingy.. ???

hoodiboy

Broken In

Got my new System
Intel Core i7 920
Gigabyte GA EX-58 UD3R
4(2x2 GB) GB Corsair XMS3 DDR-3 1333 MHz in Dual channel
1 TB Seagate HDD
Sparkle Nvidia 9600 GT 1024 MB
1 LG DVD RW
Cooler Master Extreme 600W PSU
Cooler Master Elite 334 Cabinet.

But i m facing some problems..
Some times system doesn't start...some times i get BSOD..>!!!
Wat could be the problem...???I

I_no

__________ ___ __

Got my new System
Intel Core i7 920
Gigabyte GA EX-58 UD3R
4(2x2 GB) GB Corsair XMS3 DDR-3 1333 MHz in Dual channel
1 TB Seagate HDD
Sparkle Nvidia 9600 GT 1024 MB
1 LG DVD RW
Cooler Master Extreme 600W PSU
Cooler Master Elite 334 Cabinet.

That RAM is your problem and will end you up with a fried Core i7 cause its running at 1.7v while i7 IMC can only stand upto 1.65v.:shock:
Best bet is to underclock and undervolt at around 1.6v by loosening timing for the time being.
Save some bucks and go for a 3GB kit, or any triple channel kit for that matter, around the specified voltage range. I recommend OCZ Core i7 kit with CL7 @1333 Mhz @5K here --> *techshop.in/store/product_inf...oducts_id=3189 or you can get the 6GB version if you have money. DDR1333 is the sweetspot right now as higher rated kits don't give notable performance improvement and at this speed, the prices are also reasonable.8)
And the present RAM which you are using is horrible with 9-9-9-24 timings.
And since you are using a graphics card like 9600GT, I would presume that you are a gamer and I have to say that you would have been better off getting a better graphics card and a bit inferior platform as that would have been a better gaming rig than your present system.:|

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

@ ashu888ashu888 - Don't know about the ACER H233H LCD. If it's TN based then you should opt for dell one.

As it's showed up on techenclave's dealer paradise it should be available

follow this link, register there & just PM & send him a TheTechShopGuy. He is also member of this forum but I think it's better to PM him by registering on the following website :p

*www.techenclave.com/dealers-paradise/your-favourite-dell-product-130838.html

@ hoodiboy - I don't think your sys problem has anything to do with ram timings or voltage. I've faced this kind of probs ear;lier & it was due to faulty rams.

BTW, check your rams & gfx card & also check if you have fited every things firmly. If possible reinsert your all HW components.
To check your rams use a software called memtest86

Last edited:
OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

@ ashu888ashu888 - Don't know about the ACER H233H LCD. If it's TN based then you should opt for dell one.

As it's showed up on techenclave's dealer paradise it should be available

follow this link, register there & just PM & send him a TheTechShopGuy. He is also member of this forum but I think it's better to PM him by registering on the following website

*www.techenclave.com/dealers-p...ct-130838.html
THanx for the replr topgear, yup, the ACER H233H 23" is a TN panel based LCD so even im not gonna buy it..(jus found out yesterday online)...

i hv asked for the DELL LCD e-IPS panel, lets see wat price that dealer quotes.. :) will keep u updated.. :)
====================

Also, i need ur help here too ---> *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116791&page=2

so plz wenever u are free plz head over to that link and help me out step-by-step as im a total noob in neworking as its my 1st time.. :(
-----------

amitash

Intel OCer

Most probably the RAm...i7's do face alot of problems currently if its not a tri-channel setup...First make sure that the ram's are in correct slots for a 2x2gb config..refer to ur manual....Oh and i would say that u had a very bad choice in your rig...9600gt with i7 is just a waste of cash...maybe a phenom 2 config with atleast gtx260 core 216 would have suited better.

Shadowfax2009

Wandering around
The future of Core i7 (Intel's nehalem) 920

Hey guys,
This is out today as Intels future plans with i7 ....... with introduction of i5 and i3. Lynfield is going to be both i7 and i5. 1156 socket is going to have both i7 and i5.

GOOD PUBLIC HOGWASH.....BUT BUT IF U SEE THE TECHNICALITIES THE 1156 PLATFORM I7 IS COMPLETE MISNOMER TO MISLEAD PUBLIC. WITHOUT QPI AND OTHER 9 SERIES SPECIALITY IT IS CHEATING PUBLIC.

Anyway read here *www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=3585

Below is the most relevant part:
The important take away points are as follows:
1) The new brand is Intel Core. There will be three derivatives: Core i7, Core i5 and Core i3.
2) The Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Quad branding will eventually disappear.
3) Pentium, Celeron and Atom will remain.
4) Centrino will also go away and Intel's WiFi and WiMAX products will inherit the name starting in 2010.
But what separates a Core i7 from a Core i5 and Core i3? I may have some insight. Let's start with desktop processors:

Intel Core i7
: Cores 4, Threads 8, Turbo Yes
Intel Core i5:
Cores 2 or 4, Threads 4, Turbo Yes
Intel Core i3:
Cores 2 or 4, Threads 4, Turbo No

Only the Core i7 is allowed to run in a LGA-1366 socket, however there will be LGA-1156 i7, i5 and i3CPUs . The number of memory channels and the presence of a QPI link does not determine branding. In other words, Lynnfield will be both a Core i7 and a Core i5 depending on the SKU.
The LGA-1156 Core i7s will be the 8xx series, while the LGA-1366 i7s will be the 9xx series. The i5s will be the 6xx series and the i3s will be the 5xx series.
Four cores and HT enabled with turbo mode yields you a Core i7 on the desktop. If you only have support for up to 4 threads then you've got a Core i5; take away turbo and you have a Core i3.

It seems i7 920 is the best Intel processor to buy till stocks last.

The rumor that Intel is giving a higher processor at a lower price just to keep the market from AMD is true after all. i7 920 was intel's reluctant gift. :)

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

... i would say that u had a very bad choice in your rig...9600gt with i7 is just a waste of cash...maybe a phenom 2 config with atleast gtx260 core 216 would have suited better.
agreed totally.. :)

but maybe he must hv been in a cash crunch (maybe..) :(

Below is the most relevant part:
The important take away points are as follows:

1) The new brand is Intel Core. There will be three derivatives: Core i7, Core i5 and Core i3.
2) The Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Quad branding will eventually disappear.
3) Pentium, Celeron and Atom will remain.
4) Centrino will also go away and Intel's WiFi and WiMAX products will inherit the name starting in 2010.

But what separates a Core i7 from a Core i5 and Core i3? I may have some insight. Let's start with desktop processors:

Intel Core i7: Cores 4, Threads 8, TurboYes
Intel Core i5: Cores 2 or 4, Threads 4, Turbo Yes
Intel Core i3: Cores 2 or 4, Threads 4, Turbo No

It seems i7 920 is the best Intel processor to buy till stocks last.

The rumor that Intel is giving a higher processor at a lower price just to keep the market from AMD is true after all. i7 920 was intel's reluctant gift.

THanx for this valuable update dude.. appreciate it.. :)

Well, im happy (infact alot greedily happy ..lol..) that Intel's new processors are a shot below par with core i7... :D:D

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

===============

@amitash:

dude, since u too hv the same mobo as mine (Evga X58), wats the max temp ur mobo goes upto wen playing games on it??

Also, do u keep the side panel open or closed while playing.. ???
----------

Wen i do normal PC work and net surfing, the temp is around 34-38 deg C and while gaming the mobo temp shows 55-56 deg C... (i keep side panel open/ removed) and cabinet is CM690 ........

I am asking this as im not really sure if these are stable temps or over normal ?? :confused:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ The temp you're getting is just fine :p

BTW, what's your CPU & GPU temp after some heavy gaming ?

hoodiboy

Broken In

Most probably the RAm...i7's do face alot of problems currently if its not a tri-channel setup...First make sure that the ram's are in correct slots for a 2x2gb config..refer to ur manual....Oh and i would say that u had a very bad choice in your rig...9600gt with i7 is just a waste of cash...maybe a phenom 2 config with atleast gtx260 core 216 would have suited better.

I have put RAM as said in Mobo manual....
I am gng 2 buy a 2 GB stick more to get Triple channel Config...!!!:razz:
and about 9600 GT...i was abt 2 take GTX 260...
But changed my mind in last time...
ll be gng 4 GFX upgrade soon....!!!

amitash

Intel OCer

@amitash:

dude, since u too hv the same mobo as mine (Evga X5, wats the max temp ur mobo goes upto wen playing games on it??

Also, do u keep the side panel open or closed while playing.. ???
----------

Wen i do normal PC work and net surfing, the temp is around 34-38 deg C and while gaming the mobo temp shows 55-56 deg C... (i keep side panel open/ removed) and cabinet is CM690 ........

I am asking this as im not really sure if these are stable temps or over normal ??

Those temps are perfectly fine...im on water so i have better airflow and get 45-50C while gaming, i keep side panel on my antec900 closed with a side fan to cool my GPU.

CPU temp never goes past 60C while gaming (crysis at ultra high 16xAA)..on 100% load, it doesnt cross 66C...but it does touch around 78-80C at 4Ghz full load

As for the GPU, MAN thats one hot beast...crysis at highest gives 75-80C...I have to inc the fan speeed to 100% which makes it damn noisy to get <70C...now however i added a side fan that solves the prob quite easily.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

^^ The temp you're getting is just fine :p

ooh thanx, :)

i was tensed abt the temps.. :p
==========

BTw, the DELL Ultrasharp LCD 22" 2209WA (e-IPS panel) is jus NOT available anywhere in DELL too.. :( i dunno wen they are plannign its launch.. u hv any news on that .. it will be helpful.. coz if they (DELL) are planning to launch it in 2-3 months, then im not waiting for it, jus goin with Samsung 2233SW (22" FullHD LCD).. wat say.. ??

ALso, ther's another series of LCD's from Samsung, dubbed the "LAVENDER" series coming in 21.5" and 23" variants, fullHD(i guess) .. here's the link: *www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/9623129/Sam...descreen-LCD-Monitor-Rose-Black/Product.html# and this too ---> *www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?SAM-P2250#

My dealer 4warded me an email of the same, so searchd for it and came up with the above 2 links.. plz put ur comments on that.. (i knw its new so comments or reviews are hard to find)..
=================
----------

Those temps are perfectly fine...im on water so i have better airflow and get 45-50C while gaming, i keep side panel on my antec900 closed with a side fan to cool my GPU..
OOh, i see, so a Side fan DOES REALLY help..in lowering the temp of the gpu alil' say by 3-4 Degrees is it ?? :confused:

As for the GPU, MAN thats one hot beast...crysis at highest gives 75-80C...I have to inc the fan speeed to 100% which makes it damn noisy to get <70C...now however i added a side fan that solves the prob quite easily.
How do I measure the GPU temp.. ?? any application for the same.. ?? do let me knw dude..and how to control or speed up the fan spinning too ?? via BIOS ?? or any s/ware for that too.. ?? (watever it is, do giv me a simple yet elaborative detail.. plz) :)
------------

Cheers n e-peace....

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

==============
==============

Guys, also Amitash, which nVIDIA driver is the stable, 186.18 is available on Nvidia's site, shud i d/load it..?? (coz i guess sum 18x series of driver update for the GPU was really unstable, dunno wich one) :confused:

Top Bottom