The Official Antivirus Thread

Which one of the following is the best according to you

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
KAV was annoying for me as it slowed down my PC a lot. Now I'm a happy user of AVG.

One prob-
I uninstalled AVG 8.0 and tried to install KIS 2009. During installation, I get a message that AVG is not removed and says that I have to remove it. When I click on remove, I get taken to the Add/Remove programs list. AVG is not present there. How can I get around this? I also tried removing it using CCleaner but to no avail. AVG doesn't show up in CCleaner.
Why is Kaspersky detecting the presence of AVG? Plz help. I'm desperate to try out KIS 2009.

OP
Indyan

Indyan

Here Since 2003
Try using a reg cleaner for cleaning up the registry (rec:Tuneup Utilities). If that doesnt help manually search the registry for entires of avg (use tune up or resplendent or similar soft) and delete them. Anyway a lot of people seem to be having problem with uninstalling avg. Check the links here.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
I tried cleaning all the entries with CCleaner. CCleaner removed all the entries which it could find. But still I couldn't install KIS.

Will try with TuneUp Utilities.

nedun_cheran

Broken In
kaspersky = best detection,light on system,easy to set gamers mode:D(no other av hav this feature except bitdefender),best support,hourly update,easy to configure,good scanning speed.

Dear Folks,
most of our friends voted for Kaspersky.
But it doesn't stop or eliminate the "Newfolder.exe" virus.
Even with the registered and updated version.
Any remedy for that.
Where as the great Norton chew all those trojans and worms
kln.cheran@gmail.com

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
Norton is heavier on system resources compared to Kaspersky.

It is the user who is responsible for allowing all those pesky trojans and worms enter the PC!!!! :)
And if Kaspersky is installed on the PC, it won't allow any more malware to enter the PC.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
^^Thats right. I'm using kaspersky 2009 now and the interface is really easy to conduct with and it detects the virus before the virus even knows it. And it provides all rounder protection and the update virus definations are of small in size and so it is very helpful to people who have low internet speed to update(like me).But i would strongly recommend people to use AVAST ANTIVIRUS if the user has ram lower than 1gb as it will slow down the speed of the system becoz it performs a scans at startup,installation packages,and of various types and very often.

FREE: 1. Avast, 2. AVG
PAID: 1. Kaspersky 2. There's no two cause only Kaspersky is the best

Udaya Maurya

Journeyman
I can't believe, I'm the only one who voted BitDefender. It is rated the best on many review websites and I've seen many other antiviruses like kaspersky, Avira, Norton, etc. not detecting viruses and being failed in the services. I'll highly recommend BitDefender. Regarding NOD32, yeah it is my next choice but it's interface needs experts to handle, that is the main problem.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
KAV was annoying for me as it slowed down my PC a lot. Now I'm a happy user of AVG.

One prob-
I uninstalled AVG 8.0 and tried to install KIS 2009. During installation, I get a message that AVG is not removed and says that I have to remove it. When I click on remove, I get taken to the Add/Remove programs list. AVG is not present there. How can I get around this? I also tried removing it using CCleaner but to no avail. AVG doesn't show up in CCleaner.
Why is Kaspersky detecting the presence of AVG? Plz help. I'm desperate to try out KIS 2009.

Try Revo Uninstaller, download it and uninstall it properly from there. It'll also remove all the attached registy keys. After that, restart and then install and tell me.

avidgamer

Right off the assembly line
avast is just too good.. the 4.8.xxxx release is also a hell lot faster.. and ofc has excellent detection.. plus its so light you wont even notice its presence in your system!

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
@comp@ddict- I won't try it now because I have lost the KIS key I had procured. So I have to stick to AVG.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
Yes I know but cheap licenses aren't available where I live.

And I don't need a paid AV because I'm cautious enough not to get infected.

Last edited:

torrent08

Broken In
AVIRA ANTIVIR Personal free edition i have been using ..its the BEST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! among all the Antiviruses !!!! it rocks !!!!
and u know which is the WORST:mad::mad::mad:---NOD 32 :eek::eek::eek: not norton !!! coz NOD damn crashed my system altogether !!! dont ever use it !!! its sucks !!!! N O D £" SUX...

AVIRA ANTIVIR Personal free edition i have been using ..its the BEST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! among all the Antiviruses !!!! it rocks !!!!
and u know which is the WORST:mad::mad::mad:---NOD 32 :eek::eek::eek: not norton !!! coz NOD damn crashed my system altogether !!! dont ever use it !!! its sucks !!!! N O D £" SUX...
WTF!!!! :mad:
First of all, I use NOD32 and I find it to be the best and the lightest AV ever
secondly, using bold fonts will only lessen our respect towards you...why the hell do yu wnat to shout????

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
I personally prefers Avira and switched from NOD32 a few days ago.

BTW torrent08, please try to use your fonts carefully, since this thread is created by a mod and he is regularly visiting here.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Heres a list of Online Scanners which can be used when the PC is infected and your Antivirus Software is unable to detect it:

BitDefender Online Scanner

Kaspersky Online Spyware And Virus Scanner

ESET Online Antivirus Scan

Trend Micro's online virus scanner
Thanks for sharing :)
@Mods: Pls update post #1 with this content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom