The Official ATI RV770 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
^^But the memory bandwidth will be more right? So wont it increase the performance of these cards in particular?

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
yup, for such a capable and efficient GPU, 512 bit will surelly help[4850].
but for a 4870, the GDDR5 is already fast enuf to keep up with the GPU. and GPU will find it hard to tax the memory...even at 256 bit.
but 256 bit GDDR3 clocks arent enuf to juice 4850, but 256 bit GDDR5 is enuf to joice 4870.

imgame2

Padawan
where do i get these prices,i have called up dealers and asked them they are quoting very different prices 4850 for about 11k and 4870 for 19k i would really like to know if anyone has really bought 4870 for 14k anywhere in india ? if yes where is that ? be it mumbai,delhi or banglore ....for those price i can call up my friends to pick one card for me courier it to me ...it will be much cheaper for me anyway....

nvidia

-----ATi-----
^^4870 maybe expensive in some places even now, but 19k is too much when people say that its available for about 14k!
Don't buy it for that price.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
does anybody knows that Radeon HD 4850 & 4870 has been launched in india or not if yes than do anybody knows its price?

MODERATOR EDIT

After Too much speculations about ATi Series Graphic cards, we now have a Complete Rates and Performance information on these Cards !

Ati 4850 = Cheap on Rates, High on Performance = Make = MSI HD4850 = 9700/- (INR)

Ati 4870 = Whoa Very Cheap according to Performance= Make = MSI HD4870 = 13500/- (INR)

*Rates According to India Distributor, may varry in different zones

Where all.?.any dealers in Delhi/North India....?

If 4870 = 13500: wow...! Superb VFM.

imgame2

Padawan
^^4870 maybe expensive in some places even now, but 19k is too much when people say that its available for about 14k!
Don't buy it for that price.

all i m asking the place people have bought it for 14k ? is it in delhi ? or mumbai ? if yes ...which shop ?...thats my simple question if someone has bought it for that price.

[rApToR]

Computer Maniac !
Hey guys should I go for 4850 instead of GF 9800 GTX+ .:confused::confused::confused:
I want to play all the recent titles on almost full settings .
My config is :
Intel C2D 6750 2.66 GHz
Intel DG33FB mthbd
2 X 1GB dual channel 667 MHz RAM
400 W Zebronics plus PSU.

Also tell me if my PSU is sufficient to run it or I should go for Corsair VX450W .:smile:

shantanu

Technomancer
yeah ! guys : one thing to make clear is , i got the 4850 and the quoted price for 4970 is from a friend who is a dealer, he gave me special discounts :D ! so you might find it in delhi with near by prices :D ! but yes say its available at 13.5 k at Dehradun ! i am from Dehradun !

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
[rApToR];912855 said:
Hey guys should I go for 4850 instead of GF 9800 GTX+ .:confused::confused::confused:
I want to play all the recent titles on almost full settings .
My config is :
Intel C2D 6750 2.66 GHz
Intel DG33FB mthbd
2 X 1GB dual channel 667 MHz RAM
400 W Zebronics plus PSU.

Also tell me if my PSU is sufficient to run it or I should go for Corsair VX450W .:smile:

Dude the 9800GTX+ requires dual 6-pin power connection so u definitely need a better PSU. So look for some PSU which can run dual 12V rail like CM Xtreme 600W, Corsair HX620.
But HD4850 requires single 6-pin so u can easily get it on Corsair HX450W as the min. requirement for HD4850 is 450W.
9800GTX+ requires a min of 475W on a 26A rating with dual 6-pin.

I rather suggest either VX550 or CM Xtreme 600W if 9800GTX+ is ur choice.

all i m asking the place people have bought it for 14k ? is it in delhi ? or mumbai ? if yes ...which shop ?...thats my simple question if someone has bought it for that price.

YEah, no from Delhi, Mumbai, B'lore buying 4870? Or atleast provide the contact details whosoever is selling 4870 for 13500/-
I mean its still cheaper than the "19000/-" block!

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
yeah ! guys : one thing to make clear is , i got the 4850 and the quoted price for 4970 is from a friend who is a dealer, he gave me special discounts :D ! so you might find it in delhi with near by prices :D ! but yes say its available at 13.5 k at Dehradun ! i am from Dehradun !

Please tell me the Dealer name (and phone number)..?

[rApToR]

Computer Maniac !
Guys Plz tell me about the performance difference between the 9800 GTX+ and HD 4850 ?
I just want to play latest games like STALKER and GRID !!!
Reply ssoon

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
[rApToR];913056 said:
Guys Plz tell me about the performance difference between the 9800 GTX+ and HD 4850 ?
I just want to play latest games like STALKER and GRID !!!
Reply ssoon

*images.anandtech.com/graphs/atiradeonhd4870_062408145208/17129.png

*www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3341&p=1

shantanu

Technomancer
I can tell you the name and address of importer, rest is on you :D !

its : ACRO EnGINEERING
C-87, DDA Sheds, Okhla Industrial Area,
Phase-1, New Delhi 110020
ph : 011 46516449

Please tell me the Dealer name (and phone number)..?

i dont take orders dude !!!

Last edited:

toofan

Technomancer
@shantnu
I frequently visits Dehradun. Whenever I have to buy will you help me there with my shopping.

I had to buy HD 4850 or 4870 + a psu(budget 2.5k).

And guys Any suggestions for the brand i must go within that budget for psu.

imgame2

Padawan
what i don't understand is why is available at 13.5k in dehradun and at other places its close to 19k ? anybody from delhi mumbai please confirm the price at their place ?....and please help us to give the correct price. ....if its available at 13.5k in dehradun ..i will go to dehradun and buy it from there ...my journey will cost me 1 k ..but at 14.5k it will be worth ..is it not ?

shantanu

Technomancer
sure man ! will help you but i dont confirm you will get the same price as my dealer did me a favour(personally my friend) !

imgame it is not available at Dehradun in 13.5 k : make clear note it was a pricing for me ! a pricing at which distributor receives the card from Importer :| , so its not for public SALE :D its for me as he is a very good friend of mine !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom